Crackberries forever! I live on the Crackberry site. Mostly researching answers to questions that keeping popping up in regards to my vzw blackberry pearl. I am constantly pushing it to the limit. My pearl is a rock solid phone/web surfer/checkbook/mp3 player/radio/411 Operator/map. The phone is only limited by its minimal memory capacity. Now to the main reason for this post. The music applications for the blackberry pearl. Out of the four that I mentioned I favored:

Mobiola xplayer. First off I have not been able to view videos! I have searched this site and no one has come up with an answer to this problem. However as a streaming radio app I like it best. I use shoutcast.com to get the streaming URL addresses that I like and input them into Mobiola xplayer. Sometimes you have to try click a couple times to start a stream, but once it starts it rarely rebuffers. The sound is awesome and the streams provide station listing, artists name and song title right on the display. Mobiola xplayer interface goes good with storm theme look. A one time fee of 19.00 applies for continuos use of streaming radio. I use the pearl media player to watch videos.

Berrytunes. works well and allows you to also listen to podcasts. The sound quality of radio streams is not as good as Mobiola xplayer and the interface is plain. The streams sometimes take several attempts to stream if at all. Once started the streams only buffer when I am mobile and still it rebuffers infrequent. I keep Berrytunes for my podcasts and keep Mobiola xplayer for radio.

Flycast. The interface looked awesome! But it would not stream to my pearl for more than 30 seconds with out stopping. I thought I had found the perfect streaming application, but it would not work on my vzw pearl. Some have hinted that the problem might be with vzw.

Moodio. Just works. No bells or whistles. You have to log in to a pc and register and then set up your streaming radio playlist. After doing this you log in to m.moodio.fm on your pearl. Login and select your station. The stream plays thru the pearl media player. I am living Moodio set up on my pc since it does not take up memory on my pearl and may use it from time to time, I just don't like the fact you have to use your web browser to connect to it. But for me the downfall of this app is that It does not provide artist or song info.

Just my personal take, hope I have helped someone out there in Crackberry land. I know I have resolved more problems through this site than I can count. Blackberry Rules! You know that I am going to get that STORM!
    11-16-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD