Hello guys, you may have seen this post if you frequent BBForums as well, but I am trying to get opinions, find out whether this is worth pursuing!

The Bolds a great phone, I love it, but with 3G enabled my battery struggles to last 2 days...result is I have it on GPRS/EDGE and wi-fi connection...but when I leave home/wifi hotspot I end up with Curve-speed browsing...this sucks! RIM don't exactly make it easy to switch from radio to radio, but I bet its possible.

The concept is to improve battery life whilst not sacrificing browsing speed (gprs is a fine carrier for BBMessenger, email receiving etc.) ...

So the simplest option would be to map a keyboard button to enable/disable the 3g radio but I bet its possible to make a much more elegant app....here's the concept...

The app is simply a container for the browser, when you open the browser up all it has to do is 1)check that there is a wifi connection, 2)if there isnt, enable the 3g radio 3)when the browser session ends, disable the 3g radio....

That simple!

What do people think?
    06-02-09 06:05 AM
    Not too bad an idea. Worth checking out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 06:41 AM
    Definitely worth it.
    06-02-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD