My wife and I both have Blackberry Pearls and keep our own separate calendars for work etc. However, it would be nice to have a shared calendar in which we can put all our personal/kids activities in.

So far I have thought of these:
    1) When Blackberry Unite! comes out I can use that
    2) Setup an Outlook profile with a shared calendar and both do a one way sync to the device into our own calendars
    3) Now that Google allows sync to calendar, maybe we could both log into the same google calendar and sync with that? But I believe it will sync with your only blackberry calendar so we would probably end up with each others schedules (which would be a mess).

Can anyone provide options?
    12-17-07 01:27 PM
    My wife and I use the google calendar and you can sync it to your bb now...

-db
    12-17-07 03:23 PM
    My wife and I use the google calendar and you can sync it to your bb now...

-db
    Does it sync into your primary blackberry calendar or does the Google calendar info reside in its own calendar?
    12-17-07 03:26 PM
    its on its own...I have to log onto to google calendar which i have bookmarked and everything pops up...

its really kind of nice...

my work schedule is on my bb calendar and my family/life schedule is on google cal.

I can still see both from the blackberry and thats enough for me..
    12-17-07 03:33 PM
    Perfect. Thanks for the help!
    12-17-07 03:35 PM
    no problem...

i use google calendar everyday...

with 2 kids its a must.

-db

p.s. nice avatar
    12-17-07 03:36 PM
    So I recently realized something. There is a problem with Google Sync. At work I use my calendar for work and personal information. I simply tag personal stuff as Private. In the business I am in, there may be 'corporate secret' information provided within a meeting request for example. Then if I use Google Sync (which does not allow you NOT to sync your blackberry calendar to Google) it will upload all this information to google. All I want is for my blackberry to download information from a shared google calendar and not upload all my personal and work information as well. Unfortunately this is a security risk I cannot afford. Call me paranoid, but who's stopping Google from using uploaded calendar information to their advantage. Especially after pulling apart their privacy policy with a fine tooth comb.

Does anyone know of a different solution?
    01-24-08 06:56 PM
    Looks like my solution will ultimately be Blackberry Unite as it offers shared calendars. Now I just have to wait for it to come out!!
    02-05-08 09:33 AM
    Hi! Newbie here with a related question. I did a search, and I wasn't able to come up with a solution....

I have multiple calendars on Google Calendar for personal, work, my teaching calendar, husband's calendar, etc. However, when I sync-ed for the first time just now, it only sync-ed my personal (default) calendar. Is there a way to sync the other calendars too without having to combine them into one calendar on Google?

(I really like the functionality of having separate calendars on Google Calendar where I can turn them on/off and use different colors to differentiate between them. I realize that when it syncs to BB it will be in one calendar there, and that is fine. I just don't want to change my current setup on Google Calendar.)

Thank you in advance for any help/advice with this query.
    03-13-08 06:59 PM
    its on its own...I have to log onto to google calendar which i have bookmarked and everything pops up...

its really kind of nice...

my work schedule is on my bb calendar and my family/life schedule is on google cal.

I can still see both from the blackberry and thats enough for me..
    helo sir,

i have a problem locating the application that i can run from my curve to access google calendar.

the issue is, i need to view my boss calendar from my blackberry. base on my research, this option is not available.

then i bump into this google calendar where you can sync your outlook calendar with it.

so the idea is for me to access her google calendar instead, then i can view her and mine calendar in my blackberry.

please help
    06-27-08 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD