Hello! Im going to be upgrading to the 9650 from the 8530 soon, and Im worried about the apps I have purchased (BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, so on). I know I cant transfer themes Ive bought, but I do want the apps.
    What will I need to do to move them to the new phone? Thanks in advance!
    10-26-10 01:35 PM
    I'm curious about that as well. Since I may upgrade from the 9000 to the 9780 (whenever it eventually comes out).
    10-26-10 03:03 PM
    From where did you purchase the apps?

Typically, the app store will have an "update PIN" function which will allow the apps to be associated with the new device.
    10-26-10 03:03 PM
    I created an account with Mobihand for BerryBuzz, Meterberry and I think Weatherbug.
    App World goes through DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 04:12 PM
    Well, I have apps from both BBappworld, and Mobihand. Is one easier to update than the other?

10-26-10 09:31 PM
    When you get your new device on your PC go to the site you purchased your apps. Log on and change the PIN on your account. Then scroll down on each app. Click on the app and send an email
    You will receive an email and just download to new device.

Too bad they can't make it easier on us and just transfer over But until they do we have to manually download

10-26-10 09:32 PM
    Use the new device wizard in the desktopm manager when you get your new phone, lots of apps work fine cross device - not all though. That's what the mobihand device switch thing is for

10-27-10 01:16 AM
    Hello! Im going to be upgrading to the 9650 from the 8530 soon, and Im worried about the apps I have purchased (BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, so on). I know I cant transfer themes Ive bought, but I do want the apps.
    What will I need to do to move them to the new phone? Thanks in advance!
    Get ready to wait for the Crackberry/Mobihand people to change your pin. I switched devices and am going on 2 days now and they haven't changed so the PIN is updated for each app.
    11-06-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD