So I recently purchased a memory card/media card whatever it's called so that I could upload full songs on my pearl and not use up all my memory. I was curious...is there a way to move my apps to the memory card too?? because this thing is running rediculously slow it's getting irritating!! especially when I text! I have to give it a while so it can register what I'm inputting. HELP!
    07-04-09 01:32 PM
    No.

Do a search for this topic in the forums.

And do a battery pull.

And make you sure close out of your apps (BB button > Close)
    07-04-09 01:56 PM
    Ok Thanx For Your Help
    07-04-09 02:17 PM
    There is an app that will let you save apps to your memory card. I think its called areize or something? Can't think to clearly cuz its the 4th! But there is an app for what u want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 02:31 PM
    thanks!! i looked it up on google and found it when i typed in "aerize blackberry app" Hopefully it works and my bb will run a little faster
    07-04-09 06:08 PM
    i'm surprised you dont get the option where to install apps to. Is this going to be a feature in OS 5.0 when it comes out in 3 years!!!
    07-04-09 06:26 PM
    It won't do anything to speed up your berry, only free up file free memory. It's the open processes, and the OS version that will effect speed the most.
    07-05-09 01:12 AM
    thanks!! i looked it up on google and found it when i typed in "aerize blackberry app" Hopefully it works and my bb will run a little faster
    There is a downside to this app. You cannot use the applications while they are on the memory card. You would have to transfer them back and forth whenever you want to use them.

As Wolf said, this will not speed up your device though.

Make sure you are closing apps properly by using either the back key or Menu > Close. To check what apps are running, press Alt + Back. There are 5 applications that should be running at all times: Phone, Browser, BBM, Homescreen, and Messages. If there are any other apps running you are going to want to close them out.

Also, what OS are you running? If you are not running the most current, you may want to upgrade. You can find the most recent OS, along with instructions on how to upgrade here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/
    07-06-09 10:44 PM
    Someone did a review of the aerize thing. It came out as a real POS as I rememeber. The company also had (has?) a private forum within CrackBerry but they would not allow any sort of criticism at all. They were deleting negative comments.

What is certain with any app like this is that the more you ask this phone's tiny cpu to do, the slower it will go. Making it sway apps between the main memory and the card is for sure not gonna make it faster.

RIM specifically keep apps off the card for security reasons. This will definitely not be in OS 5. which will not run on the 8100 anyhow.
    07-07-09 01:58 AM
    I downloaded the app and to no surprise (at least not you lol) my bb is running even slower. I tried to delete te aerize app all together and there isn't even an option to delete it!!!! What do I do now??? plz help!

Someone did a review of the aerize thing. It came out as a real POS as I rememeber. The company also had (has?) a private forum within CrackBerry but they would not allow any sort of criticism at all. They were deleting negative comments.

What is certain with any app like this is that the more you ask this phone's tiny cpu to do, the slower it will go. Making it sway apps between the main memory and the card is for sure not gonna make it faster.

RIM specifically keep apps off the card for security reasons. This will definitely not be in OS 5. which will not run on the 8100 anyhow.
    07-09-09 06:58 PM
    I guess it's time to upgrade my OS since I never have...t-mobile kept telling me the newest version was 4.2!!! LIARS lol
    07-09-09 08:22 PM
    I guess it's time to upgrade my OS since I never have...t-mobile kept telling me the newest version was 4.2!!! LIARS lol
    That is their newest official release.

07-09-09 10:50 PM
    Off topic a little...but where did OS 4.5 come from???

That is their newest official release.

07-09-09 10:54 PM
    Off topic a little...but where did OS 4.5 come from???
    It is another carrier's official release. You can still load it on your phone though. Just follow Wolf's guide at the top of the forum.

07-31-09 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD