I've recently upgraded to the latest .623 hybrid, before that I had the .607. The issue I've always had with Opera even on .328, is, in portrait view I can only get either the multi tap or the full keyboard. I can't get suretype. It'll flash momentarily as if its going to switch to suretype, but then the multitap comes back. Is there a way to change this?
    I've wiped the phone with BBSAK twice and reinstalled the software, but to no avail.
    04-23-10 06:26 PM
    Is there no one out there running Opera on their Storm? And if you are, what keyboard do you use in portrait mode?
    04-25-10 05:01 PM
    I use full keyboard on pretty much everything but I think ypu should send an email to opera about this and see if they can fix it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 06:09 PM
    Well, I'm using Opera on .328 and only get the full keyboard in landscape mode.

In portrait, it seems I only get Multitap when I hit the address bar. Otherwise, again in portrait view, I get SureType (for example, when touching the search bar in Opera or log-on/search bars within web pages).
    04-26-10 02:20 PM
    Well, I'm using Opera on .328 and only get the full keyboard in landscape mode.

In portrait, it seems I only get Multitap when I hit the address bar. Otherwise, again in portrait view, I get SureType (for example, when touching the search bar in Opera or log-on/search bars within web pages).
    This is how Opera works for me also. If I do a Google search, I get Suretype, but if its a website address, I only get multi tap. The only other other choice is full QWERTY, and of course QWERTY in landscape.
    If many folks are having this issue, I'm surprised more have not posted about it.
    04-27-10 08:34 AM
    I do, in fact, see your point. However, it could be that many OM users simply don't see this as an issue. First of all, they would need to have SureType set as their portrait view keyboard in Options>>Screen/Keyboard. If that setting is either on Multitap or Full, then the issue doesn't come into play.

Further, even if set to SureType, those who use landscape view exclusively would probably never notice the portrait view anomaly. Finally, there are probably quite a few OM users for whom the issue is just, well, not an issue; they type web site addresses only infrequently or, in some cases, never.
    04-27-10 03:23 PM
    I do, in fact, see your point. However, it could be that many OM users simply don't see this as an issue. First of all, they would need to have SureType set as their portrait view keyboard in Options>>Screen/Keyboard. If that setting is either on Multitap or Full, then the issue doesn't come into play.

Further, even if set to SureType, those who use landscape view exclusively would probably never notice the portrait view anomaly. Finally, there are probably quite a few OM users for whom the issue is just, well, not an issue; they type web site addresses only infrequently or, in some cases, never.
    I hear ya. Funny thing is, thats Suretype is one of my most favourite feature on my Storm.
    The only times I see multitap are on password fields and OM web addresses. Oh well, just gotta grin and bear it.
    04-28-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD