So Sunday morning, I decided to go ahead and buy a few apps for my new Storm 9550. I decided to purchase QuickLaunch because of everyones rave reviews about it on here. Meterberry because I am interested in seeing what apps are draining the most battery power. Lastly Druglord Wars, no technical reason for that, it just looked fun and people gave it good reviews. Total price $11.34

So I went straight to Mobihand placed my order and got a notice that my order had to be checked for fraud and that I would receive an email shortly either accepting my order or asking for a number to verify Card Holder information. For $11? Ok,cool. No problem. I have no problem with Mobihand making sure that my card isn't being used inappropriately.

So i wait. And wait. And wait. After 2 hours I get an email asking for a contact number to verify information. No problemo. Shoot over an email with the info expecting a call shortly. 1 hour later.......Nada. 2 hours later i get another email stating that the order has been canceled while awaiting for a phone number to verify information and will be completed when they receive that information. Check Sent Email, confirm sent status. Hmmmm, I just sent that, but ok lets resend it. Back to the waiting game. Still no call 3 hours later. Lets send another politely express how this is starting to be an inconvenience. The rest of the day passes. Still nothing.

Monday morning, check phone for missed calls, nothing. Check BB for unread email, nothing. Check out Mobihands headquarters location. Ah West Coast, ok lets give them a few hours to get to work.

Assuming they arrive at 9 a.m. pst, I wait til 1p.m. est. Still nothing. Ok, now im getting aggravated. I send another email explaining that this type of "Customer Support" is absurd. I receive an email stating that my order has been declined, and that Mobihand may still show up on my statement but that they are certain that I will not be charged.

Declined?! By who?! Ok, lets call the C.C. company and they ensure me that there are no problems with my card. As I expected. Send an email asking Mobihand who "declined" the order and I would like to know why.

Can any one guess what happened next? If you guessed NOTHING, you'd be right. No return email at all. So naturally I sent another email because of course there's no contact phone number for Mobihand! I state in the email that I would like to be called by a supervisor as hours and hours and hours pass between each email. Can anyone guess what happens next? Yup, NOTHING!

So here I stand, no apps, No other way to buy these apps, no way to reach Mobihand effectively! They should change their "Customer Support" link to a "Click here, explain your problem, and we'll make sure to do nothing about it" link.

I'm sure some of you have not had any problems with Mobihand but I know that others have. Just getting the word out of a company that does not seem to make Customer Service their priority. Why should they? You can't go anywhere else to buy some of those apps!
    11-23-09 05:33 PM
    wow ive been checked by fraud a few times by mobihand but it never went this far. i honestly never had any major issues with mobihand before. sorry to hear about your bad experience.
    11-23-09 06:24 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Thankfully every time I have used MobiHand I have had no issues. the one issue I had was corrected quickly one I made them aware of it.
    11-23-09 06:32 PM
    i just bought my first apps from mobihand and i had no troubles, hope you can find another good place to buy them.
    11-23-09 07:01 PM
    Yea I've never experienced like this in all my time purchasing things online. Every transaction I've ever had has been smooth as silk. I just wish they would have picked up the phone like they said they were going to. The email correspondence has been horrendous and I just couldn't go without letting people on here know that it happened this way for me. Quite a shame. Never before have I been willing to give business to a company and been turned away in such an abhorrent manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 08:25 PM
    I've had my card checked for fraud as well, which I appreciate. It resulted in a 2-3 hour delay before I got my OTA link emails but I can live with that. Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. Speaking from personal experience I've bought a ton of apps/themes though mobihand with no trouble (other than the one fraud check delay, which as I said I am good with.) Were you purchasing directly from the Mobihand site, or through CB? I've used both, and have used the PayPal option on the Mobihand site several times. As with most things PayPal, it's super convenient and ultra quick...
    11-23-09 08:38 PM
    I do think it's pretty ******** that they "check for fraud" which delays an order. Nobody else does this online. Not paypal, not Amazon, nobody.

But hey, at least your card wasn't charged right? While it was annoying, at least it wasn't a nightmare.

I try to limit my purchases through mobihand for precisely this reason--when I order something I want it now, not 2 hours from now. Especially when the order is for like $4.99. I could understand if I were making a $500 purchase or something.
    11-23-09 10:03 PM
    I certainly did not expect a simple fraud check to create such a problem. Or rather, not performing the fraud check. Its their responsibility to call to verify which is fine, but the key part of that statement is that they're supposed to call. Another example why competition in the market place is critical. Could you imagine if companies didnt have to worry about customer satisfaction because prospective customers get the product, or similar product, anywhere else?

I just felt it was my duty to let all my fellow Crackberry members know my experience because everyone posting their experiences is what makes this site so great.
    11-23-09 10:04 PM
    Thats odd and a bummer but ...
    Just an thought which you probably have already done but one of those things if you don't ask bugs ya and the question is .

Have you enterd that 3 digit security code(number) correct also ?If for some reason there was a typo on that then it wouldnt go tho with the charge .
    11-24-09 08:04 AM
    The only time I have had a "fraud check" is when I used my credit card to purchase an app for my wife, which I thought was appropriate since the name on the card didn't match the user of the phone. Like a previous poster said, it was about a 2 hour delay and all was good. Sorry to hear about your dealings with them. Keep us posted.
    11-24-09 09:27 AM
    wow ive been checked by fraud a few times by mobihand but it never went this far. i honestly never had any major issues with mobihand before. sorry to hear about your bad experience.
    Same, most I waited for fraud check is half hour or so.

11-24-09 10:34 AM
    I am also having issues with MobiHand. I have been trying to get a second upgrade for Berryweather since the new version was available. First upgrade for Hubby's phone went fine. Second upgrade attempt for my phone tells me that I can download it for free. I do so, but never get activation code for second download. Sent e-mail through form, get reply--with activation code for Hubby's BB. Reply to e-mail, get a response that I have not upgraded, so no activation code. I replied that they could charge me for the second copy. I am then told that my original purchase is too old, and that I would have to pay for the upgrade. No one read my reply telling them it was OK to charge me!!!

I gave consent two full days ago for them to charge me the $3.99 for the upgrade. I still have no activation code, and no response. MobiHand's customer service is horrible. I will not purchase from the Crackberry store again, just for this reason.
    12-08-09 03:40 PM
    Update:

MobiHand just sent me an e-mail with MY HUSBAND'S ACTIVATION CODE, AGAIN!!!

I am now truly impressed with the incompetence MobiHand attempts to pass off as customer service.
    12-08-09 04:07 PM
    I didn't even know they had a fraud alert, but then again I mostly use payapl for payment.
    12-08-09 04:10 PM
    Update:

MobiHand just sent me an e-mail with MY HUSBAND'S ACTIVATION CODE, AGAIN!!!

I am now truly impressed with the incompetence MobiHand attempts to pass off as customer service.
    I feel your pain. I've been waiting for over a week to get a corroct registration code for BerryWeather. Finally they ask for my PIN.....uhh....my PIN is in my account number. My PIN was provided in my email.....and it's either "Tom" or "Jessica" shooting out the email that don't help......I can say this will be my last purchase from them.
    12-12-09 06:25 PM
    They aren't the only store that has problems, I get emails every day from people trying to purchase from another major store who can't get it to work. Their support seems difficult to reach quickly also.

In situations where the customer wants to purchase but can't because the store is not letting them, I for one become willing to accept a direct order via paypal, and email the app.
    12-12-09 10:56 PM
    I will never use Mobihand again. they are not customer service oriented.

12-13-09 03:54 AM
    +1 408-540-6344

This is their corporate contact #.

HOWEVER.... it's an automated answering service. No actual Live person on the other end. So you're out of luck regardless :-(
    Last edited by zoolai; 02-23-10 at 05:01 PM.
    02-23-10 02:16 PM
    I have been having device id change problems with them for the last 2 weeks. They offer terrible support. They accused me of fraud and requested pictures of my receipt and phone. I gave them what they requested only to be told that receipt had another persons name on it. The phone wasn't purchased under my name/account. But I have the original receipt and the phone in my possession to prove the phone is mine. My credit card # is even on the receipt. It was bought under another account and they girl said I can use her upgrade if I buy the phone (she uses a iphone and didn't want the 9700). So I figured why not? I was getting a great deal.

I also tried to obtain a theme from them yesterday after winning it in a contest, they fail to respond to my emails or give me my theme.

I have reported them to the BBB (better business bureau) and hopefully that will help others in the future have a better experience than what I am having. and solve my issues with mobihand.

I have never had problems with them in the past. They always gave me my ots links asap. Now they treat me like I'm a criminal out to steal $15 worth of apps.
    03-03-10 01:35 PM
    You might want to try going through this site instead for a new activation code. Much faster and easier. Bellshare - Activation Code Support

Direct Bellshare support is linked there as well.
    03-03-10 01:42 PM
    I have as well and just within a few minutes I have logged into my account and they were in there even without a verification email till several hours later. Sometime they do things weird but they have always come through for me one way or another... Did you check your mobihand account to see if the apps were there before the email???? Sometimes they are slow getting it out but within a few minutes I have always had the apps show up in the account....
    03-03-10 01:48 PM
    ok, does anyone here actually know how this stuff works? apparently not.

It's very easy to complain about having to wait for stuff, and I hear you about the "it's only $4.99", but do you know that these companies have to PAY the credit card companies if someone steals YOUR CARD and uses it here. That $4.99 could turn into $200+ in fees REALLY quick. It's called "good business sense".

It seems that the same people who get mad when things don't go super quick for them are the same people that get all upset that companies allowed people to use their stolen credit card and destroy their credit. I's rather be inconvenienced now by a few hours or days even than the weeks or months it takes to clean up a case of credit card fraud.

Also, I can't help but laugh at people that complain about poor support. My guess - you asked a VERY general question. When your car breaks, do you call the service guys and say "my car don't work?". No. You give them ALL THE INFO YOU CAN. The same rules should apply to any service you need, wether its for your phone or your car. I am willing to bet that if you had actually given MH support all the info they needed, they would probably be able to have helped you quickly and properly. Bottom line - they should NEVER have to ask you for ANY INFO - you should already give them everything they need to do their job. I can't stand when people blame others because they didn't do their part to start with.
    03-03-10 04:29 PM
    Get PayPal!!!
    03-03-10 07:16 PM
    ok, does anyone here actually know how this stuff works? apparently not.

It's very easy to complain about having to wait for stuff, and I hear you about the "it's only $4.99", but do you know that these companies have to PAY the credit card companies if someone steals YOUR CARD and uses it here. That $4.99 could turn into $200+ in fees REALLY quick. It's called "good business sense".

It seems that the same people who get mad when things don't go super quick for them are the same people that get all upset that companies allowed people to use their stolen credit card and destroy their credit. I's rather be inconvenienced now by a few hours or days even than the weeks or months it takes to clean up a case of credit card fraud.

Also, I can't help but laugh at people that complain about poor support. My guess - you asked a VERY general question. When your car breaks, do you call the service guys and say "my car don't work?". No. You give them ALL THE INFO YOU CAN. The same rules should apply to any service you need, wether its for your phone or your car. I am willing to bet that if you had actually given MH support all the info they needed, they would probably be able to have helped you quickly and properly. Bottom line - they should NEVER have to ask you for ANY INFO - you should already give them everything they need to do their job. I can't stand when people blame others because they didn't do their part to start with.
    Maybe you don't comprehend what's going on here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...09#post4815109 Adam from crackberry took the link down. He doesn't want mobihand to be upset that I posted that. Kinda makes sense as they and mobihand are partners. Thank goodness for freedom of speech.

And being a victim of credit card fraud 2 times in my life. It is easier than people make it seem to get you card fixed.
    Last edited by doob; 03-12-10 at 12:35 PM.
    03-11-10 11:02 AM
    Some good advice here, so I'll add one too, for Mobihand (CB Store) transactions:

If there is more than one BB involved (e.g. husband and wife, other family member, etc.), create separate accounts. That way the PIN can be kept separate for each account.

If you decide, for example, to buy your wife an app, it usually requires you to change the PIN info on Mobihand. While it may be your intent to just buy that one app of course, Mobi also has a PIN changer web tool that will change the reg keys on all your apps -- for when you change devices, for example.

As you can imagine, that convenience that Mobi provides can also be abused (I'll leave it to you to figure out), so PIN changes that occur on a frequent basis are flagged for a CS rep to look at manually.

To avoid the whole issue and potential back/forth of emails explaining that you were merely purchasing the app for your wife and had to change the PIN number to do so, it is far easier to just create a new account for your wife, and use that when purchasing apps for her BB. Both accounts can still use the same credit card, of course.

If there is a problem down the road, it is far easier to explain and support your case than frequent PIN switching (for legit reasons) which on the surface LOOKS abusive of Mobi's device switch service.
    03-11-10 11:24 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD