Anyone know of a fuel mileage calculator app? Just looking for somthing where I can enter number of liters/ gallons and km or miles traveled when I fill up and get an average millage....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 07:41 AM
    I use My Mile Marker... it's free, keeps track of your mileage, gallons/liters consumed, estimated annual cost, etc.

My Mile Marker
    10-30-08 07:55 AM
    Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

10-30-08 08:04 AM
    You're welcome. I have it set as a favorite and just hit it when I step out to fill up. Only takes a few seconds to enter the data and get your instant Miles/Km per gallon/liter.
    10-30-08 08:08 AM
    I use Fuelly to accomplish the same thing as trucky.

10-30-08 09:43 AM
    BlackBerry Calculator has a unique feature, it will do the conversion between US Miles per Gallon and Metric Liters per 100 Km.

Press the Menu key and select To/From Metric.
    10-30-08 10:09 AM
    Yeah, that fuelly looks really good too. I like that it allows you to view other peoples data as well. I'll probably end up using both... Cause I'm a nerd.
    Thanks again guys.

10-30-08 12:10 PM
    I'm sorry but I can't be the only one sitting here and laughing. So you want an app where you put in miles traveled and gallons you just filled up with? I'm sorry but isn't that called a calculator? Last I checked every phone comes with one. If I'm missing something here I'm very sorry...

10-30-08 02:34 PM
    I'm sorry but I can't be the only one sitting here and laughing. So you want an app where you put in miles traveled and gallons you just filled up with? I'm sorry but isn't that called a calculator? Last I checked every phone comes with one. If I'm missing something here I'm very sorry...
    You're right, the built in calculator can do that quite well. But what a calculator doesn't do that these programs do is keep track of your fuel consumption over time and graph out your mileage trends and keep track of your fuel costs. All helpful to me for maintenance and other things. If you're not interested in any of that then the calculator or just the old noggin is your best choice.
    10-30-08 03:29 PM

C'mon, I already admitted I'm a nerd, what else do want from me? Lol.

I just picked up a new vehicle, so I'm interested in keeping track of this stuff to see how it compares with with my old explorer (mileage couldn't possibly be worse, but I'd like to know how much better it is...). Yes I could do that with a calculator, but that's not nearly as interesting. And being a bit of a math geek, I find stat tracking programs strangly entertaining. Obviously its not for everyone, but someone put some time and effort into these programs. Check out that fuelly.com site. Even if its not somthing your interested in doing yourself, I'm sure you could see how it could be useful....

10-30-08 05:44 PM
    what my gf does, every time she fills up she uses the calculator in her Perl to get the MPGs and she writes the result on her gas receipt. Keeps them in her arm rest...
    11-01-08 10:43 PM
    I understand what your saying, this isn't exactly rocket science, unless maybe your tracking the fuel consumption of your rocket... And no one should need anthing beyond grade 5 math and maybe a calculator to figure it out, but if there's a program or website I can access from my BB that'll keep track of it for me and give me pretty little charts and graphs, that's somthing I'll use. And it just so turns out that fuelly and milemarker do just that.

11-02-08 05:29 AM
    Don't really see the point of a piece of software to do this, pretty simple calculation!
    11-02-08 07:42 AM
    Its not the calculation, its the tracking. If you don't see the point, don't use it.

I don't really see the point of all these kinds of comments after the question has been answered. If you don't have anything constructive to add...

11-02-08 11:27 AM
    Its not the calculation, its the tracking. If you don't see the point, don't use it.

I don't really see the point of all these kinds of comments after the question has been answered. If you don't have anything constructive to add...

If its just for the tracking ya can do that with MemoPad quite easily...
    11-02-08 12:29 PM
    Memo pad doesn't do pretty charts and graphs. Better question is, why the **** do you care? I found what I'm looking for, if its not of interest to you, don't use it.

11-02-08 01:51 PM
    Memo pad doesn't do pretty charts and graphs. Better question is, why the **** do you care? I found what I'm looking for, if its not of interest to you, don't use it.

Dude, lighten up! No sense of humour today?!
    11-02-08 01:58 PM
    None at all.

11-02-08 02:21 PM
    None at all.

Ahhh OK, sorry to hear that! No offence meant anyways...
    11-02-08 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD