I've been messing around with the Twitter app for a few days now. Its good, but not good enough to make me leave UberTwitter.
    Here are a few features that I hope they implement in the final release.

1. Friend Picker: Ability to tag a user in your tweets without typing out their names.
    (Ex: Hey, @MikeBoodoo just made a thread with some must have features on @Crackberry) -I think this is very much needed.

2. Location Mapping. Its not a must, but it would certainly be a nice OPTIONAL feature.

3. It would be nice to see which Twitter client people are posting from in the timeline without having to open up their profile.

4. When you get a mention/reply, it should stand out in your timeline. Highlight it or something so that it catches my eye. I don't want to depend on the notification every time.

5. Better Options:

a) I don't like the "Notify on New Tweets" option. I noticed that this option has to be checked in order for the app to notify you of a Mention or Direct Message. I don't want my LED lighting up for every single tweet.

b) More Refresh options. 5 shouldn't be the lowest number. Why not go as low as 1 minute?

c) Change the fonts and font sizes.

6. Location Mapping. Its not a must, but it would certainly be a nice OPTIONAL feature.

7. Better Profile sound notification options.

8. Implement TwitLonger so that we could add more characters and not have to click on links to read a full tweet.

9. Retweet Editing.

10. Public Timeline.

11. List Support and management.

12. Profile Editing.

13. Better pic viewing. Some photos don't show up and you have to click the link to open it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to comment and throw in which features you'd like to see and I'll add to the list.
    I'm not saying this list will actually make a difference, but its still nice to see what the users expect from RIM.

Also, if I mentioned something above that is already in the app, please let me know.
    Thanx
    Last edited by lpstreetsoldierm; 02-17-10 at 09:41 PM.
    02-17-10 03:20 PM
    Agreed. They need to add these features. I liked it at first, but after finding out what things it cant do, I am back to UT and tweetgenius.
    02-17-10 03:39 PM
    I played with the official Twitter client and can't stand it. I reverted back to SocialScope Lite and Yatca.

Yatca I just use for mentions and DM's... Since I like them to go in my messages folder.
    02-17-10 03:47 PM
    I want a Twitter app that syncs read/unread apps like my email does
    02-17-10 03:54 PM
    I played with the official Twitter client and can't stand it. I reverted back to SocialScope Lite and Yatca.

Yatca I just use for mentions and DM's... Since I like them to go in my messages folder.
    Do you like Yacta?
    02-17-10 03:55 PM
    Agreed. They need to add these features. I liked it at first, but after finding out what things it cant do, I am back to UT and tweetgenius.

Same here. I'm sticking with UberTwitter for my main Twitter needs.
    I didn't like RIM's app at all, but I'm getting used to it. We'll see what happens when they finally release it.
    02-17-10 04:07 PM
    I'd also like to be able to edit retweets. The app runs really well on my 8330 and is a good basic twitter app for people like me who aren't hardcore tweeters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 05:06 PM
    I would also like the ability to edit my profile pic and all. I also would like to be able to look at the avatar pics and for it to list how many new tweets you got just to add to the list you started.
    02-17-10 05:49 PM
    Public timeline. Not a must-have by any stretch, but it's one of my "boredom killers"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 06:02 PM
    Re-tweet editing
    Public timeline
    List Support and management
    Profile editing
    Font sizes
    Highlight @mentions
    Show the actual time of a tweet rather than "8 minutes ago"
    Friend picker
    02-17-10 07:47 PM
    I've been messing around with the Twitter app for a few days now. Its good, but not good enough to make me leave UberTwitter.
    Here are a few features that I hope they implement in the final release.

1. Ability to tag a user in your tweets without typing out their names. (Ex: Hey, @MikeBoodoo just made a thread with some must have features on @Crackberry) -I think this is very much needed.

2. Location Mapping. Its not a must, but it would certainly be a nice OPTIONAL feature.

3. It would be nice to see which Twitter client people are posting from in the timeline without having to open up their profile.

4. When you get a mention/reply, it should stand out in your timeline. Highlight it or something so that it catches my eye. I don't want to depend on the notification every time.

5. Better Options:

a) I don't like the "Notify on New Tweets" option. I noticed that this option has to be checked in order for the app to notify you of a Mention or Direct Message. I don't want my LED lighting up for every single tweet.

b) More Refresh options. 5 shouldn't be the lowest number. Why not go as low as 1 minute?

c) Change the fonts and font sizes.

6. Location Mapping. Its not a must, but it would certainly be a nice OPTIONAL feature.

7. Better Profile sound notification options.

8. Implement TwitLonger so that we could add more characters and not have to click on links to read a full tweet.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to comment and throw in which features you'd like to see and I'll add to the list.
    I'm not saying this list will actually make a difference, but its still nice to see what the users expect from RIM.

Also, if I mentioned something above that is already in the app, please let me know.
    Thanx

^^^^^Hit the nail on the head
    02-17-10 08:10 PM
    Updated. I forgot about some of those.
    02-17-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD