Wondering if someone could create a flashlight app that uses the light from the camera flash. I work at night and use that a lot. The light is so much better than the current flashlight app. No offense to anyone. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 08:25 PM
    I don't get it. What light does the current app use that is different than the camera flash?

Why don't you just turn the video camera on and click on the space bar? That keeps the flash on. You can use one of the convenience keys as the video camera shortcut and then just space bar.

05-13-09 08:44 PM
    I don't get it. What light does the current app use that is different than the camera flash?
    The apps for sale use a white background on the screen to "light up" what you point it towards... Not very effective.

Why don't you just turn the video camera on and click on the space bar? That keeps the flash on. You can use one of the convenience keys as the video camera shortcut and then just space bar.
    I do this and it works really well...
    05-13-09 08:49 PM
    App developers don't have access to the flash, that's why all the apps use the screen/LED. Just the way it is, still love Extralight though!
    05-13-09 09:29 PM
    App developers don't have access to the flash, that's why all the apps use the screen/LED. Just the way it is, still love Extralight though!
    Correct. The simple solution to quick access to the v camera light is to have the vc set on a convenience key or buy quicklaunch and have the vc set up near the top, with the camera light settings set to auto on

05-13-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD