lets start with the new webkit browser. well, its truly fast and very nice. I read every day the Drudgereport, and on my Tour i had to use opera mini for it. Now with WebKit, i dont need opera anymore. Please note, that you cannot download (OTA) the Opera version 5.1. I dont know why. The bolt browser doesnt work properly either on the Style. i pressed some letters and numbers came up etc. perhaps its not ready yet for the OS 6.
    what botheres me about the Style;(why its in apps world when it doesnt work for the style is beyond me)

1) any apps in the "all" section, if you hide them, you wont see them in any other folder either. On my Tour at least i was able to move any 3rd party apps to the "download" folder without seeing those apps in the main screen but here i see those apps in the "all" section and in the download folder.

2) you cannot move anything in the "download" folder. it automaticly shows up there if downloaded. thats it. on my tour i was able to shove anything there that i didnt want on my main screen. even if it wasnt downloaded, like games or gps etc.

the vibration is very good, but a bit noisy.

keyboard, a bit narrow, but if you type with 2 hands, its really not a problem

emails; im used to the Tour and the screen was wider. i will have to get used to a narrower look to the emails.

what is the point of the "frequent' and "favorite' folder if all those apps are in the 'all" folder anyways and cannot be hidden just from the 'all' folder without hiding them from thosse folders? do i need my apps to show up 6 times in each folder?

sound is very good, and in call screen with options of loudspeaker and mute etc it very good.
    11-01-10 10:52 AM
    Kinda sounds like you like OS 5 better. Or at least are just used to it.
    11-01-10 11:08 AM
    Kinda sounds like you like OS 5 better. Or at least are just used to it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, its not a matter of liking.imtryingto explore OS 6 and understand it.

11-01-10 12:13 PM
    Also, let me ad, that the battery life is acctually very good. One point here, on my Tour, after playing with my phone for a few minutes, the back of the phone would heat up like crazy. The Style has the same issue although not as severe. The CDMA reception isnt any better then the Tour. I saw already on my Style the most hated message "searching for CDMA".

Resolution; yes its less then the Tour and Bold. If you download lets say Google Voice or Google sync, you will see that the icon isnt nearly as sharp as on the Tour/Bold.

when you enter options, and you go to Third party app, it shows empty, although i did download a few apps. so i am not sure what this is all about.

i have one more issue here, and it can be just my fault, but lets mention it anyways, just in case. The Style comes along with a 8GB card. i took it out and replaced it with my old card, and a msg popped up "fatal error" etc. then i put back the new card and the same came up again. not sure what happening here.
    11-01-10 12:36 PM
    Also, let me ad, that the battery life is acctually very good. One point here, on my Tour, after playing with my phone for a few minutes, the back of the phone would heat up like crazy. The Style has the same issue although not as severe. The CDMA reception isnt any better then the Tour. I saw already on my Style the most hated message "searching for CDMA".

Resolution; yes its less then the Tour and Bold. If you download lets say Google Voice or Google sync, you will see that the icon isnt nearly as sharp as on the Tour/Bold.

when you enter options, and you go to Third party app, it shows empty, although i did download a few apps. so i am not sure what this is all about.

i have one more issue here, and it can be just my fault, but lets mention it anyways, just in case. The Style comes along with a 8GB card. i took it out and replaced it with my old card, and a msg popped up "fatal error" etc. then i put back the new card and the same came up again. not sure what happening here.
    Format the card first. That does erase everything though so make sure its all backed up.
    11-01-10 01:04 PM
    Just got the Style today; my first BlackBerry and "smartphone". So far I love it!

11-01-10 09:53 PM
    So far, the gmail app doesn't work properly either. The "search" option on this app doesn't work. ackberry.com[/QUOT

11-01-10 11:48 PM
    Just got the Style today; my first BlackBerry and "smartphone". So far I love it!

And you're exactly the type of person Rim and Sprint was targeting with this.
    11-02-10 09:03 AM
    I went to the Sprint store today to check out the Style. I was very impressed with the device and the software. Everything seemed to be very fluid and easy. It wasn't difficult to find where everything is in relation to OS 5. The keyboard shortcuts are the same. Everything seems to be similar, but just updated. The web browser was nice. There were a few things that I didn't like with the device was the zooming in on web pages. There is no column view from what I could tell. Also, the GPS works only in the internal display from what I could see. That means that your phone has to be open while using the GPS. And I'm sure you won't be able to use a car dock with it. Outside of those two things, the phone was great looking and performing. It felt really sturdy. Well put together. I did notice that there was illumination around the trackpad. That's a really nice touch. The keyboard was great feeling and easy to use. Its thinner than my Bold, but not as thin as the Torch's keyboard. The display was quite good on both screens. The overall feel was probably one of the best that I have experienced on a smartphone aside from the iPhone 4. I would definitely recommend this device to anyone looking for a BB on Sprint. I was tempted to pick it up myself, but it doesn't really offer me anything more than what I already have with my 9000. Outside of the web browser, it wouldn't be an upgrade worth of switching carriers or phones for. Its a great phone, but my Bold is on par with it.

11-02-10 01:56 PM
    I came from a lotus to my not yet 3 week old curve 3g,quite a leap.

11-02-10 01:58 PM
    It's so nice to hear the words "well put together" and "RIM" used in the same sentence for a change.
    Last edited by experiment626; 11-02-10 at 02:09 PM.
    11-02-10 02:05 PM
    So far it seems fewer negative comments than any other newly introduced BB I can remember.
    11-02-10 03:04 PM
    So far it seems fewer negative comments than any other newly introduced BB I can remember.
    I think that everyone had very low expectations for this device and was pleasantly surprised how good it was when they finally got their hands on it.

11-02-10 03:53 PM
    I bought this phone on Monday. I love it. Love the BB6 as well as the new web browser. Still haven't pushed this phone to the limit. But the battery is great so far. I can make it for a long period without having to seek a charger. But I stay on it endlessly. I would recomend it. Especially if you had an old Curve 8330.
    11-03-10 10:10 AM
    I bought this phone on Monday. I love it. Love the BB6 as well as the new web browser. Still haven't pushed this phone to the limit. But the battery is great so far. I can make it for a long period without having to seek a charger.
    That's actually surprising. According to RIM's specifications for each phone, the Style has the worst battery life.
    11-03-10 10:13 AM
    I would LOVE this device!!! I'd K-I-L-L to get it, if it came GSM.
    11-03-10 10:52 AM
    There's the rub.
    11-03-10 01:39 PM
    I think that everyone had very low expectations for this device and was pleasantly surprised how good it was when they finally got their hands on it.
    This device has been taking a pretty good beating since it first surfaced as a rumor. I just watched a vid of it and was pretty impressed. If I didn't have a bold and it was offered on verizon I'd most likely go for it. Flip devices are great for pocket carrying anyway and the compactness is nice.
    btw Dwayne, you started a thread earlier as relunctant to upgrade to os-6. Has the "style" and your trying the browser in store changed your opinion about 6 at all? When I look at the videos using the "official 6 browser on the style, it seems no diff than the leaked on my 9650.
    11-03-10 02:11 PM
    That's exactly what I said about the Torch and CDMA. It's basically the reason I'm rocking a Droid X right now, waiting to see if I'll like OS6 on my Bold. If I would've been able to get the Torch without switching to AT&T, I would've...instead I used this time while Verizon doesn't have shizz for new Berries to test the waters on Android.

Oh, and apologies...didn't mean to hijack the thread. It's more of my rant that I would like it if RIM would just make the same phones for all carriers. And then let us choose which service we want. I have to suffer because I have to have good service. VZW is 10x better than AT&T and Sprint in my area (AT&T just got 3g here last month) but lagging a bit in the BB arena.
    Last edited by Wildo6882; 11-03-10 at 02:17 PM.
    11-03-10 02:11 PM
    That's exactly what I said about the Torch and CDMA. It's basically the reason I'm rocking a Droid X right now, waiting to see if I'll like OS6 on my Bold. If I would've been able to get the Torch without switching to AT&T, I would've...instead I used this time while Verizon doesn't have shizz for new Berries to test the waters on Android.

Oh, and apologies...didn't mean to hijack the thread. It's more of my rant that I would like it if RIM would just make the same phones for all carriers. And then let us choose which service we want. I have to suffer because I have to have good service. VZW is 10x better than AT&T and Sprint in my area (AT&T just got 3g here last month) but lagging a bit in the BB arena.
    I understand what you mean. I'm on AT&T and love the service, but I have been wanting a Storm for the last couple of years and had to accept that AT&T won't get it. Now, I'm very interested in the Style, and AT&T won't be getting that one either. I guess I will have to stick with what they are putting out. But I shouldn't complain too much because we do have the Bold 9780 coming. I will just have to wait for that or keep my Bold 9000 which isn't too shabby.

11-03-10 06:42 PM

I was one of the haters of this device at first. After having used it for several days I am VERY shocked at how good a device it really is.

That's actually surprising. According to RIM's specifications for each phone, the Style has the worst battery life.
    Oh, I have pushed this battery to it's limit and beyond lol (you can use for almost an added 10 mins once the red battery starts flashing). I let the device get a complete charge before even touching it. Started using it at 6 am and finally got the red battery indicator at 8:30 pm. I am a HEAVY user of my Berry. I'm on emails, SocialScope, BBM, SMS, calls and IM clients all day long. This battery can go and then some...
    11-04-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD