I have Blackberry OS 5.0 version of MSN Messenger. I use my blackberry MSN quite often.

Today I recieved a message saying I have been logged out of my MSN because there was a simultaneous attempt to log into my account. This means someone is logging into my account as me. However I am the only user of my account.

My computer is malware free as far as I can tell and my password is also not too bad.

Anyway is this some sort of known problem with the Blackberry program or is this a security issue related to myself? Has anyone experienced or heard of this being reported anywhere?

Please Help ~!~!~!~!
    05-07-10 06:23 PM
    I have Blackberry OS 5.0 version of MSN Messenger. I use my blackberry MSN quite often.

Today I recieved a message saying I have been logged out of my MSN because there was a simultaneous attempt to log into my account. This means someone is logging into my account as me. However I am the only user of my account.

My computer is malware free as far as I can tell and my password is also not too bad.

Anyway is this some sort of known problem with the Blackberry program or is this a security issue related to myself? Has anyone experienced or heard of this being reported anywhere?

Please Help ~!~!~!~!
    I doubt it is an issue with your BB or your computer. Since this is a web based account, any computer on the internet can log into it. I would suggest contacting MSN and alerting them to the possible breach and then take the precaution of changing your password associated with the account.
    05-07-10 06:50 PM
    Yes I have but I was wondering if this is a known problem or something to do with my carrier perhaps? I duno.

But I do recall seeing 2 different blackberry IPs for IMAP into my gmail record (is THAT even normal?). So I duno if its a bug or a legit security issue specific to me.
    05-07-10 06:55 PM
    Don't forget to check your computer. Maybe msn is set to start everytime Windows starts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 07:21 PM
    Um, I know that much.

And no, the computer was not on, nor do I save the password or set to auto start on bootup.
    05-07-10 07:30 PM
    The latest version of MSN supports multiple logins. So you can use 2 PC's or more at once to chat and the messages appear in all active copies.

I use IM+ and it is not so friendly so I think I know what is happening. The BB version does not support this and I have noticed it fights with the PC when both are active at once. I get these messages all the time when the PC version is active.

It is normal, log out of the PC MSN if you want them to go away.
    05-07-10 11:08 PM
    I see this too..... I get the logged in somewhere else message occasionally even though all my other computers I own are off. I even tried changing my password and it happened shortly after that again. I never get the message when I'm on it on my desktop however. Makes me think there's some kind of bug somewhere...
    05-08-10 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD