02-16-12 04:26 AM
296 12345 ...
tools
    i wonder after how many releases they will finally do a final, public release?
    I was wondering the same thing. But I have noticed that grindr still is a very rough app. It doesn't utilize any of the blackberry features, it still has a ways to go.

I have noticed that the GPS issues seem to have been resolved, but I still don't understand why the developers can't streamline the process and get this app fully functional and running on blackberry.

I hope they expand into the android market, because that only means more guys for us!
    07-11-10 05:53 PM
    Can someone message me the download link please? I'm a Beta tester but I accidentally deleted the email. 24AFCD3C
    07-11-10 08:33 PM
    I was running .12 the other day and it said I had an update and it downgraded me back to .11 as well
    07-12-10 02:14 AM
    i have been testing grindr for a while but i had to reset my bb today and i have lost the link for versions .11 and .12 all i can find on my emails is a link to the very old .9 if ne 1 can pin the new updated link to me on 2194291a it wud be much appretiated as not getting a reply from grindr

cheers
    07-12-10 06:47 AM
    Firstly, in order to get .12 to work, I had to delete .11 from my BB and re-install .12.
    I used .12 for a while until I was asked to "upgrade" to .11 - which I did.
    I actually prefer .11 because of the missing menu items in .12. I don't understand why they removed "Refresh". I don't like having to "Load More Guys" just to update my GPS location. And... to access other menu items, (such as Settings), you must go to your profile pic/page and then use the menu key. The missing home page menu items are there (minus Refresh).
    I am now getting the "upgrade to .12" message everytime I sign in but I'm not sure I want to. .11 works pretty good.
    07-12-10 04:02 PM
    I got the update link for .12 like a week ago, and I was getting the error "uncaught exception" with the app timing out and terminating. I emailed support immediately, and they looked into it- turns out there was a bug in that build, so they actually began re-directing the "upgrade" to .11 in order to minimize the impact of the faulty .12 build on current users that had not yet upgraded. They re-released .12 the next day, and it runs fine. There are some modifications in the menus.

However, I noticed that the locations began to be skewed again. I specifically pointed out cross-platform (BB to iPhone and back), which I was able to test last weekend thanks to being at a party with a bunch of single gay men lol. I emailed support and allegedly, the GPS in a BB is less precise than in an iPhone and I was told that in these later builds Grindr for BB is using cellular triangulation as opposed to GPS in order to conserve battery life. Well, that kinda kills the point of this program cause the accuracy gets compromised, and I also did not notice this saving any battery life at all.
    Last edited by adkted2me; 07-12-10 at 11:18 PM.
    07-12-10 04:56 PM
    I'm not sure how popular the grindr app for blackberry is in the UK at the min, but I would love to give it a go. If anyone could send me the info I would really appreciate it.

PIN : 225905C5
    The grindr website says London is the number one city for grindr right now. Who'd have thought?
    07-13-10 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Finally found out that you have to go into edit profile mode to disable sounds and have all the options back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 06:56 PM
    I've also lost the download link when I had to reset my blackberry. Can anyone pvt it to me on here on PIN it to me - 21025015.

Thanks guys!

07-17-10 05:57 AM
    I'm on .11.

Program works for the most part. I find the GPS to be inaccurate for the most part, some people it says I am 0 feet away. I have a friend who also has a berry and the program stand next to me and it showed him as 4509 feet away, so I don't know.

I wish there was a way to integrate notifications into the BB, I'd love to see on my home screen if someone replied or something like that.

I am also tempted to say that the program is a total memory hog. I have the Bold 9650, and my memory has always been stable at 300, installed this and then suddenly my memory is plummeting down to 270's...yikes. Also, in areas of poor service, the program can freeze up.

Otherwise, neat program. For the most part it's done what it had to do. I wish there was a map to see a visual of who is where.

07-17-10 07:49 AM
    okay so i also upgraded to .12 and now i'm getting the same "uncaught exception" message. i deleted grindr but now i'm screwed because none of the links that were emailed to me work anymore! how do i get grindr back on my blackberry?! i need help and only want .11 version since the upgrade is faulty....help!
    07-17-10 11:59 PM
    hey guys, I cant seem to get the download link for this. all my friends have it for iphone, but cant seem to find the link to dl anywhere for blackberry. could someone please send me the link if possible? id be greatful.. thanks

PIN: 306708C8
    07-19-10 10:22 AM
    So, a few pages ago I posted about how allegedly Grindr for BB is using cellular triangulation because "the GPS technology is not as accurate as the iPhone" (yeah, thanks Eddie for that unbelievably rehearsed response). Anyway, today I received a response to an email that I sent last week regarding the locations being WAY off, like to the tune of 16 miles. I sent the support code to him, and he sent me back a Google Maps link that had my address 1/2 mile away. I sent him the link from Google Maps to my actual address- I have yet to hear a response.

Grindr on the iPod touch is good for me, although I did have to do an awful lot of updates to my router to get the iPod to pick up the wi-fi in my apt. There is a noticeable difference in distances as well between the two devices- and in fact laying both devices next to each other and logged on, I'm 3000+ feet away from myself
    07-19-10 09:00 PM
    At this point, I've been able to successfully download and run the app on the Storm 1 (which is rather suprising). That said, I strongly doubt the GPS is working properly and the chat seems to entirely unsuccessful. Interesting as I would put both of those on carrier issues vs. device issues.

Anyone else on TELUS had problems with the Chat and GPS? Anyone know how to hack the device GPS to make it work with the app properly?
    07-20-10 01:42 PM
    At this point, I've been able to successfully download and run the app on the Storm 1 (which is rather suprising). That said, I strongly doubt the GPS is working properly and the chat seems to entirely unsuccessful. Interesting as I would put both of those on carrier issues vs. device issues.

Anyone else on TELUS had problems with the Chat and GPS? Anyone know how to hack the device GPS to make it work with the app properly?

1) Do you have your GPS setting enabled on your phone?
    Options-->Advanced Options--> GPS: Location On
    2) As I mentioned in my last post, the GPS is inaccurate across devices. It will almost always show up with quite a distance within the same room as an iPod or an iPhone (see my last post regarding the experiment I performed at home).
    3) Grindr for BB is also using cellular triangulation (see last post), not GPS.. allegedly. If this is truly the case, then the distances would definitely vary acoss carriers as it would depend on each carrier's cell sites.
    07-20-10 02:17 PM
    .13 was released today.

Crashes the MOMENT you load it. I can see they added the accuracy +/- metres, but haven't been able to get it to load.

Anyone have the .11 release, because apparently .13 isn't gonna work for me.
    07-20-10 06:46 PM
    .13 was released today.

Crashes the MOMENT you load it. I can see they added the accuracy +/- metres, but haven't been able to get it to load.

Anyone have the .11 release, because apparently .13 isn't gonna work for me.
    Nico,

you should shoot a note over to the support team and tell them what's going on- I had to do that with .12 (see my earlier post) and they stamped that problem out the next day. It is BETA testing and they do rely on our feedback to correct errors along the way. I haven't received a .13 upgrade link, but I plan to avoid it considering what you've just described.
    07-20-10 06:51 PM
    The same thing happened to me when I loaded .13. The solution is simple

Delete .11, then re-download .13. You can just open up your BB browser and the link should be there from when you first downloaded it, it reloads the download page.

Works quicker for me. .11 was sloooooow and kept freezing my phone.

I wonder if it's more memory friendly? Even on my 9650, Grindr tanked my memory.
    07-20-10 07:40 PM
    Just downloaded .13 and it works well for me. New feature with the accuracy meter. Loads much quicker.

07-20-10 09:20 PM
    what happened to the stiings and refresh button from the menu? in version .13?
    07-21-10 12:40 PM
    ugh! i was chattin with a cute guy and then the app just FROZE! I had to restart it and I see him in the grid and can look at his profile but I can't open the chat! every time I click to chat with him, there isn't an action. Is there a way to fix this? This is really grinding my gears!!!
    07-21-10 07:40 PM
    All the people complaining about no refresh on the menu...just press "R"

07-21-10 09:32 PM
    anyone having problems with the memory? After having grindr, my app memory is slowly and surely decreasing.
    07-22-10 01:29 AM
    Never had any major issues with this program myself... other than the usual, except .13. Now, like a few of you, it crashes for me the moment I open it, with the uncaught exception error.

Have done a hard reset, have deleted the app and tried again - the works. And to no avail
    07-22-10 04:50 AM
    I sorted .13 "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION" error by going into Settings;Applications and deletingi t there, and reinstalling. That worked.

To access settings in .13, go to EDIT PROFILE, and then click the menu button from there and go to settings - turn off the notification sound if it peeves you and VOILA :-)
    07-22-10 05:12 AM
296 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD