Is anyone using the app, Mr Number which is supposed to work as caller ID? Does it work and how well? Is it more like reverse lookup or true caller ID? Thanks for your replies.
    Mr. Number - Free caller ID and contact backup for mobile phones.
    Last edited by gfran155; 06-18-10 at 11:48 PM.
    06-18-10 10:33 AM
    Anyone? Anyone?
    06-20-10 01:17 AM
    I used Skydeck...the predecessor to Mr Number...and Skydeck worked flawlessly on my Bold 9700. I have since upgraded to the Mr Number...and am having problems. I will post if these are resolved...but for now, my thought is "hold off on downloading Mr Number."
    06-23-10 08:40 PM
    I installed Mr. Number recently on my Storm 9530. So far, I have received only two calls that weren't already in my contact list, but it was able to identify both of them. On the other hand, when I told the program to add these numbers to my contact list, it said it had done so, but they didn't show up in Contacts. So, it is semi-functional. Also, I wish it had a way to go back to unidentified numbers in the call log and look those up. Unfortunately, it only seems to work with new calls that come in after the program was installed.
    07-09-10 02:22 PM
    Well it does what it claims for me, just not the way I would like for it to. It blocks all numbers that I want, but it just does not tell me when it blocks them. I have to go to that app physically and look at who has called. sometimes I forget and it may be two or three days later. So in a nut shell it works.
    07-10-10 08:25 PM
    Everyone,

We had an obscure bug in Mr. Number that was affecting the 9700. We think we've tracked it down and it's fixed in version 3.45 and higher, now available in App World.

@berryloud, you must be confusing us with another app. The current version of Mr. Number for BlackBerry doesn't block numbers at all.
    07-28-10 03:05 PM
    Do you plan on bring back when an unknown number calls it identifies name..etc and automatically adds it to your contact list? I missed that most on skydeck!! If not is there a link to download the older version of skydeck?
    07-28-10 03:47 PM
    Never MIND I found the older version Of skydeck.
    07-28-10 04:19 PM
    luvable31, that never went away!

Just go to the Settings tab and you'll see three options: always add, never add, and always ask me (the default).
    07-29-10 08:34 PM
    What I have noticed is that if I get a call from a blocked #, I start a significant battery drain on my 9700. My berrymeter indicates a drain of 24-36% on my berry. I do a reboot and it's fine. What could be causing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 12:10 PM
    IMHO "crowdsourcing" caller I'd is bull$hit. People have unlisted numbers for a reason. Handing over every number in your address book to a company so they can basically publish it is just wrong.

I'll do as I please with my own privacy, but my friend's, family member's and coworker's privacy is theirs to decide what to do with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 08:00 PM
    .... Also, I wish it had a way to go back to unidentified numbers in the call log and look those up. Unfortunately, it only seems to work with new calls that come in after the program was installed.
    You can go back and lookup previous numbers that called you; bring up your dial list and scroll to any number there and then hit menu and scroll up to "Ask Mr Number"... did this for all my recent numbers and found a few supprises :-)
    02-11-11 02:20 AM
    I downloaded Mr. Number Caller last night (3/11). When I got up this morning I couldn't retrieve my emails. My clock malfunctioned as well. Went to my local Sprint store. They suggested I delete my email account and create it again. Did that, still no email. As soon as I uninstalled Mr. Number Caller everything that was not working corrected itself. Was Mr. Number Caller the problem? I don't know but I won't try it again!
    03-12-11 02:25 PM
    Mr number was the best app i had on my curve ( i kno i need to upgrade) but since this phone has been working koo i see no need atm. anyhow i loved that app been tryin to find a similar version
    08-13-12 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD