Hey,
    The weird thing is, I'm ignoring the update (to downgrade to .13) and sticking to .14 and it's all working fine for a change. The only issue I have is that it sucks the life out of your battery (I'm also running OS .822 which I think could be partially to blame) as I had better performance on battery on my previous version.

Here's hoping that Grindr goes live soon. Did you stick to .14 or downgrade back down to .13? The only difference I noticed in .14 is refresh is back as a menu option and the distance accuracy seems to be more accurate. Cheers!
    I would just ignore the .14 downgrade update. That's what I usually did in older builds. I haven't gotten the .14 build yet, but glad to see that the refresh option is back, I don't know what they were thinking with only offering the load more guys to refresh the current list. Hopefully .14 will be re-released soon for everyone.
    09-08-10 07:06 PM
    Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in awhile but I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is using this on a Storm (not officially supported): according to Grindr support, the developers are working on a release specifically designed for the Storm. The when and where and how have not been disclosed.

On another note, I must have missed the whole .14 update, cause I never saw it pop up.. Still on .13, but annoyed with the fact that it's so slow and kills the battery- rarely use this app anymore since it sucks the life out of the phone, and could need it for something else.

If anyone (on any model) sees a difference in .14 when it's released, I'd be interested to hear about your experience with it.
    09-09-10 04:26 PM
    Hey everyone,

Haven't posted in awhile but I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is using this on a Storm (not officially supported): according to Grindr support, the developers are working on a release specifically designed for the Storm. The when and where and how have not been disclosed.

On another note, I must have missed the whole .14 update, cause I never saw it pop up.. Still on .13, but annoyed with the fact that it's so slow and kills the battery- rarely use this app anymore since it sucks the life out of the phone, and could need it for something else.

If anyone (on any model) sees a difference in .14 when it's released, I'd be interested to hear about your experience with it.
    I'm running .14 now but it keeps advising me an update is available and it unfort links me back to version .13. So fingers crossed a new update come back soon. Refresh is back, but it still sucks the life out of the battery
    09-09-10 05:59 PM
    how can I get in on the beta?
    09-12-10 06:08 PM
    how can I get in on the beta?
    Go to www.grindr.com and sign up for the beta. They will send you an email with the download information when they have room in the beta program. There are other ways to get the beta, but those can't be posted here. You may have some luck with a google search if you choose to go the route.
    09-15-10 05:36 PM
    they need to support the Torch soon >.< lol
    09-15-10 10:05 PM
    I'd be willing to bet that support for the Torch will be added soon. Have you tried installing the beta on the torch?
    09-15-10 10:27 PM
    I'd be willing to bet that support for the Torch will be added soon. Have you tried installing the beta on the torch?
    I FOUND A LINK ONLINE! wooooooo! but I think it's version .13, is that the newest?
    Last edited by joshwithachance; 09-16-10 at 11:05 PM.
    09-16-10 10:52 PM
    Yeah I think there's a .14 out there somewhere, but mine's only letting me update to .13. Works well enough most of the time, though I wish they'd go ahead and just make it live already! Living in DC with entire armies of crackberry users around me, I can't wait haha...

See also this part of the iPad press release from Grindr on 9/15, it'll go live "soon" Great thanks Grindr

"Currently, Grindr is available on the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and will be available soon on the following Blackberry models: Curve 8300, Curve 8310, Curve 8320, Curve 8330, Curve 8330m, Curve 8350i, Curve 8520, Curve 8530, Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9700."

My completely uninformed hunch is that they delayed the Blackberry release so they could hump iPads for a few months first. After all, the BB version was supposed to be out in like June according to one interview I read.
    09-17-10 11:19 AM
    Hey guys, I'm on a 9700 and .14, and it's giving me issues! I can only log on with wifi. When i'm on 3g and outside (for the GPS) the little circle just keeps spinning . Any ideas? And while spinning I click log on, and it crashes on me
    Last edited by zkyevolved; 09-22-10 at 03:26 AM. Reason: more issues:
    09-22-10 03:25 AM
    this may seem a bit weird.... but grindr... well... its kinda funny....

I was checking the address for tigerheat
    Image WAY to big for the forums
    and they have a pic for grindr, and it says... "Free Download // Grindr.com // iPhone, iPod, iPad, Blackberry"....

Well... my bb died.... so either they have the latest version available for download... or its getting released on thursday....
    Last edited by sourkevin; 09-30-10 at 01:43 AM.
    09-30-10 01:40 AM
    Hmmm. I'm on .13, and I log in and out just to see if it will offer me .14 as an upgrade option. Alas...nothing

Is .14 any better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 08:48 PM
    Hey!

So I signed up for the Beta and all that good stuff. Now i'm trying to friggin figure out how to download Grindr.
    10-02-10 12:00 AM
    Well .14 was officially released today but it's still a beta version. Seems to run better than .13 but I haven't really had much time to play with it yet.
    10-06-10 10:10 PM
    Hi guys, I've just downloaded the new. 14 version. One problem occurred; I can send chat messages, but nobody receives them. I also do not receive chats from other guys. Is any one familiar with this problem? And does any one know how to solve it?

Thanks
    Ceavain
    10-07-10 04:49 PM
    I got .14 installed on my Storm 2 9550 the other day and finally got to check it out a bit tonight. In order for it to work at all, I had to disable compatibility mode. It wouldn't let me enter the digits for my age, but I could paste it in. I haven't been able to check the distance accuracy. And, in order to read chat messages and favorite someone, I have to do it via the menu rather than clicking on the profile icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 02:51 AM
    I recently downloaded .14 and my GPS isn't working on it. I tried to follow the steps they recommend to fix the problem but when I go to my GPS to refresh it, it doesn't give me to 'refresh' option in the menu bar. My gps is now not even working correctly for other apps, like Google maps.
    10-11-10 01:54 PM
    Joey - where did you get the link to download the .14 version? I have a storm 2 and want to try it out
    10-12-10 03:44 PM
    @cope33, as others have said on here, google is your friend. I didn't get my first copy of grindr beta directly from the company, but have been getting updates since.

Also according to the twitter from last night, we are now yet even closer to an undetermined full release date of Grindr for Blackberry:

"We're nearing the end of our BlackBerry beta testing, so it shouldn't be much longer!" (@Grindr)

It's going to be like fcuking Christmas morning
    10-12-10 03:50 PM
    well i guess google isnt quite as good of a friend for me. i havent been able to track anything legit down yet. any other tips?
    10-12-10 04:01 PM
    from what I understand, another version of this thread got shut down because someone was giving advice to people who want unauthorized links to the beta download. for whatever reason, and i'm guessing it's because they don't want their servers to get overloaded, they want to keep the number of beta testers to a limited number. naturally, the problem for grindr is that they can't stop anyone from just going out and googling for the download link, installing some old version of the app and then updating it once they get it on their device. my advice to you would be to just sign up at grindr.com/blackberry and hope they won't be as reticent to invite you to beta test as they were with me! either way, i wish that we could quit worrying about beta and get that full release out asap, because we could all use a change of scenery :P
    10-12-10 09:40 PM
    Yes I definitely understand. I was actually able to track down a version for download, but have not had as much just luck getting it to function the way that joey did. i guess i might have to just wait for the beta testing to end. alas.
    10-13-10 08:18 AM
    well i've kind of gotten it to work, but the GPS is not even close to accurate.
    10-13-10 03:47 PM
    sorry to be seemingly carrying on a conversation with myself, but if anyone has figured out how to RESPOND to chats on storm 2, let me know. i can enter text by pasting it, but cant actually send it. once again, apologies for flooding the board. just hoping to figure it out so i can help other people too.
    10-13-10 05:52 PM
    well i've kind of gotten it to work, but the GPS is not even close to accurate.
    If you got the email, it states in there that if your location is not correct, to close grindr, open up google maps or Blackberry maps to get your accurate location then reopen grindr. Works for me so far. With the .14 though I have not been able to access peoples locations when they send them to me...Also seems like less pictures load! UGH Why did they have to create something so addictive with so many bugs!!!
    10-14-10 09:33 AM
296 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD