Yeah the Nobex one does not work in my area. So does anyone know if there is an app that does actually listen to the song and then tell you what it is?
    09-08-08 10:16 AM
    Hi, I'm a new BB user, I have the Curve 8330 with Sprint. I'm having trouble --- the download file is a zip file, my phone says it can't handle a zip file. How can I install this?

EDIT - Okay, I've got this downloaded, but it's not what I was looking for. Like the first post I'm looking for a music identifier app. I'm often at a restaurant and a song will come on, it drives me crazy trying to remember the artist and title. I did see that Shazam does it but at 99 cents a hit. My son has Verizon's enV2 and it has a music id, really neat, just what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by RedLT1; 12-21-08 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Looking for what the original post was about..but for my Sprint Curve.
    12-21-08 01:14 AM
    Downloading the Nobex now! Thanks folks in this thread!
    04-11-09 12:23 PM
    K, so I opened this up and starting using it....I was under the impression that I could use this in like a Starbucks if I heard a song I liked I could open this and it would "listen to and identify" the song. It doesn't seem to work that way though--which it seems others in this thread have found as well.

What I'm finding is that you enter a radio station that you listen to in your home town (don't scroll, just start typing your town/city, for instance, scrolling to "Rochester, NY" would've taken forever, just start typing R, then O...etc). Then this app will tell you what's playing on that station currently. BFD IMO.
    04-12-09 11:24 AM
    I'm new, and I have searched the best I could on the matter. I'm trying to find a program to download to my curve. My friend has an iPhone, and we're always trying to "one-up" each other.

Anyway, she has a program that she can hold her phone up, let it "listen" to a song, and it will tell her the name of the song/artist/etc. Is there a program for a curve that would do the same? I don't care if it's free or a pay program.
    http://www.shazam.com/music/web/home.html
    04-12-09 11:32 AM
    Shazam works pretty good. Try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 01:06 PM
    I believe that you can use Shazam for free as long as all you want to do is ID the music. I think that the upgrade to pay is for lyrics, etc.
    04-12-09 02:13 PM
    I believe that you can use Shazam for free as long as all you want to do is ID the music. I think that the upgrade to pay is for lyrics, etc.
    That's not correct.

Shazam on BlackBerry FAQs

What is the limited feature version on Shazam on BlackBerry?
    With the limited feature version of Shazam on BlackBerry you will be able to successfully tag 5 tracks per month, see the list of tags you have made purchase content related to these tracks if you wish.

What does the fully-feature of Shazam on BlackBerry include?
    The feature enhanced version of Shazam on BlackBerry includes:

* Tagging (unlimited)*
    * Tag History
    * Tag Chart
    * More info (editorial, including release history, track and album reviews and biography)
    * Track lyrics (North America only)
    * Search for and buy CDs and other goods on Amazon Anywhere
    * Find Similar tracks and get recommendations
    * Share tag (via SMS, Mail and BlackBerry PIN)

* usage policy applies.

Other features will become available during the first 60 days. Lookout for messages on your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Read up on the FAQ directly from them, might help you make a more informed decision if you want to buy Shazam or just use it here and there.

If you can't find Shazam on Blackberry App World, even after sending yourself an SMS, download it from here or here(for Curve) and just install it Desktop Manager, or if you just don't want to install Blackberry App World.
    04-12-09 02:33 PM
    So how much does Shazam cost? I have been all over their site and cant find the answer.
    Last edited by Dubbin1; 04-12-09 at 03:40 PM.
    04-12-09 03:07 PM
    Oh and is it a one time fee or a monthly thing?

Thanks!!!
    04-12-09 03:42 PM
    I was looking all over for the replacement of my TrackID I had on my Sony and came across this so I figured I'd answer some of the questions since I wanted to know too about Shazam. All this came from their FAQ in case you wanted to know at Shazam

Is Shazam on BlackBerry smartphones free?

All users can try a fully-featured Shazam application free for 60 days. A version of Shazam with limited features and tags will be free at the end of the 60 day promotional period, but there is a one-off fee if you want to keep the full-feature version beyond the promotional period.
    What is the promotional period?

BlackBerry users who download the Shazam on BlackBerry application between 1st of April - 31st of May will be given the option to try out the fully-featured version on a 60 day promotional basis.
    When does the promotional period start?

The 60 day promotional period starts from the date you set up your device with Shazam. Set up needs to occur within the stated period of the offer (1st of April and 31st of May).
    What is the cost of the one-off fee?

If you want to keep and continue to use the full-feature version of Shazam you can pay for it anytime during the promotion, or at the end of the period with a one off fee of US$4.99 or �5 depending on location.
    What is the limited feature version on Shazam on BlackBerry?

With the limited feature version of Shazam on BlackBerry you will be able to successfully tag 5 tracks per month, see the list of tags you have made and purchase these tracks if you wish.
    What does the full-feature of Shazam on BlackBerry include?

The feature enhanced version of Shazam on BlackBerry includes:

* Tagging (unlimited)*
    * Tag History
    * Tag Chart
    * More info (editorial, including release history, track and album reviews and biography)
    * Track lyrics (North America only)
    * Search for and buy CDs and other goods on Amazon Anywhere
    * Find Similar tracks and get recommendations
    * Share tag (via SMS, Mail and BlackBerry PIN)

Other features will become available during the first 60 days. Lookout for messages on your BlackBerry smartphone.

*Usage policy applies. Basically this means you can tag 1000 tracks per month (32 tags per day).
    I tried Shazam and don't want to pay. What are my options?

That's ok. If you would prefer then you can continue Shazaming for free on the limited feature version available at the end of the promotional period. Enjoy.
    How big is the application?

The application file size no bigger than 350 KB.
    What's the detail on the data usage and file size?

* Installed application size is approximately double the application download size. No bigger than 700KB
    * Shazam App Installed uses around 350 KB of local memory as a constant size plus a variable memory use depending of the number of the tags stored
    * Network data usage: 20 KB submitted and 20 KB to 50 KB downloaded per tag
    * Network data usage: under 1 KB submitted and 1 KB to 30 KB downloaded per advert
    * Local memory usage: 10 KB to 40 KB per tag
    05-25-09 08:15 AM

If you can't find Shazam on Blackberry App World, even after sending yourself an SMS, download it from here or here(for Curve) and just install it Desktop Manager, or if you just don't want to install Blackberry App World.
    I have the 8330m and I can't download Shazam even thru Desktop Manager...tells me not for my device...I had it on my 8330, but I lost it last week ughhhhh
    05-25-09 10:22 PM
    Does anyone have an ota link for the curve version? Thanks
    Oh I have sprint and 4.5

05-26-09 10:15 AM
    haven't seen an OTA link but you can easily get through BB App World. I dl'ed it last night and it's pretty awesome. I will probably end up paying the $4.99 after the trial is over. I find myself in the car all the time wondering which song just played so it's very helpful for me.
    05-26-09 02:36 PM
    I had shazamm on my old phone but it got damaged so I replaced it through insurance. When I got the new phone I couldn't find it along with half my other apps on app world so I was hoping someone had a link.

05-26-09 07:53 PM
    How do you install this app onto the blackberry please help?
    09-29-09 11:53 AM
    ok so downloaded the program and then learned that it doesnt have any of the radio stations in my area so im still looking for a sond id app
    Last edited by hesmyloml; 12-28-09 at 02:49 AM.
    12-28-09 02:36 AM
    Hey there, anyone with Shazam working on 8520 with OS 5.0 ?
    02-15-10 06:31 AM
    I have Shazam working on a TOUR with OS 5.x (hybrid).
    02-15-10 08:40 AM
    There is a custom Shazam for different versions of BlackBerry operating system. Handset model is not important; please use BlackBerry > Options > About to find your operating system version.

Shazam for OS 4.2.0:
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam420.jad

Shazam for OS 4.2.1 and 4.2.2
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam421.jad

Shazam for OS 4.3.x and 4.5.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam430.jad

Shazam for OS 4.6.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...460/Shazam.jad

Shazam for OS 4.7.x and 5.x
    http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad

Users are advised to download direct from Shazam or install from App World rather than going to RapidShare or similar sites.

Shazam has a limited mode with no cost, and Shazam may be purchased for a single one-time charge. Please see App World for pricing. Alternatively please see Shazam > Settings > Payment Status for billing options.

Any issues please contact [email protected] or PM me on CrackBerry!
    Last edited by robinShazam; 02-16-10 at 04:58 AM. Reason: tweaked
    02-16-10 04:55 AM
    robinShazam:

Where is the tagged data stored on the BB? Internal Memory or card? I went looking a bit but did not find a shazam folder or similar. Is there anyway to set its location with an option?
    02-16-10 08:27 AM
    robinShazam:

Where is the tagged data stored on the BB? Internal Memory or card? I went looking a bit but did not find a shazam folder or similar. Is there anyway to set its location with an option?
    There is no way to set the location.
    02-16-10 08:41 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD