I'm going to limit this to paid apps only. After all, why complain about something you haven't even paid for? I try out lots of programs and have come across some real losers. Number one useless program has to be A1C calculator. Having diabetes, I was hoping to find something useful but boy was I mistaken on this one! You plug in your blood sugar reading and it then calculates your A1C reading. I don't need some silly program to tell me my A1C is gonna be high if my blood sugar is high. Lost a few bucks on THAT one!
    So what is your most useless paid program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 10:16 AM
    Wow... not being diabetic and knowing little about managing diabetes, it's still hard for me to dismss the A1C calculator as the most useless paid app for BlackBerry. From my quick review of an article on Wikipedia, it sounds like some patients could use specific data on their A1C levels.

Glycated hemoglobin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also hard to believe you overlooked the myriad of fart apps to name this obscure little app the most useless.

I nominate WorldDialer from s4bb as an app that's not just worthless, but downright evil. The developer knows it bricks the Storm 2 running the latest official OS, but they still sell it without any warning. See the link in my sig for details.
    Last edited by rlmesq; 06-25-10 at 02:16 PM.
    06-25-10 01:05 PM
    Agendus for Blackberry. I loved Agendus on my Sony Clie' PDA. The BB version came out a few months after I switch to BB 2 years ago and I got crossgrade discount. It's worthless on the BB.
    06-25-10 01:14 PM
    Most useless would be EVERY SINGLE memory management app.
    06-25-10 02:32 PM
    LOL +1. Never understood why people get these apps... Guess it makes them sleep better at night?
    06-25-10 02:36 PM
    Wow... not being diabetic and knowing little about managing diabetes, it's still hard for me to dismss the A1C calculator as the most useless paid app for BlackBerry. From my quick review of an article on Wikipedia, it sounds like some patients could use specific data on their A1C levels.

Glycated hemoglobin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also hard to believe you overlooked the myriad of fart apps to name this obscure little app the most useless.

I nominate WorldDialer from s4bb as an app that's not just worthless, but downright evil. The developer knows it bricks the Storm 2 running the latest official OS, but they still sell it without any warning. See the link in my sig for details.
    Hehehe. Yup, those fart apps are definitely right up there! Good choice

06-25-10 03:01 PM
    LOL +1. Never understood why people get these apps... Guess it makes them sleep better at night?
    Those memory apps are ALWAYS gonna suck people in. Strong contenders for sure!

06-25-10 03:03 PM
    SuperToot, iirc
    $50 with a gazillian ways to make rude noises.

though the iphone's I am Rich application was pretty bad too; $999.99 for an image.
    06-25-10 03:04 PM
    Good thing I got mine for free.
    06-25-10 03:23 PM
    any application that is constantly running will have memory leaks
    06-25-10 03:27 PM
    Agendus was most definitely a useless app.

06-25-10 03:36 PM
    The thread is about PAID apps. And just cause its free doesn't make it any less useless....
    06-25-10 03:38 PM
    The thread is about PAID apps. And just cause its free doesn't make it any less useless....
    I know. I just didn't want AG to think I was a complete !diot.
    06-25-10 03:47 PM
    ^^^^ Is there an app that will detect irony if the user is unable to?
    06-25-10 05:52 PM
    Agendus for Blackberry. I loved Agendus on my Sony Clie' PDA. The BB version came out a few months after I switch to BB 2 years ago and I got crossgrade discount. It's worthless on the BB.
    You should check out Calendar Pro. (new update coming any day now) It's great.
    While using Palm devices, I used 2day from shsh.com.
    This is a good replacement for it.

Good Luck
    06-25-10 08:12 PM
    I vote for QuickPull Pro. Why would anyone pay for an app when alt, rt shift, del performs the same function?

Unfortunately, I bought this stupid app before I learned how to do a soft reboot using the keypad.
    06-25-10 08:29 PM
    Ace Ringtone Maker! I got it on sale for $5 and I still I can't get it to work!
    06-25-10 10:11 PM
    I vote for QuickPull Pro. Why would anyone pay for an app when alt, rt shift, del performs the same function?

Unfortunately, I bought this stupid app before I learned how to do a soft reboot using the keypad.
    Because the Noob don't know better and they always seem to go on sale when a new device comes out! With Pro you can schedule the reset, so at least you get something with your paid app.
    06-25-10 10:15 PM
    I use them to stuff my pillow app to make them more plump
    06-25-10 10:22 PM
    I know. I just didn't want AG to think I was a complete !diot.
    Now I am crushed. I'd never think "complete." Partial, maybe
    j/k: you know I have mad respect for you.
    06-26-10 12:20 AM
    I vote for blackberry app world as the most useless app
    06-26-10 12:41 AM
    Now I am crushed. I'd never think "complete." Partial, maybe
    j/k: you know I have mad respect for you.
    Oh, that's so sweet.
    06-26-10 06:46 AM
    Even though it is free, I vote for BlackBerry AppWorld as it lost all my paid for apps and I had to buy some of them again. RIM were somewhat less than helpful - to put it politely - over this.

AppWorld is a free app that actually cost me money. I think that deserves a special prize.

My next vote would be for all those "battery saving" apps out there. Some are free, and well worth the price, others you need to buy so fit the criterion of this thread.
    06-26-10 07:01 AM
    Amen guys!

Worst paid - ANY memory app
    Worst free - AppWorld, it seems between that, anmd countless other reasons I could enumerate, while RIM makes the best business phone in the world, they have no idea how to properly conduct business themselves. The Beta Zone is a fine example. Log on every time?!? Ummmmm hello RIM, there's ways to ID us by pin #. You should talk to some of the app developers who've figured it out. And why do you have the ability to remind me I need to fill out a survey, for an upgrade you appear unable to announce? Finally, how the heck do you make said survey impossible to complete on your own devices? Mkay, I'll hop off my soapbox now. Ahhhhhhhh, dang do I feel better.

Posted from my �berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 07:17 AM
    This is why I only get free stuff from App World. I'll stick to MobiHand (CB Store) until AW 2.0 comes out.
    06-26-10 08:30 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD