Okay so i have the BB storm & when i upgraded the App it disappeared, i am aware that others have posted about this and all but my question is this- some say that the older version works, is there any way to get this sent to your phone due to the fact that i do not have a USB cord to hook the phone up to the PC. Also,i went online from my phone and downloaded and reinstalled it,everything. This is so frustrating!!!
    04-26-11 05:31 PM
    First, did you reboot after installing the new version?
    If you are looking to do an OTA install, point your phone's browser to "http://blackberry.com/appworld", and it should pick it up.
    04-26-11 06:09 PM
    I did reboot. I have also taken out the battery several times and even went and did the uninstall and reinstalled it-nothing. i'm sorry but what is OTA? So i just go to that website from my phone?
    04-26-11 06:43 PM
    When you say you upgraded the app, do you mean app world itself?

I had that happen once, but it reappeared on it's own after about 10 minutes or so. I think it was reindexing the applications I had installed, and wouldn't properly initialize (install) until it was finished.
    04-26-11 07:26 PM
    I did reboot. I have also taken out the battery several times and even went and did the uninstall and reinstalled it-nothing. i'm sorry but what is OTA? So i just go to that website from my phone?
    OTA is "Over The Air", so just downloading directly to your phone, not through Desktop Manager and thus no USB cable required.

When you hit that link, it should give you a "download it now button". If it takes you into appworld, then the installation is in some funky state where it is installed, but there just isn't an icon anywhere, and you'll have to remove the app from the applications list (Options->Applications choose add-on, then select "blackberry app world", then hit the red X to delete), reboot, and hit the link over again.
    04-26-11 08:25 PM
    I did all that. went in and deleted it from the app menu and then took my battery out and when i turned it back on i went to the page to re-install/download it-says its downloaded but no icon is showing, i even tried to see if i hid it by accident but i didn't.
    04-26-11 08:33 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    04-27-11 01:42 AM
    yes i did several times...
    04-27-11 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD