So I was reading that the new version of Berry Weather (2.1.40) is available and I'd like to update mine from 2.0.54.

When I got to App World and select BeWeather, it only has the option to purchase. It does not have the option to update.

How do I update?

P.S. I'm getting more and more disappointed with BB by the day. A pack of wild dogs could make a better OS and app system. Seriously.
    02-04-10 03:05 PM
    isnt beweather the free version?
    02-04-10 03:06 PM
    Nope.

I paid the $9.99 and have my activation code but can't figure out how to upgrade. I've tried within the app itself and there is no check for update option.
    02-04-10 03:12 PM
    Did you try going to the bellshare site.
    02-04-10 03:13 PM
    I got an email about updating mine from BerryWeather for both mine and my husband's 8310.

I downloaded the update from here before I got the email because I had read in the forums about it being updated.

Bellshare - BerryWeather
    02-04-10 03:17 PM
    and then what? click my heels three times and hope it updates?
    02-04-10 03:18 PM
    There's no hoping involved...download the updated version from the bellshare site and activate it with your key. I don't really see the problem here?

App world isn't going to recognize that BeWeather and BerryWeather are the same thing. It's just like Berrybuzz...you can't download berrybuzz and then expect app world to recognize it as BeBuzz...it's not that smart.
    02-04-10 03:22 PM
    Mine installed and I didn't need to re-enter the license key # but with the version you have I think it's recommended to uninstall the old version then download the new version but you might need your key#. I provided the download link in my previous post.
    02-04-10 03:23 PM
    Mike and JLP, thanks for the help. I misread what I was being told by JLP in his first post. I'm extremely f'ing irritated with my BB today, it's on it's period and so am I apparently.

Anywho, I uninstalled the app, was not able to download from app world, went to bellshare's site and was able to download the update there. Downloaded, installed, wouldn't load b/c it had error "java.lang.nullpointerxception". Rebooted device, app then loaded fine.

I hope that BB can get a smoother interface for their apps and how they update. You have to be a f'ing wizard to maintain these things. Rediculous.

P.S. - JLP, my response regarding the "heel clicking" was not to you, it was to hitman and you responded between the time that i saw his post and was replying...
    Last edited by LAiPhoneHATER; 02-04-10 at 03:39 PM.
    02-04-10 03:36 PM
    and then what? click my heels three times and hope it updates?
    It should not be that difficult to know what to do wants you get to there site. I gave some advice and you come back with a smart remark. If you did not know what to do just ask.
    02-04-10 03:47 PM
    haha again hitman sorry to flame you bro im just having a reeeeal ****ty day mang. thanks for helping!
    02-04-10 03:48 PM
    I definately agree, they have to improve the process. The App World is very young and has a lot of growing pains.

The first mistake is the way that developers post content to App world. Devs have to pay $200 for an app world account, at which point they are allowed to upload 10 separate apps. The problem is, application updates count towards this total number of apps. This price also applies to people offering free apps. It's easier and cheaper for people to publish their apps on their own website or somewhere like mobihand/crackberry.

The second mistake was the restriction they recently put on app naming. What was wrong with using the prefix or suffix "berry" in an app name? This caused segmentation problems, like the one you're experiencing with the same app having 2 different names.

App world is a lot better than what we used to have, but it's still very immature compared to most of the competition.
    02-04-10 03:53 PM
    haha again hitman sorry to flame you bro im just having a reeeeal ****ty day mang. thanks for helping!
    its all good, hope your day gets better, and also you get berry weather working great.
    02-04-10 03:57 PM
    Mike and JLP, thanks for the help. I misread what I was being told by JLP in his first post. I'm extremely f'ing irritated with my BB today, it's on it's period and so am I apparently.

Anywho, I uninstalled the app, was not able to download from app world, went to bellshare's site and was able to download the update there. Downloaded, installed, wouldn't load b/c it had error "java.lang.nullpointerxception". Rebooted device, app then loaded fine.

I hope that BB can get a smoother interface for their apps and how they update. You have to be a f'ing wizard to maintain these things. Rediculous.

P.S. - JLP, my response regarding the "heel clicking" was not to you, it was to hitman and you responded between the time that i saw his post and was replying...
    No worries! Hope your evening is going better now!!
    02-04-10 05:54 PM
    I hardly ever use App World for downloads, the majority of my apps have been purchased and easily downloaded from MobiHand
    02-04-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD