I was moving around my app icons and when I moved my browser icon, it disapeared. Same with my google icon. I can't seem to find them. Any ideas on how to get them back? Thanks for helping a lowley noob!
    10-22-08 09:29 AM
    On the main screen hit the menu button then Show All.

See it it's one of the grayed out hidden icons.

If so then hover over the icon hit menu then Hide.

This will make the icon reappear in color.

If that doesn't work then try a battery pull.

let me know what happens.
    10-22-08 09:35 AM
    did you just move them or did you accidently hit the hide button?
    try clicking on your menu button and selecting show all. that's the only idea I can come up with.
    10-22-08 09:36 AM
    They're not greyed out... They're gone.
    This is exactly what I did: I highlighted the browser icon on the app screen. I hit "move" on the menu screen. I moved the icon to the top row and clicked the ball. Poof... Gone. Same with google...

I really appreciate the help guys, thanks!
    10-22-08 11:04 AM
    Sounds like they went into a folder or something.. they will still be there, they wont just *go away* by moving them... youve hidden them in some other folder
    10-22-08 11:08 AM
    Sounds like they went into a folder or something.. they will still be there, they wont just *go away* by moving them... youve hidden them in some other folder
    That's what I think too. Try changing your theme to force all the icons to appear.

Also check Status > Advanced Options > Applications for Google Maps. I don't think you can accidentily delete the browser, since the option doesn't come up when you highlight it in the application list.
    10-22-08 11:24 AM
    Yes! They were inside another app.

Thanks so much!!! You guys are the best! I'm so glad I signed up here.
    10-22-08 11:44 AM
    Glad you got it working.... welcome to CB
    10-22-08 12:05 PM
    dang i still cany figure that out i lost my alarm clock icon and cant figure out the folder thing been trying for like a week
    10-23-08 07:50 PM
    Thanks for ur help! That was ez.
    02-24-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD