I've got Pocket Streamer - Which turns your BB into a radio.
    and VR + - Which turns the unit into a full-blown tape digital recorder.

These apps aren't free though. Got them from the Blackberry site / Software / etc.
    Where can I get the pocket streamer and how much does it cost? thanks.
    05-17-08 12:29 PM
    Where can I get the pocket streamer and how much does it cost? thanks.
    Google this and you'll get a lot of hits: Pocket Streamer blackberry

Sounds like it may not let you stream whatever station you want, though.

For the Treo, a program called PocketTunes does a fantastic job of letting you stream whatever feeds you want. I've already sent them an email -- begging them to release a version for the BB.

I hope they do so soon.
    05-17-08 12:40 PM
    I got to have my yellow pages app saves me from calling 411 @ 1.79 each call.
    Have my google.
    Have to have my Crackberry APP
    Facebook
    Nav4All
    05-17-08 01:03 PM
    I got to have my yellow pages app saves me from calling 411 @ 1.79 each call.
    Google's Goog-411 is free and works very well.

details here: 1-800-GOOG-411: Find and connect with local businesses for free from your phone.
    05-17-08 01:10 PM
    Thanks, butcherbird! Just checked out google411 and it's awesome!
    05-17-08 04:17 PM
    Glad you like it. No need to pay for 411 service anymore.
    05-18-08 10:31 AM
    Right now I'm running BB Alert, Color Pearl, miutunes beta, handmark blackjack and of course CB loader. My absolute favorite is Miutunes! All are must haves for me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 10:50 AM
    The espn desktop just makes it faster to get to. I use it along with a tigers desktop launcher.

05-18-08 03:37 PM
    I'm a newbie here, but so far I'd have to recommend midpssh. It's a telnet and SSH client, if you don't know what those are you probably don't need this app but just so you know what you're missing...

With it I can remotely get a command prompt on the various unix servers in work allowing me to monitor/configure/fix/reboot them. I can also access my linux box at home where I've installed a number of console-based applications such as an IRC client, text-only web browser, unit converter, I can even add torrents to my bittorrent client if I want to.

It's not a pretty or flashy app, just (tiny) grey text on a black screen but it's effective and it works.

Only gotcha is it uses TCP, not WAP, my phone didn't have the TCP access points set up by default (Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP, fill in the same details as you'd use for when you use the blackberry as a modem, so in my case the APN is mobile.o2.co.uk (no need for the +CGDCONT=1,"IP" part, just the last bit, not including the speechmarks) and a username/password of o2web/o2web
    Last edited by Lum; 05-19-08 at 06:33 AM.
    05-19-08 06:31 AM
    Black & Whitelist
    SoftReset
    BlackBerryAlerts
    Empower Mail Viewer PRO
    JiveTalk
    05-19-08 10:19 AM
    LOVE:
    opera
    sudoku
    facebook, of course
    jivetalk
    05-19-08 04:17 PM
    I can block a certain number or contact from getting through to me. It sends them straight to my voicemail. It also blocks private numbers from getting through.

do they make this for regular cell phones?????????/
    05-19-08 11:58 PM
    ok so it's viigo OR operamini, not viigo AND operamini right???

because if thats the case then i think i went download happy...now to find that link on how to get rid of stuff
    05-20-08 06:31 AM
    What is the soft reset app and what dose it do?

05-20-08 06:53 AM
    You can reset your BB without pulling the battery.

05-20-08 08:42 AM
    You can reset your BB without pulling the battery.

Google softrest for blackberry...works like a champ!
    05-21-08 11:53 AM
    Can't you just alt shift del ?

05-21-08 12:20 PM
    Yes you can if you have a Qwerty keyboard, SoftReset was designed for the Pearl.

05-21-08 12:25 PM
    I have my service through At&t and I still can't find the blackberry homepage to find the free card games you folks were talking about. ????????
    nate
    05-21-08 01:57 PM
    I just got my Blackberry Pearl 8130 Alltel and am interested in the color ball, I downloaded one and after I paid for it said it was not compatable with my phone...great huh...I see you have a pearl too, which color ball application did you get and is it worth it.

Thanks so much,
    Laurie
    it only works on the 8100s, but if you go to geekandproud.net there's a thing called "ColorPearl" that is completely free. use the OTA download.

also, check it out more (for all BB users) there's AutoLock which gives you the option to have your keyboard lock after a certain time (which is a godsend for me) and SoftReset which makes it possible to reset your phone (like when you take out the battery) without actually having to take out the battery...
    06-08-08 04:52 PM
    I have the Sprint 8330 and on my page it just says Games. When I click it, I get a list of games. There's no choice to click "classic" or "free." Any thoughts?
    12-13-08 09:35 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD