Ok... I posted this in the wrong forum before.

As of later today (upon delivery), I will be a new Storm 2 owner (leaving my trusty Curve 8330).

What are the must-have apps that make this bb unique compared to the Curve? I know of all the other apps that are generic to most bbs... I am looking for storm specific apps.

Thanks!!!
    01-25-10 09:10 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. First rule of thumb, search before you post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=25785111

after you have read up on all the apps available, let us know if you have any other questions.
    01-25-10 09:25 AM
    Oh... I have searched through threads filled with apps...

As with my original post... I was asking about Storm Specific apps... Apps that do not work with other blackberries such as curve, etc.
    01-25-10 09:32 AM
    Most all the apps you've used before are going to work on your Storm, but you'll like using them better because of the gigantic screen. Opera Mini 5 beta 2 is a much faster browser that works well with the touch screen. There are also a few games that are more fun on the Storm because of the accelerometer, like the new bowling game that uses the OpenGl code for better 3d graphics. You can find it, as well as others, at shopcrackberry.com.

Enjoy the Storm. Here's a thread you can check out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...a-apps-236712/
    01-25-10 09:35 AM
    Anthing in the storm forum will be for the storm. And the same exact thread has already been started and responded to 20 times already.

Good luck.
    01-25-10 09:36 AM
    Ok... maybe I didn't make it clear earlier... I have searched the threads and found a TON of information on apps to install on blackberrys. But, they are for ALL blackberries.

I am looking for those apps that are specifically for the storm. I have a curve now and have a ton of apps installed. I know what apps I want that are generic for blackberries. Now, I am looking for those apps that set the Storm apart.
    01-25-10 12:18 PM
    I will humor the new guy.

Here are the top three...

1. Quicklaunch
    2. Quicklaunch
    3. yep you guessed it... Quicklaunch
    01-25-10 12:20 PM
    Ok... maybe I didn't make it clear earlier... I have searched the threads and found a TON of information on apps to install on blackberrys. But, they are for ALL blackberries.

I am looking for those apps that are specifically for the storm. I have a curve now and have a ton of apps installed. I know what apps I want that are generic for blackberries. Now, I am looking for those apps that set the Storm apart.
    That's because no developer wants to waste time writing an app that will only run on one phone. Almost all the bb apps run on all the bb phones. There is no secret stash of Storm only apps...at least, none that I can tell you about.
    01-25-10 12:31 PM
    That's because no developer wants to waste time writing an app that will only run on one phone. Almost all the bb apps run on all the bb phones. There is no secret stash of Storm only apps...at least, none that I can tell you about.
    Thank you!

I had thought I heard something about a bowling game... that was supposed to be specific or different for the storm.. but I guess not. Grey, I appreciate the info!
    01-25-10 12:55 PM
    All free apps.

Quickpull
    Bluffmycall
    Hippomobile
    Googlemaps
    Zonasnap
    Slacker or Pandora
    Kisses for spyware check
    I'm still waiting on that free voice to text app

Hope this is helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 01:40 AM
    Thank you!

I had thought I heard something about a bowling game... that was supposed to be specific or different for the storm.. but I guess not. Grey, I appreciate the info!
    That would be the PBA Bowling app...I know there is one or two threads about it. I have it and love it.
    02-08-10 11:06 AM
    Thank you!

The bowling game you heard about (I think) was probably PBA Bowling, which was the first game to use Open GL. The Storm 2 (and one other device I believe, but cannot recall which one, so I'll say "is one of the very few that" supports OpenGL. I have the game and it's really quite good!

After that, it's really all a personal choice. I did not feel compelled to get Quick Launch until just last week (after two years of Stormin' it). I use a them called "AppleBerry" (available here on CB...there's a HUGE thread about it) which provides me with four icons across the bottom of the screen plus a fifth icon that is a stack which, when touched, reveals five more icons, PLUS a weather slot. It's all very clean, very neat and I did not feel compelled to access even more apps that quickly. But, pressure on me to try it grew and I did last week. It is pretty neat and so now, there's pretty much nothing on my device that I cannot access from the home screen.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 02-08-10 at 11:50 AM.
    02-08-10 11:46 AM
    enjoy your storm!
    02-08-10 01:50 PM
    Labyrinth if you want to go crazy. It's the old marble maze that uses the accelerometer.
    02-08-10 02:39 PM
    If you like cards the texas holdem is good. I also like the tetris game that came with my storm 2. I'll give the bowling game a try. I think that its wack that there arent many games taking advantage of the openGL... whatever happened to the need for speed game that we saw previews to.
    02-08-10 05:50 PM
    Storm slider and pattern lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 12:12 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. First rule of thumb, search before you post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=25785111

after you have read up on all the apps available, let us know if you have any other questions.
    Welcom to CrackBerry...first rule of thumb ask away my friend, it's a forum not a database.

Dont really have any Storm specific apps...just the good ones
    -Pandora is awesome and free
    -Quickpull is great for keeping the phone running like a top
    -Urban Spoon is a fun food finder
    -PBA is kinda cool....graphics could be better
    -BlackBerry Messenger
    -Weather Eye is good

give them a shot...most are free. and yes you can search but wasnt this so much easier... welcome to the site
    02-09-10 07:47 AM
    I would load one at a time and use it for a few days if you want to keep things stable, hard I know. OK here are my favorites so far:

Where - Use this for Yellow pages, weather, movies, and other location aware uses GPS to locate items near you.

DriveSafely - Reads emails and text messages to you through your bluetooth tells you from, subject and messages up to 25 words for free, can pay to release more features.

Facebook

Pay for Apps below:

LastPass - Password manager AWESOME works on PC, MAC, Linux for free, pay $12 a year to use it with BlackBerry and other devices totally worth it.

Beiks Bible reader $20 use free ASV version loads the bible on SD card YouVersion has a free one but you need a data connection to use.

PodTrapper $10 using 30 day trial but looks like I will be buying it. If you listen to podcasts well worth it, and the author answers your questions.

SugarSync OK this was a service I used to keep my Work PC and Home MAC in sync and backed up but it does much more you can access all documents that are synced using your BlackBerry also if you delete a file it is archived in Web Archive that has saved me a few times. http://www.sugarsync.com check it out they have a 2 GB free version then it starts out at $50 a year for more space.

That works for me, also if you hold the BlackBerry menu key down for a few seconds it will bring up a task manager or Application Switcher this will show you how many apps are running at once it is good to shut down apps when not in use can help on battery. Yes the BlackBerry multitasks!
    02-09-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD