I am upgrading from a BB-9700 (v5) to a BB-9780 (V6).

I tried and failed to bring over the 3rd party apps.

I first used BBSAK to backup the apps from the old device then used Desktop Manager's Application Loader to restore to the new device. In Application Loader, I used the Browse key to locate the backup files created by BBSAK (V1.5) a few months ago.
    double-clicked "backup.alx" and this message came out " It says "This application is not compatible for your device and cannot be loaded".

My DM version is V5. What can I do?
    Last edited by mis3; 11-14-10 at 09:36 AM.
    11-14-10 09:26 AM
    I though there was some posts when OS6 came out for the 9700 that suggested you just reinstall everything to play it safe. Maybe the error you are getting justifies that approach. Can't you just re-download everything? That's what I always end up doing... doesn't really bother me and I've got maybe 10-20 apps I use.
    11-14-10 09:58 AM
    "This application is not compatible for your device and cannot be loaded".

My DM version is V5. What can I do?
    There is nothing you can do, the apps are not compatible. I found a similar issue when I tried to re-download apps from app world. I was only using 8 but none of them were compatible!
    11-14-10 11:31 AM
    Pretty much all the apps I used on os5 with my 9700 worked on both the leaked os6 on the 9700 and now are working on my 9780.
    Like Fr3lncr says ur jus going to have to manually download each one individually instead of restoring through DM.
    I've only come across on app (my eReaderapp from Kobo) that is not compatible with os6 other than that everything else works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 11:46 AM
    Most my apps were moved via the Switch Device. All but one worked. If it is not compatable you will be out of luck till it is updated. Not to worry as most will work fine.
    11-14-10 02:18 PM
    I have a few apps in the backup. In DM's Application Loader, it did not even ask me which apps I wanted to restore. It gave me the error right after I clicked on "backup.alx".

I noticed that there is a BBSAK V1.82. Should I try this one?
    11-14-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD