Have you ever made a phone call by only a single keystroke? Say, if you want to call your friend Robert, instead of looking into your contact list, find and dial the number, just tap on the “R” key on your blackberry keyboard, and the call will be made. It’s extremely easy, and can save you a lot of time.

Sounds too good to be true? Not until you have used Hotkey Manager.

I have used eMobiStudio’s MemoryUp, which is very handy and useful. This time, I am fortunately among the first few users that tested this app. And I can’t wait to share my experiences with all of you.

As its name tells, Hotkey Manager is an easy-to-use app that allows you to map your contacts and even applications to single keystroke. It is currently the only application that allows you to map 52 keys on your blackberry keyboard. And it is extremely easy to use: When you make a call, all you need to do is tapping on the key that is assigned to your contact. You can even assign a key to your frequently applications. For instance, if you use MemoryUp (an app that frees memory on your Blackberry) frequently, you can set up a hotkey for MemoryUp using Hotkey Manager, and instantly launch MemoryUp to release your blackberry’s memory simply by tapping on the key any time. Isn’t it amazing?

Statistics shows that, staring at the screen of mobile devices increases the probability of getting presbyopia. Please do not waste your time on looking into your contact list or application list. A small piece of application can make your life much easier. From my personal experience, it’s really a must-have for all Blackberry users.

If you guys want the App for free, send me a letter and I will get u back. Please, write the title as: I want Hotkey Manager.

Sorry, I forgot to add my contact infor, here is my email: [email protected]. I am a beta tester for HotkeyManager, with a couple of free licenses for testing purpose. Let me know if you are intersted in testing this app with me.

New version update:

The new version of Hotkey Manager V1.8 now release. New features are added:

Version 1.8 (Mar. 30, 2010)
    1. New function added: Screen Capture
    2. New language support for Spanish & Chinese
    3. New options added: Check for Update, Tell a friend, and Set Application Permissions, etc.
    4. Optimization on user interface

More and more imporvements will be created in the furture according to your suggestions and the developer's efforts
    Last edited by offsamwhin213; 03-29-10 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Updates
    01-12-10 12:43 AM
    How is this different from speed dial? I assign a letter to my contact and all I have to do is hold down on it for a second or two and it automatically calls that contact. Also, what about standard keyboard shortcuts... do they get overwritten by this program? For somebody that uses Quicklaunch and for others who use ShortcutMe, we can launch apps, calls, texts, emails, and urls from using a letter or two. Is Hotkey Manager is suitable replacement for those apps?
    01-12-10 01:16 AM
    You lost me at memoryup. (WHITE VAN)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 01:23 AM
    Just use Quicklaunch's new Q shortcut key.
    01-12-10 01:36 AM
    Thank you for the information. I notice from HotkeyManager's official website that it supports for A maximum of 52 hotkeys . Is that true? Could I have a try?
    01-12-10 07:30 PM
    Have you ever made a phone call by only a single keystroke?
    Why yes I have, by using the built in speed dial... For everything else I use QuickLaunch.
    01-12-10 07:48 PM
    Hmmmm.... might have to take a look....
    01-12-10 07:49 PM
    But he probably means for apps.because we all know of the speed dial built in. At least those apps that don't allready have a hot key.

Hey I'll try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 08:06 PM
    wow~seems cool

but how can i email you without an add?
    01-13-10 08:46 PM
    wow~seems cool

but how can i email you without an add?
    Same question...
    01-13-10 08:47 PM
    Sounds great, I am glad to have a try of this HotKeyManager, thanks for your good news
    Last edited by Caelian; 01-15-10 at 03:02 AM.
    01-15-10 03:00 AM
    Sorry, I forgot to add my contact infor, here is my email: tinagreat88(at)gmail.com. I am a beta tester for HotkeyManager, with a couple of free licenses for testing purpose. Let me know if you are intersted in testing this app with me.
    Thanks a lot for sending me the activation key. I have downloaded and installed HotkeyManager to my BB curve 8900. It works great! As compared to QuickLaunch, it runs much quickly and smoothly. I think it may be due to HotkeyManager is much a light-weigth app as compared with QL.

Currently I have only found one problem. The 'Q' shortcut for self-launch is very convenient when using HotkeyManager. But in BB's new OS 5.0, the Q button is taken defaultly by RIM's ICQ application. So I find the Q shortcut does not work any more on the new OS. So is there a way to fix this?

I like this app, it seems to be very handy and useful. I will report more after my further testing. Again thank you for introducing it and the free activation key
    01-16-10 08:18 PM
    Thanks a lot for sending me the activation key. I have downloaded and installed HotkeyManager to my BB curve 8900. It works great! As compared to QuickLaunch, it runs much quickly and smoothly. I think it may be due to HotkeyManager is much a light-weigth app as compared with QL.

Currently I have only found one problem. The 'Q' shortcut for self-launch is very convenient when using HotkeyManager. But in BB's new OS 5.0, the Q button is taken defaultly by RIM's ICQ application. So I find the Q shortcut does not work any more on the new OS. So is there a way to fix this?

I like this app, it seems to be very handy and useful. I will report more after my further testing. Again thank you for introducing it and the free activation key
    Lol....,Thanks for your advices, as a tester, I have proceeded your question to their tech team. Maybe they will find a solution soon. Anyway, anyone has some suggestion? please leave them here.
    Last edited by offsamwhin213; 01-18-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: edit
    01-18-10 09:35 PM
    @OP: Have you gotten my most recent email? You emailed me at 2 in the morning and I answered back when I woke up. Thanks

Edit: Just got the app and it works great and here are my first impressions.

The Q hotkey allows incredibly easy access to the app and opens quite quickly as well. Upon settings a hotkey, I realized there's no way to "back" out of your hotkey. In other words, once you click on an app, you're required to set a hotkey. You can not exit it out or it'll tell you to set a key for whatever you've chosen. So that means if you accidentally click an app you don't intend on using, it's stuck there until you "waste" a key. I have so far clicked on two accidental apps and was forced to set a key for them. Other than that, everything is working properly as of right now.

Edit 2: Ok, so you can cancel out of a hotkey but still, once you SET a key to something and change your mind, there's no way to erase that hotkey. You can click on something and hit cancel but that is assuming you have not yet set a hotkey. So be careful with this.
    Last edited by dx169; 01-18-10 at 11:13 PM.
    01-18-10 11:00 PM
    @OP: Have you gotten my most recent email? You emailed me at 2 in the morning and I answered back when I woke up. Thanks

Edit: Just got the app and it works great and here are my first impressions.

The Q hotkey allows incredibly easy access to the app and opens quite quickly as well. Upon settings a hotkey, I realized there's no way to "back" out of your hotkey. In other words, once you click on an app, you're required to set a hotkey. You can not exit it out or it'll tell you to set a key for whatever you've chosen. So that means if you accidentally click an app you don't intend on using, it's stuck there until you "waste" a key. I have so far clicked on two accidental apps and was forced to set a key for them. Other than that, everything is working properly as of right now.

Edit 2: Ok, so you can cancel out of a hotkey but still, once you SET a key to something and change your mind, there's no way to erase that hotkey. You can click on something and hit cancel but that is assuming you have not yet set a hotkey. So be careful with this.
    I agree with your point. I am not familiar with the 'One click to set hotkey' at first. But when I keep using it, I find it is very convenient indeed. If I set some hotkeys by mistake, I can modify it or delete it from the list. I find the 'Edit app' and 'Delete App' options in the main menu.

My advice:
    1. Add a confirm window after user sets hotkey for an app
    2. Change the self-launch hotkey to another character other than 'Q', because it is taken by my built-in ICQ
    01-20-10 03:52 AM
    Lol....,Thanks for your advices, as a tester, I have proceeded your question to their tech team. Maybe they will find a solution soon. Anyway, anyone has some suggestion? please leave them here.
    Hi, could you send me a key for testing purpose? Or does HotkeyManager support BB 9700? Thank you.
    01-20-10 03:58 AM
    I agree with your point. I am not familiar with the 'One click to set hotkey' at first. But when I keep using it, I find it is very convenient indeed. If I set some hotkeys by mistake, I can modify it or delete it from the list. I find the 'Edit app' and 'Delete App' options in the main menu.

My advice:
    1. Add a confirm window after user sets hotkey for an app
    2. Change the self-launch hotkey to another character other than 'Q', because it is taken by my built-in ICQ
    Your menu has a delete option? Mine does not. Oo
    01-20-10 09:11 AM
    Hi, could you send me a key for testing purpose? Or does HotkeyManager support BB 9700? Thank you.
    Sure, I can do it for you. Please send to me an email saying that you need HotkeyManager. you can find my email adress in the post. BTW HotkeyManager fully support BB 9700.
    01-20-10 08:46 PM
    Another suggestion, support for setting a hotkey to open a BBM group would be nice as well as being able to open folders.
    01-20-10 08:57 PM
    not working here
    I use 8320 with the latest OS (.182) and I can't launch my newly created hotkey.
    for example, I set the Facebook app to 'z' and it still don't do anything.
    i already set permissions to allow, even do 2 battery pulls..
    01-21-10 12:02 AM
    You have to open the HotKeyManager (Q) then click the button for your hotkey.
    01-21-10 12:33 AM
    not working here
    I use 8320 with the latest OS (.182) and I can't launch my newly created hotkey.
    for example, I set the Facebook app to 'z' and it still don't do anything.
    i already set permissions to allow, even do 2 battery pulls..
    Hi, Thanks for your information, hummm.....Just now i have proceed this issue to their team, hope this will be solved soon, I will report later.
    01-21-10 12:46 AM
    Sent you an email
    01-21-10 12:47 AM
    Your menu has a delete option? Mine does not. Oo
    Yes, there are delete and edit options, just select an app hotkey and click the menu button. Check the attached screenshot
    01-21-10 02:08 AM
    You have to open the HotKeyManager (Q) then click the button for your hotkey.
    then this is not a single keystroke hotkey app?

another suggestion to developer, support for multi keystroke like alt+whatever
    01-21-10 02:45 AM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD