08-02-09 09:51 PM
41 12
tools
    This app is now available on Mobihand here. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
    07-05-09 11:41 AM
    might i suggest a button to start/stop the cycle. for use when you are in low coverage areas or battery is already low and you are out side of the the preset time frame.

if you went out for the night and were in a club or some thing.
    07-05-09 12:49 PM
    That's not a bad idea bionic. I will keep that in mind for the next version.
    07-05-09 04:10 PM
    I would do 2.99 for an app like this, but no more. =)

Oh. wait. Does it work on the Hybrid the newest one?
    07-06-09 12:30 AM
    Yeah I even went as far as buying a spare battery so idk about this app but good idea I'm sure many will find it useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 12:54 AM
    I have named the application "Radio Cycle" and settled on 2.99 usd for the price so I can sell for the same price in App World in the future. I have just checked and it is now showing up in searches on MobiHand, which means it is also available through the CrackBerry store and the on device stores. I have also created a website for the product (Hamboni Productions Home) that includes a contact form and a forum. I will also continue monitoring this thread so please let me know what you think. Thanks to everyone!
    07-06-09 09:13 AM
    I would do 2.99 for an app like this, but no more. =)

Oh. wait. Does it work on the Hybrid the newest one?
    What "Hybrid" are your inquiring about exactly?
    07-06-09 08:48 PM
    I am in the process of buying it now.
    One use is at night when I like to read ebooks or play games when you are trying to settle a 3 month old baby to sleep.

Having a function to switch off the radio in the evening hours makes it easier than trying to switch over to "quiet" or "vibrate" and so on.
    07-07-09 02:00 AM
    I have named the application and settled on 2.99 usd for the price so I can sell for the same price in App World in the future. I have just checked and it is now showing up in searches on MobiHand, which means it is also available through the CrackBerry store and the on device stores. I have also created a website for the product that includes a contact form and a forum. I will also continue monitoring this thread so please let me know what you think. Thanks to everyone!
    I've purchased this for my wifes BB Pearl (she's stuck in the middle floor in a middle office so her battery is dead within hours). Operation seems to be hit or miss... I seem to need to manually cycle the radio off if the BB reboots, in order to get R.C. to work, and the "radio on" period seems to vary during the course of the day (sometimes the radio is off for 30 mins before being on for 10, othertimes it seems like it is off for 60 or more mins before being on for 10). So far it doesn't seem to be conserving battery, but we've only had it a couple of days.

Admsteck, I like the idea, but can you post (here or on your website) some of the technical details behind the program so we can get an idea how it operates. That way we (i) can get an idea if there is a "bug" or a "feature".

Also, you might want to consider allowing for certain days of week (perhaps tick boxes) for this to function; for example my wife is in an external office on T/Th, so the radio could stay on all day those days.

Thanks for your efforts!

07-08-09 12:56 PM
    muphy_mj,
    Thank you for the comments and suggestions. I have become aware of a few bugs and inconsistencies since release and I have been working on releasing updates. I will post the details of the updates on the website. One item I am working on is the consistency of the cycle. The current version starts with the radio on which I will be changing to off. It seems to make more sense that the radio should turn off at the "start" time.
    The current method for handling calls and the holster will cause the time at which the radio turns off or on to vary as well. While you are in a phone call or the phone is out of the holster (when set to run only in the holster) the minute counter is paused. If you are on the phone for 10 minutes the off and on times will be pushed back by 10 minutes.
    In any event I will be working on the website to include more details for usage as well as a release notes section. I will also try to clarify the wording in the settings to make them more intuitive.
    07-13-09 05:13 PM
    The latest version (1.0.1.0) includes some updated wording on the settings page and a few bug fixes. Does the wording make more sense? Is anyone still having trouble with this version? I have also added release notes and usage instructions on the product website (Radio Cycle - Saves your BlackBerry battery when reception is poor). Your feedback is truly appreciated and is a tremendous help when making improvements. Thank you all again for your interest and support.
    07-17-09 06:35 PM
    I'm hoping this is a case of no news is good news. Is anyone still having problems with the latest version?
    07-31-09 05:36 PM
    Hei man!
    I asked you if possible to have a beta to make a review on our site...but i hadn't no answer. However i've buyed your app on mobihand.
    If works good here in italy i will write an article about your app. For any question or information search me on twitter or send a DM.
    Twitter = nirvanastarr

Best regards,
    Andrea

07-31-09 07:13 PM
    I'm hoping this is a case of no news is good news. Is anyone still having problems with the latest version?
    Email sent to support addy. Look forward to reply.
    08-02-09 08:09 PM
    Reply has been sent. Please let me know if you have any more problems. Thanks.
    08-02-09 09:45 PM
    wow man this app of yours looks clean. I normally lose service in my apartment (it really sucks I know, but i'm in college) so I always have my charger with me. I'd pay 2-3 dollars for it just because it's convenient.
    08-02-09 09:51 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD