43 12
tools
    I will try getting rid of the theme but I don't believe it's going to help
    i think so

ive used themes before

before theme = 40-45mb steady
    after theme = 40-45 > 30-35 > 20-25 > 10-15 > etc
    06-28-09 10:23 PM
    That's quite a few apps the memory leak isn't a surprise it happens a lot I have quite a few apps as well. I try to close as many apps as I can.
    06-28-09 10:26 PM
    Deleted and booted up at 24.1mb. I won't post until I see it drop to 12 or under. Give me a few mins lol..
    06-28-09 10:27 PM
    i wish i could remember who it was that first pushed this idea! i wasn't but 2 or 3 weeks ago and i can't even remember what subforum it was in!

and yes it is VERY time consuming so don't do it unless you are satisfied with your OS, because it'll make you never want to change again lol

esp the first time it will take forever while you get used to the best way to load them back on manually, but i can do the whole process now in 2-3 hrs.
    I believe it was Patches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:02 PM
    I'm sure it was patches. Here's the first thread I saw about it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    06-28-09 11:10 PM
    THANK YOU GUYS!

i thought it was title resolved memory something, but i couldn't find it in the search and eventually gave up, that link is it exaclty!
    06-28-09 11:15 PM
    hmm i have way more apps than you and my memory is doing fine

you need to eliminate known memory leakers (sorry cant tell you which ones)
    06-29-09 12:14 AM
    I'm thinking Y fan or scoremobile. It sucks cause I use both a lot plus I had to pay for Y fan. My memory is still all over the place but it hasn't dropped under 10mb yet.

06-29-09 12:25 AM
    Posted in wrong forum, sorry guys.
    Last edited by iceblackberry; 06-29-09 at 03:03 AM.
    06-29-09 03:01 AM
    Of course since deleting the theme the memory tas been a tad but better. When are we going to get a theme that doesn't kill the app memory!

06-29-09 01:43 PM
    Of course since deleting the theme the memory tas been a tad but better. When are we going to get a theme that doesn't kill the app memory!

lol told ya

neways, themes have always had mem leaks, it just how it goes i guess, lets just hope plazmic finds a way to get rid of the leaks
    06-29-09 01:46 PM
    thanks for this thread
    06-29-09 02:27 PM
    i still am of the mind that it isn't the theme as much as ppl think...

i have 6 themes installed on my phone as we speak, and it does not matter which one i run i stay between 20-30 MB app memory with no lag

i also run 40 apps (counted the other day) with 4-6 running in the background at all times

it is much more to do with files that get corrupted over time, and the only fix to this is to take the time to install it over...

it's all whether spending 4-5 hours doing so is worth it to you to have a phone that works like it should

if you want to do it right, take the steps i posted above or follow the link to patches method for more info if you want.
    06-29-09 05:19 PM
    i still am of the mind that it isn't the theme as much as ppl think...

i have 6 themes installed on my phone as we speak, and it does not matter which one i run i stay between 20-30 MB app memory with no lag

i also run 40 apps (counted the other day) with 4-6 running in the background at all times

it is much more to do with files that get corrupted over time, and the only fix to this is to take the time to install it over...

it's all whether spending 4-5 hours doing so is worth it to you to have a phone that works like it should

if you want to do it right, take the steps i posted above or follow the link to patches method for more info if you want.
    Wiping and installing is not the end all. It helps. Been doing it for awhile, and there are still leakers out there. Almost every theme except for the stock Zen has some issues. maybe minor, but more then the Zen. The best way to find a leaker is what has been stated before, delete and re-install 1 at a time.
    06-29-09 05:34 PM
    How do you check for memory leaks I just got the storm about a week ago and today I had to do two battery pulls.
    06-29-09 11:02 PM
    Man....i keep seeing on this forum people with 40-45MB of memory and they run WAY more apps than me lol I think the highest I've seen is 29.9 lol...am I doing something wrong or does it depend what storm you have (ie mine is from Telus, i think most of the 40+MBers i've seen are south of the border?)
    07-22-09 08:20 AM
    Mine was made in mexico. Still have the same apps basically. Sitting around 30mb all the time now since updating to .151

07-22-09 08:34 AM
    I have not really installed anything new recently so I am even more confused!

Theme - BBamp Red

3rd Party Apps

Facebook
    Myspace

Storm Slider
    Simple Weather
    Pandora
    Slacker
    AP News
    ScoreMobile
    Y! Fan
    SocialScope Lite
    Google Maps
    Instango
    Bolt
    QuickPull
    Amazon
    Where
    Aerize Alerts
    LifeinPocket
    Visual Arts

Games
    Freddy Falling
    Wrath
    Speed
    Storm Yahtzee
    Space Travel
    Sky Climer
    Parking Lot
    Shake on it!
    Storm Simon
    Memory
    Flight Path
    Connect Four
    Brick Breaker Revolution
    StormBingo.

App memory is going all over the place.

Boot up is 24mb. I check about 5 mins later and its down to 10. It then goes down to 2mb. Just made this post and now its back up to 12. How the **** is this possible? Just checked again and its at 5.4mb! When it hits under 3 the phone is very sluggish.

what bolded especially the myspace app is what taking your memory up.
    07-22-09 09:32 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD