@Cope: you may have already tried this, but you need to make sure that your GPS is turned on. for my curve 8530, you do that by going to Settings/Advanced Options/GPS/ and make sure you have "Location On" selected under "GPS Services"

@bret: I feel ya! It's so frustrating only being able to see the thumbnail pics most of the time, with the full pics not really ever loading. one thing that seems to help for me at least, is to establish a good wifi connection and then just turn off the connection to the Mobile Network (for those who might be unfamiliar, you do this by removing the check next to "Mobile Network" when you go to the "Manage Connections" icon. You can always turn it back on later when you want to be able to receive calls and texts again.) I'm no expert, but it almost seems like when Grindr is trying to download stuff with both the mobile and wifi connections, that's when you get those lovely never-ending spinning pinwheels.

Here's to hoping that a nice, disinfected full release is imminent!
    10-14-10 02:42 PM
    @cope - Make sure you have the compatibility mode turned off in the Options --> Applications area.

I read a blurb on Grindr's website that for Verizon Blackberries, Grindr is not allowed to use the GPS (?), so it only uses cell tower triangulation.
    10-15-10 12:45 PM
    I got vers 1.0.5.7.9 and it seems very buggy (Crashes my bb all the time).

Sometimes it functions great... then Bang! Everything hangs.

Is there a later version?
    10-21-10 02:16 AM
    @wanchaiman: yes the current beta version is 1.0.5.7.14 and I know at least for me, it started prompting me to upgrade to newer versions once I got the .9 a month or so ago.

@JustJoey: I've got a Verizon BB and my GPS more or less seems to be working. I haven't seen the blurb you're talking about, and their "tips" page for BB doesn't mention any difference across service providers. I just made sure to turn on my GPS under Options/Advanced Options/GPS

It seems like if anything, it's just the overall glitchiness of the app that might get in the way, not Verizon.
    10-21-10 02:33 PM
    Grindr doesnt wanna work for me on my BB Storm 2

i keep getting the following error when i upload a photo or send one:

unable to open folder net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n
    there isnt any other folders available
    Last edited by rph1; 10-22-10 at 08:21 PM.
    10-22-10 07:53 PM
    is there any way for me to get it to be silent when I put my phone into silent mode?

whenever I get a message it still makes the obnoxious, loud noise even though my Berry is in silent mode
    10-23-10 10:00 AM
    is there any way for me to get it to be silent when I put my phone into silent mode?

whenever I get a message it still makes the obnoxious, loud noise even though my Berry is in silent mode
    The "new message" sound alert that Grindr makes, must be shut off within the Grindr app. To do this, with the Grindr app running, push the blackberry menu button and choose to 'edit' ur profile. Once on the edit screen, push the blackberry menu button and choose settings. On the settings screen, turn OFF sound alerts. Thats it!
    10-23-10 08:32 PM
    The "new message" sound alert that Grindr makes, must be shut off within the Grindr app. To do this, with the Grindr app running, push the blackberry menu button and choose to 'edit' ur profile. Once on the edit screen, push the blackberry menu button and choose settings. On the settings screen, turn OFF sound alerts. Thats it!
    THANK YOU! you are my god
    10-23-10 08:51 PM
    Ultimate irony: I finally got grindr to work on my storm 2 and it has completely messed up my phone. It was fine at first, but then the phone started running very slowly and the battery life is non existent. The back feels like its overheating and that ticking clock that is supposed to indicate the blackberry is working slowly comes on every time i try to type for a few seconds. Do you think this is a battery issue or a phone issue? I'm concerned that if i take it to the verizon store they won't be able to help me b/c its 3rd party. Thoughts?
    10-29-10 09:29 AM
    Did they ever come out with the straight version of this? (don't tell my girlfriend I asked THAT!!!!)
    10-29-10 09:40 AM
    Did they ever come out with the straight version of this? (don't tell my girlfriend I asked THAT!!!!)
    Don't hold your breathe pk - they can't even get the gay version straightened out.

FWIW, the newest version is worse than any I've tested so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 09:52 AM
    Great in concept though if NOT execution! YET!
    10-29-10 01:38 PM
    I agree with RRSpikes. The things that were wrong in the previous version are still wrong, and it seems to lock up way more than the previous one did.
    10-30-10 10:41 AM
    i've been waiting for a beta invitation for ages but i have not been selected. i was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help with a download link or install file?
    11-01-10 09:13 AM
    when will they add the ability to see a photo when sending one (like in EVERY OTHER FRICKEN APP) and not a stupid list of file names?

and is anybody else's photos sending upside down?
    11-01-10 12:18 PM
    So I take it V1.0.15.3 is newer?
    11-01-10 09:54 PM
    can someone be so kind as to pin me the download link? 22FDA24A
    11-08-10 08:42 PM
    Please help!
    Anyone else all of the sudden getting an error message "Unable to connect to the service. Please try later"

I get it upon just about any action. Despite this, the app intermittently connects and lets me chat, load more guys, etc.

I just upgraded to 15.3 (from 15.2) when the problems started. At the same time, I erased the director where all of the photos were stored. Not sure if this has any impact. I've tried 9000 combinations of restarting and reinstalling to no avail.

I e-mailed Grindr support but haven't heard back yet.
    11-09-10 03:03 AM
    The other day I got an upgrade notice to go to version 1.0.15.4 from 1.0.15.3......now a few days after the update, It wants me to downgrade back to 1.0.15.3! Anyone else have this?? The newer one seems to open more pictures so Id rather keep that but its a pain that every time that Upgrade notice comes up
    11-09-10 06:09 AM
    Please help!
    Anyone else all of the sudden getting an error message "Unable to connect to the service. Please try later"
    I'm getting that too, constantly, started yesterday. It's annoying.
    11-09-10 08:59 AM
    I've been having the exact same issues for the past 24 hours. "Unable to connect to the service, try again later," with really random/intermittent connections. Most of my chat messages either don't get sent or I don't receive incoming messages. I filed a ticket this morning but don't expect much.

I also had the same issue with upgrading and then being prompted to downgrade. I noticed after I upgraded that I was no longer able to scroll through pictures and send a photo. Not sure if there were other problems, but that was a big one. The downgrade fixed it, though.
    11-09-10 10:01 AM
    All of a sudden I'm getting alerts as if I have new messages when I don't see any new ones. I hope no one is really messaging me thinking I'm being rude by not responding.
    11-09-10 12:24 PM
    All of a sudden I'm getting alerts as if I have new messages when I don't see any new ones. I hope no one is really messaging me thinking I'm being rude by not responding.
    Same here. I switched to my ipod touch and hope people start messaging that!
    11-09-10 12:25 PM
    Can someone PIN me a download link? 311F5B92
    11-09-10 03:08 PM
    Hi All,

I would say that Grindr has another set of issues. Like others I have just started getting the cannot connect to the internet errors. Also I am getting the message alert tones but with no messages. You do wonder how long it can take to get this app stable and working. What really hacks me off are the pop up messages telling me about the latest updates and options for Ipad and Iphones

well lets see what happens. Another version?

John
    11-10-10 12:29 PM
296 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD