Hi there,

Is there a way to be able to access my other apps when I'm on the phone without hanging up on the person on the other end?

Deb
    08-15-09 06:49 AM
    Hi there,

Is there a way to be able to access my other apps when I'm on the phone without hanging up on the person on the other end?

Deb
    Absolutely, hit the little home icon, then click yes when it says "Do you wish to go to the home screen.." [it says something like that], and from there you can access most apps, especially games. Good for having the phone on speaker when having one of those rather 'boring' late night convos.

Edit: If you have the talk lock app, then just hit clear first, then do the above procedure.
    08-15-09 06:55 AM
    Thanks for the information.
    08-15-09 06:56 AM
    Thanks for the information.
    It's no problem, just want to give back to the Crackberry community a little more than what I have.
    08-15-09 06:59 AM
    Ohhhhhhh, so that's what that "do you wish to go home screen" is for. Turns out this is one of those little things that I made more complicated than it is. Thank you.
    08-15-09 06:59 AM
    Ohhhhhhh, so that's what that "do you wish to go home screen" is for. Turns out this is one of those little things that I made more complicated than it is. Thank you.
    It's no problem.
    Just remember not all apps work while on a call, apps such as the video player and such. But you can view photos if I'm not mistaken..
    08-15-09 07:02 AM
    I was more concerned about accessing things like my calendar. Hard to make a Doc appt when you don't know what's on your calendar and can't chk it because you can't get to it w/o hanging up on them.
    08-15-09 07:07 AM
    I was more concerned about accessing things like my calendar. Hard to make a Doc appt when you don't know what's on your calendar and can't chk it because you can't get to it w/o hanging up on them.
    I'm 99.9% positive that you can access the calender during a call. I usually use the memopad for taking notes during important calls and such.
    08-15-09 07:10 AM
    The home screen and calendar have an icon on the bottom of the call screen :-D
    As well as notes and contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 07:15 AM
    The home screen and calendar have an icon on the bottom of the call screen :-D
    As well as notes and contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I forgot about that, ahaha.
    08-15-09 07:16 AM
    Unless you have a bluetooth or headset of some sort do not do this... It is very rude and when people text while I'm on speaker with them I hang up... Every key click is like a hammer hitting a beam of wood next to your ear... Especially if you have a storm...
    08-15-09 07:22 AM
    Unless you have a bluetooth or headset of some sort do not do this... It is very rude and when people text while I'm on speaker with them I hang up... Every key click is like a hammer hitting a beam of wood next to your ear... Especially if you have a storm...
    I usually use my phone call etiquette and tell the person on the other line: "Hold on one sec, I have a text to respond to that is more important than you"

Now of course I only say that to friends.
    08-15-09 07:23 AM
    I do have a Storm, so thanks for letting me know about this. But I also have a bluetooth headset. Guess I'll have to try to remember this info.
    08-15-09 07:41 AM
    BTW 1: during call, menu > notes (call log, not memo).

BTW 2: re recipient of call hearing keyboard input...really? I wd think not unless key tone is on (see options > screen/keyboard).
    08-15-09 01:08 PM
    BTW 1: during call, menu > notes (call log, not memo).

BTW 2: re recipient of call hearing keyboard input...really? I wd think not unless key tone is on (see options > screen/keyboard).
    It's very loud when you're on the phone with a Storm owner. Louder than a physical keyboard imo.
    08-16-09 12:26 AM
    It's very loud when you're on the phone with a Storm owner. Louder than a physical keyboard imo.
    In test i just did (in speaker mode) other party didn't hear my typing.
    08-16-09 12:38 AM
    In test i just did (in speaker mode) other party didn't hear my typing.
    My ex used to be angry at me everytime texted during a call, try it without speaker mode on.
    08-16-09 01:00 AM
    My ex used to be angry at me every time I texted during a call, try it without speaker mode on.
    Same results. Think it was b/c u stopped participating in conversation.
    08-16-09 01:36 AM
    Same results. Think it was b/c u stopped participating in conversation.
    I asked her if she could hear it, she says yes, maybe your click doesn't register as loud as mine. I'm not sure but other people have said that they can hear it too. That's why I started just using my bluetooth to talk on the phone.
    08-16-09 01:47 AM
    Just called phone w/better reception & my typing was heard faintly...lil more so in speaker mode.
    08-16-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD