Ahhh so jealous. I signed up a while back to be a beta tester but never heard a thing. Would love to give this a spin. All my iPhone buddies talk about it, and I feel so left out being on the Bold. Some people here have mentioned they've deleted their program because they didn't like it, I'd gladly take their place

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Personally, I would have liked to know about the beta before I read about it 3 months too late on crackberry. Maybe if you pin someone aka me, i might be able to help.
    07-05-10 07:03 PM
    The issues that I used to encounter with GPS, etc seem to be resolving more and more.. I did notice that BB to BB the location is accurate (i.e.- tested within the same room), but BB to iPhone is still a bit skewed. Example: I was in the room with someone on an iPhone and they came up about a mile away.. LOL
    07-06-10 08:30 PM
    I had the exact opposite issue, phone told me that someone was 14 ft away from me, and no one was to be seen anywhere...lol
    07-06-10 08:42 PM
    I had the exact opposite issue, phone told me that someone was 14 ft away from me, and no one was to be seen anywhere...lol

LOL.. bugs!
    07-06-10 08:44 PM
    Ugh, I switched to the HTC Evo three weeks ago and Android's version of Grindr (called Encountr) is a MESS! Fortunately, I still have my deactivated 9700 (which runs off wifi for Grindr) and I'm running the old 1.0.5.7.9 build. I'm an official beta tester but I wanted to know how to update or delete and re-install the grindr app to my BB manually since I have no BIS/BES data.
    hey, what were your settings on your bold? which bold? i've tried everything and nothing seems to work. i keep deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing. it's so aggravating i'm about to just not care for it anymore.

lol @ the gps not being accurate. i was sitting next to my friend and he was registering as being 182 feet away. he was on an ipod touch.
    07-06-10 09:11 PM
    hey, what were your settings on your bold? which bold? i've tried everything and nothing seems to work. i keep deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing. it's so aggravating i'm about to just not care for it anymore.

lol @ the gps not being accurate. i was sitting next to my friend and he was registering as being 182 feet away. he was on an ipod touch.
    I'm using version .11 on a AT&T Bold 9000 with the 5.0.0.411 OS for the most part it works extremely well. All I did was go to the download site on the phones browser and it installed with no issues.

The GPS issue is kind of understandable with the ipod touch because (correct me if I'm wrong) but ipod touch doesn't have GPS built in, so it uses wifi signals to get a general idea of where it's located.
    07-06-10 09:42 PM
    i'm on tmobile. perhaps it's something tmobile is doing. i keep hearing web2go has app issues. i'll have to google this some more.
    07-06-10 09:44 PM
    i'm back in! it turns out all grindr had to do was reset my communication settings. kinda irked at the fact that it was a simple fix after so many attempts to get the issue resolved over the course of a week. ugh! i went home (idaho) and was grindrless. :-(
    07-07-10 06:35 PM
    I'm not sure how popular the grindr app for blackberry is in the UK at the min, but I would love to give it a go. If anyone could send me the info I would really appreciate it.

PIN : 225905C5
    07-08-10 12:19 PM
    I got an alert in the app to upgrade- so I did.. went to .12, but this app fails to launch- during the sign on process it keeps saying "process terminated, Grindr is not responding"- this is after only 2 seconds max. I've seen this happen before when the app has frozen on me due to low memory- but it won't even let me sign on now

Oh, I do have full cell and data service where I am right now too.. and I have reset the device to no avail.

I'm downgrading back to the .11 that I have the files for in the meantime- anyone have suggestions on this .12 nonsense?
    Last edited by adkted2me; 07-08-10 at 02:18 PM.
    07-08-10 02:16 PM
    I got an alert in the app to upgrade- so I did.. went to .12, but this app fails to launch- during the sign on process it keeps saying "process terminated, Grindr is not responding"- this is after only 2 seconds max. I've seen this happen before when the app has frozen on me due to low memory- but it won't even let me sign on now

Oh, I do have full cell and data service where I am right now too.. and I have reset the device to no avail.

I'm downgrading back to the .11 that I have the files for in the meantime- anyone have suggestions on this .12 nonsense?
    I upgraded too and its doing the same thing. How are you downgrading back to .11??
    07-08-10 06:33 PM
    I upgraded too and its doing the same thing. How are you downgrading back to .11??
    Well, I went back to the link that I used before and tried that, but actually had to go back two versions to .10 cause it was re-assigned apparently. Anyway, I emailed Grindr support about this.. and I got a response asking me to send them a bunch of info, etc.. which I have. It seems they were not aware of this issue before according to their original response to my question. I will let you know what happens- this may just have been a bug in the build that the developers need to fix.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    07-08-10 06:48 PM
    Well, I went back to the link that I used before and tried that, but actually had to go back two versions to .10 cause it was re-assigned apparently. Anyway, I emailed Grindr support about this.. and I got a response asking me to send them a bunch of info, etc.. which I have. It seems they were not aware of this issue before according to their original response to my question. I will let you know what happens- this may just have been a bug in the build that the developers need to fix.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    I tried using an old link as well but it downloads the same .12 version. I emailed them as well but they didn't respond to me.
    07-08-10 06:50 PM
    I guess I will hold off on downloading .12

I keep getting prompted to updated to it, but by the looks of it, I should just wait until that bug is fixed.
    07-08-10 09:42 PM
    My version .12 download didn't work either I'd like to go back to version .11 but my email link only brings me to .12. I emailed tech support and sent them the info they asked for, but no reply from them yet

PS I met a cool friend on this forum so I'm a fan
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-10-10 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Link request
    07-09-10 09:38 AM
    running version .12 and it is working for me.
    07-09-10 09:41 AM
    hello guys, the grindr .12 version is still not working on my blackberry 9000

this comes up

Uncaught exception;
    Application Grindr(305) is not responding;
    process terminated

the number within the parenthesis is always different)

can someone help
    07-09-10 06:36 PM
    Is the download for Grindr X a special invite?

Right now I'm using .12 on my 9700 and it's working fine, but today I just got a "upgrade" notification that keeps asking me to downgrade to .11.

The only significant change I've noticed is larger font for user stats, and perhaps a small improvement in load time.
    07-09-10 10:14 PM
    Same here. I went to check my grindr and it somehow disappeared off my phone. So I just went ahead and downloaded .12.

Well it worked and I didn't get an error as some have previously posted. I noticed that on .12 there isn't an "options" screen, so you really can't turn off the sound.

Now I'm getting prompted to "upgrade" to .11

Weird.
    07-09-10 10:20 PM
    Running .12 and I am also getting the upgrade to .11 message also. .12 seems to work ok. Should I go back to .11?
    ttrreevvoonn likes this.
    07-10-10 07:50 AM
    Well it worked and I didn't get an error as some have previously posted. I noticed that on .12 there isn't an "options" screen, so you really can't turn off the sound.
    Yeah I forgot that that's gone, and so is the "refresh" option when you push the BlackBerry button.

It seemed to me like more guys loaded in .12 than in previous versions. Either way, I ended up downgrading to .11 just because the update notification was annoying me.
    07-10-10 01:55 PM
    Sounds like they know .12 is causing issues so they pulled it from the download page. .12 will probably be re released when they workout the bugs in it, if they don't go right to .13
    07-10-10 06:08 PM
    I keep getting a notification now that I'm using .11 that an update is available, but when I click yes it redirects me to the grindr homepage..
    07-11-10 02:12 AM
    My .12 is working fine. You have to totally delete the app then install it.
    07-11-10 03:01 PM
    i wonder after how many releases they will finally do a final, public release?
    07-11-10 04:55 PM
296 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD