I use a 9700, and want to keep MSN running at all times. So far I have tried Trillian, BeeJive, IM, and the actual MSN app.

I need something that will not completely drain your battery from a full day of keeping the app open all the time - is there one that does this? I am willing to pay for it, unless it's like $40 like IM+

So far, Trillian seems to drain the battery the least, but it just barely scrapes by an entire day (probably would not last with some phone calls and light program usage). BeeJive I think has the best UI, but again drains battery too fast. I can't stand IM Lite's UI and ads, and the MSN app keeps signing me out every few hours for some frustrating reason.

Any help is appreciated!
    06-09-10 02:25 AM
    55 views and no replies?
    06-09-10 04:32 PM
    Any app that is running in the background constantly will drain the battery.
    06-09-10 04:55 PM
    IM+ is great, I use it all the time...
    06-09-10 05:02 PM
    Honestly any app running in the background is going to use battery. To add more flame to the fire instant messenging programs are not only open all the time but almost always connected to the web gathering data and checking if anyone sent you a message.

The equivalent to this would basically be loading a new webpage every 2 minutes on your phone all day, non stop.

If you've been using trillian and its working best, keep using it. Also keep in mind its in a beta stage and battery life could become better and better with each new release. Also keep in mind the more accounts you have tied to trillian (msn, icq, yahoo, facebook) the more accounts it has to check every 2 minutes, thus using more data each time and staying connected a little longer each time it checks. So try and keep only 1 or 2 in use on triallian or im+ .

As a last resort try upgrading your os, some of the newer beta os's seem to have better battery management and may get you through the day better, or check into a hybrid os. I know plenty of people using hybrids (myself included) who absolutely love them and probably won't ever switch back. But that parts up to you.

I hope I was a little informative and helped you out a little bit. If you want some help grabbing a os or hybrid I'd be more then happy to help you hunt one down and walk you through everything, just bbm me

Best of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD