Hi guys,

Any suggestions for an alternative mp3 app that also has bluetooth OUTPUT?

Currently using my blackberry Bold 9700 with Motorola HS830 bluetooth device for my motorcycle helmet to listen to MP3's. I noticed that the stanard media player doesnt work with the bluetooth device. I managed to get the MP3's to play on the device with the help of PODTRAPPER - using OUTPUT BLUETOOTH but podtrapper isnt really designed to be a mp3 player so having annoying problems of looping my playlist.

Any suggestions for an alternative MP3 app that also has BLUETOOTH OUTPUT?
    04-21-10 02:28 PM
    I have a midland BT2 headset in my motorbike helmet, and my 9700 connects, and streams music from the standard music player fine over bluetooth.
    04-21-10 02:59 PM
    how did you get your standard music player to play out to the bluetooth device? is there a special option? as I couldnt find one.

only had 2 options, handset and handsfree (which used the main speaker on the phone).
    04-21-10 03:01 PM
    Once you pair it and enable the bluetooth audio receiver the BB knows to automatically do this.

Some programs, like Podtrapper, have a special selection to turn this on.
    04-21-10 03:46 PM
    Also what version of OS are you running on your blackberry?
    04-21-10 04:00 PM
    how did you get your standard music player to play out to the bluetooth device? is there a special option? as I couldnt find one.

only had 2 options, handset and handsfree (which used the main speaker on the phone).
    Blackberry media player won't work unless your headset is A2DP compliant. At least that's been my experience.
    -Tom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 07:36 PM
    A2DP is required to get Bluetooth output for music. This is not a limitation of the BB but on the simple Bluetooth standard.
    04-22-10 07:43 AM
    There is an app listed in the Bluetooth subforum, I think btplay, that can overcome the a2dp standard but it might be limited.
    04-22-10 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD