Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hey there. After much thought over the past month (and trips to Crackberry), I'm replacing my Iphone 3g with the Torch (ordered on Rogers today), and am very excited to re-enter the BB world after a 3 year hiatus.

I'd like to leverage the phenomenal expertise here on Crackberry, so if you could please recommend the best Accessories and Apps to order based on your experience.

Cheers
    09-30-10 04:09 PM
    Today my charger from the Crack Store arrived ! A must have !!!!

As far as apps ..... I have Berry Weather , Pandora , a Red Sox app , Google , Crack Berry and Poynt !! I use this almost daily .

06 with .246 is superb for me !
    09-30-10 05:01 PM
    9800/6.0.0.225

Only app I have is poynt
    Its fantastic

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 07:41 PM
    Torch felt quite slippery to me, so my only essentials were:
    1. Otterbox case. Lot of info in the Accessories forum on this.
    2. eGrips adhesive silicone backer. I've managed to drop it a couple times even with OB. Every time I placed it on a stack of stuff to carry it would slide off. eGrips help me hold it in my hand, or stay on the console, seat, or dash of a vehicle without sliding off. If you buy, get the large sheet and cut it to fit the back of the device.
    3. Best Buy Platinum Bold 9000 clip holster. After toughing it out for a month I gave up trying to dig it out of my pockets. As far as I am aware this is the only clip holster to fit the OB case. And if you relocate the magnet you get the added benefit of sleep function. Throw the case away that is included and just use the clip.

Not big on apps, mainly because there aren't yet a lot of good ones for OS6. Lot of people love Poynt, but I haven't been able to get the maps to work for turn by turn directions. I use ATT Navigator (it's a company phone and so far no one has stopped my subscription!). The Weather Channel app is really good. Have Pandora, but I don't like earphones in my house (WiFi access), so it's kinda silly to rely on the puny phone speaker.
    09-30-10 08:02 PM
    I have collected several aps over the last 6 weeks, but the ones I find myself using the most are:
    Capture IT
    Berry Weather
    Yesterberry
    Mobile Checkbook
    BN eReader
    Neelam (scientific calculator)

Last edited by Goldfinch; 10-01-10 at 05:52 AM.
    09-30-10 09:53 PM
    accessories wise i have the igrip, bodygaurdz invisible skin protector, and as for apps pattern lock so far
    09-30-10 11:10 PM
    Torch felt quite slippery to me, so my only essentials were:
    1. Otterbox case. Lot of info in the Accessories forum on this.
    2. eGrips adhesive silicone backer. I've managed to drop it a couple times even with OB. Every time I placed it on a stack of stuff to carry it would slide off. eGrips help me hold it in my hand, or stay on the console, seat, or dash of a vehicle without sliding off. If you buy, get the large sheet and cut it to fit the back of the device.
    3. Best Buy Platinum Bold 9000 clip holster. After toughing it out for a month I gave up trying to dig it out of my pockets. As far as I am aware this is the only clip holster to fit the OB case. And if you relocate the magnet you get the added benefit of sleep function. Throw the case away that is included and just use the clip.

Not big on apps, mainly because there aren't yet a lot of good ones for OS6. Lot of people love Poynt, but I haven't been able to get the maps to work for turn by turn directions. I use ATT Navigator (it's a company phone and so far no one has stopped my subscription!). The Weather Channel app is really good. Have Pandora, but I don't like earphones in my house (WiFi access), so it's kinda silly to rely on the puny phone speaker.
    I just purchased that case combination and have to second it. As far as apps go, I constantly use google maps, MLB at bat 2010, evernote, and weatherbug. and the clock.
    09-30-10 11:16 PM
    as for a case/shield:

I was using the blackberry holster but now just have a zagg shield and it works great for me.

as for apps here r my most used:

ScoreMobile (Great for all sports)
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Berryweather (there is a free version and paid version, both r way better than the others in terms of gui in my opinion)
    Pandora
    Ebay
    Movies (Flixter)
    Uverse (DVR for AT&T)
    TripIt (Trip Organizer)
    Personal Assistant (Brings all your bank/credit/brokerage accounts in one place)
    Google Voice
    QuickPull
    OpenTable (Makes dinner reservations use it all the time works great)
    Mobile Bartender
    AP News (Gives the most news, kind of like google news with different catagories very easy to use gui)
    PatternLock (used to lock my phone so i don't accidently press the unlock button while in my pocket)
    10-01-10 12:57 PM
    I bought a 9700 leather holster for mine. works perfect.
    10-01-10 01:49 PM
    as for a case/shield:

I was using the blackberry holster but now just have a zagg shield and it works great for me.
    I second the Zagg shield
    10-12-10 02:52 PM
    I am loving my torch and find the following things must haves:

Charging cradle

Poynt
    Flash on....flashlight app
    Six Tools.... Amazing app..gives 2 extra quicklaunch buttons
    And many other usefull tools
    Google sync
    Scoremobile
    Google maps... Way better than BB maps
    Weather network app... Works great on torch
    Pattern lock....keeps phone from doing mysterious things
    While in my pocket
    Various quote and trading apps

Just a note that six tools is indispensible. Check it out.

10-12-10 05:22 PM
    Apps Iim running on my Torch is;
    Capture it
    The weather channel
    Blackstar gps
    Bejeweled
    Espn

I have a otterbox case and BT headset

10-12-10 05:43 PM
    I have the oem leather case (with belt clip), a screen protector, leather sleeve, iGrip car dock, and desktop dock.

As for software, I use the following the most:
    Garmin gps (expensive, but by far the best gps for blackberry)
    Poynt
    BeeReader (Google feeds reader, great when on the subway with no data connection)
    WiFi File Transfer (connect to your bb over wifi from ANY pc on the same network)
    FlyCast (fav music streaming app)
    ScoreMobile
    LeaveItOn (email preview in any app, and keeps my bb screen on when in a dock)
    DropBox
    RepliGo Reader (good pdf reader)
    BerryWeather (best weather app)
    Endomondo (Great for keeping track of your workouts. Cycling in my case)

As for games, I play Jumper and Labyrinth. They both use the Torches Accelerometer.

10-12-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD