02-16-12 04:26 AM
296 ... 89101112
tools
    I can't seem to run it on 3G. I still need a wifi connection to run it, otherwise it prompts me saying that it needs an internet connection. Otherwise it's fine.
    Is anyone facing the same issue?
    04-20-11 01:25 AM
    I've been a beta tester for months, have had tons of problems, figured it was due to my 9700 being on a BES. I'd have to be on wifi in order for Grindr to work even slightly. Made it difficult to use. Finally got a hold of a new, non-BES 9700, downloaded & installed, and it's working pretty good, without wifi, just over AT&T 3G.

Anyone else have issues w/ Grindr where it only worked on wifi? Anyone know what on BES (if truly the issue) causes Grindr to not work properly?
    There was a similar issue with the original versions of Shazam. The problem seems to be it is forcing the traffic through the BES/proxy. Deleting the Desktop[IPP] service book seems to fix/help with the problem. I am unsure what this may break, but have not had any issues so far. Note that the service book can be re-pushed by the BES and need to be deleted again.
    04-20-11 06:26 AM
    looks like grindr will only released a paid version cause there is simply not enough ad inventory to have a ad-supported version of grindr for blackberry that sux
    04-20-11 05:37 PM
    Does anyone else feel like they just got anally raped without any lube?

Like seriously. No touch support. No push messages. No profile management. Android and iOS have free versions, but for you BlackBerry users... well you have to pay a monthly fee for a product that is barely usable.
    04-28-11 01:18 AM
    Does anyone have the download link for the grindr version 1.0.5.7.14?? I'm on a blackberry TORCH and I'm having trouble sending pics to other users and have been told if I upgrade from version 1.0.5.7.9 that I shouldn't have this problem anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

pin: 232178FE
    04-28-11 08:26 AM
    Does anyone have the download link for the grindr version 1.0.5.7.14?? I'm on a blackberry TORCH and I'm having trouble sending pics to other users and have been told if I upgrade from version 1.0.5.7.9 that I shouldn't have this problem anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

pin: 232178FE
    I read torch isn't a supported device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 03:43 PM
    It isn't... Actually no new devices are supported... Another reason why i refuse to pay for the app.

Like seriously the Storm isn't even supported.
    04-29-11 12:33 AM
    Can anyone pin me the link? Thankjs! pin:228E0843

05-06-11 11:17 PM
    Personally, I want to get the app for my Playbook. But I think that is going to be wishful thinking.
    05-07-11 12:41 PM
    Could some very kind person PLEASE send me the link so I can use Grindr on my Blackberry Bold 9000. My pin is: 2569DF36

Talk more in message!

Thank you in advance.
    05-08-11 11:03 PM
    Is that news for real about grindr bberry going to xtra version only? I hope not.. because I don't think it wouldn't make good business sense for them. Even if they don't think they could get enough revenue for the blackberry version (which doesn't make sense), they'd still be getting that share of the meat market .. and face it, the app is at it's best if everyone can get to it. Hopefully they're starting to pull in enough revenue to beef up IT and make this thing what it should be, right? If not could someone plz give this app a trust fund haha
    05-09-11 03:26 PM
    I don't get it: what are they testing for over a year now? The app should work just fine by now...

Could someone please send me the link?

05-13-11 02:19 AM
    I was on grindr beta. They sent me a link for grindr xtra a few hours ago. Looks like it's a 7 day free trial upgrade to v1.0. It didn't go through all the steps for me the first time, but it's good that I clicked on the upgrade anyways, because then I decided I would need to delete the old version first, which I did.. then I went back in my browser history and clicked on the link to it again; clicked proceed again at that one part about a module; and then the rest installed fine; rebooted; and now it works. And if you've managed to stay on the bull after all that you're a true cowboy.
    05-15-11 04:34 AM
    Can anyone pin me the link? pin:228E0843

05-16-11 05:59 PM
    I was on grindr beta. They sent me a link for grindr xtra a few hours ago. Looks like it's a 7 day free trial upgrade to v1.0. It didn't go through all the steps for me the first time, but it's good that I clicked on the upgrade anyways, because then I decided I would need to delete the old version first, which I did.. then I went back in my browser history and clicked on the link to it again; clicked proceed again at that one part about a module; and then the rest installed fine; rebooted; and now it works. And if you've managed to stay on the bull after all that you're a true cowboy.
    which BB are you on? I had no problems with the install on my torch or my 83xx and 93xx curves...... I haven't tried it on my bold yet, But who knows.
    05-18-11 07:43 PM
    Hi everyone,

Does any1 have the most up todate grindr app link.

Im starting to feel that us BB users are always left hanging around when it comes to new apps, especially when Andriod seems to get everything ahead of us... (i've got the BB Curve)

That said i may just buy an I-Phone..

05-21-11 05:27 AM
    Grindr is now available for everyone in app world.
    05-23-11 03:32 PM
    Hey people. I downloaded Grindr on my BB curve. Everytime I try and use the app it keeps coming up as Uncaught Exception! Does any1 know what causes this! I've rebooted what needs rebooting! Deleted/reinstalled the app and even took battery out and put it back in!! And it still won't work! Grrrrr

05-24-11 09:35 AM
    I'm also using a BB curve and I get the same message - after waiting for 7 or 8 minutes. Is it just a matter of Grindr not being prepared for the new users now that they've launched?
    05-24-11 10:41 AM
    I'm on a Torch... apparently Grindr isn't available for the 9800, but it is for the 9780. How does that make any sense? They're both OS6.
    05-24-11 11:18 AM
    Does anyone have a link to the last beta release before they force released Xtra only on us? PM me please
    06-15-11 05:22 AM
    There must be some kind of leak or something that'll work on the torch! Anybody??!

06-25-11 01:31 PM
    Does the link grindr.com/beta/grindrbeta still work ?
    07-11-11 04:46 PM
    I'd like to challange Any crackberry user out there to break the seal and lets get this Xtra for free.... I don't agree with the excuse that "there isn't enough add revenue to support a free grindr for blackberry".... thats BS. It's the same ads that are going out to Iphone users....... Why is RIM always getting the SH*TTY end of apps ......
    07-11-11 04:53 PM
    Got sent this link to the supposedly-functional Torch version, but no joy unfortunately

[can't post links, but add the http..: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/12868/KSkWP/]

It downloads and installs, but then hits two consecutive error messages:

"Unable to check your subscription status" and then "Unable to connect to the server, please retry or verify your Internet connection setting."

I've given the app full access privileges but still no luck. What a waste of time...
    07-16-11 11:16 PM
296 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD