Has anyone else tried Moodio as written up in the latest software roundup? I went to their website, registered, and put some internet stations into my profile. When I take my BB browser to m.moodio.fm and log in I get the stations listed but when I click on one my Curve has no clue what to do with it. I get an error message saying the object selected can't be displayed. Well duh! It wasn't supposed to be displayed, it's streaming audio.
    07-07-08 01:27 PM
    I have no problem playing it on my Curve. Have you tried more than one station and are you using the BB browser. When I click a station it opens the media player and starts playing right away. It gives me an error in mini Opera.

Might be a suitable replacement to my satellite radio in my car if the quality is high enough to stream through my sync system. I do have a media card for all my personal music so I am never without tunes but, this seems to be a good enough replacement for someone who does not have a media card.

I will let you know once I have a chance to actually use it outside of work.
    07-07-08 03:25 PM
    I'm using the stock BB browser. I've tried 5 radio stations all with the same results. I get an error message that says "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item? YES/NO". If I select NO then I get another message box that reads "Unsupported media type application/sdp".
    07-07-08 04:17 PM
    I registered late last week and was initially frustrated - couldn't get anything to play. Just logged in again today and bam - it works. Don't know what changed... I did do a battery pull over the weekend - maybe that was it.

Same thing - standard BB browser, go to m.moodio.fm, log in and I'm listening. Good luck.
    07-07-08 04:19 PM
    Edited: Answered my own question, thanks!
    Last edited by jdwx; 07-07-08 at 05:54 PM.
    07-07-08 05:39 PM
    dcscott,
    Are you on a BES I had trouble with mine, found out what service book to delete and it worked fine after that. Hang in there!!
    07-07-08 05:52 PM
    Edited: Answered my own question, thanks!
    You can select which channels to listen to - they have some they've already linked to or you can input your own. Basically, any website with streaming audio "should" work.
    07-07-08 05:55 PM
    Thank you Abe for the input. You cleared it up more for me.
    07-07-08 05:59 PM
    dcscott,
    Are you on a BES I had trouble with mine, found out what service book to delete and it worked fine after that. Hang in there!!
    Nope - I'm on BIS (AT&T). Still can't get it to work at all. It's like my browser is too dumb to know it needs to invoke the player. It keeps telling me it can't "display" the object I've selected. Well darn - I wasn't asking you to "display" it "just play" it.
    07-07-08 09:38 PM
    Can I ask which version of the Blackberry OS you're using? Have you gotten ahold of one of the beta 4.5 OS's?

If I'm not mistaken, moodio won't work unless you're OS is up to 4.5.
    07-08-08 03:24 PM
    FWIW, I'm using an 8130 w/4.3 OS on BES and the custom station I added (all I've tried thus far) works.
    07-08-08 04:14 PM
    All work great for me, but just wondering am I missing something...

Can I put the media player in the background (while I surf CrackBerry) and have it continue to play?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:18 PM
    Can I put the media player in the background (while I surf CrackBerry) and have it continue to play?
    I get the same (as everyone else as far as I can tell). I have heard that moodio users with BB OS 4.3 are able to play streams in the background, but I can't confirm this. Seems like it should be an easy fix if 4.3 can do it, but I haven't been able to get an answer from the forums at moodio.fm
    09-25-08 04:39 PM
    I was getting the same error message as well but tried it the next day and all worked fine.

Just be patient and try it another day. I haven't had a problem since the first day I registered.
    09-25-08 08:28 PM
    Make sure that in your media player your videos aren't set to full screen. I'm on vzw w 4.3 and had same msgs until I changed that. Works like a charm now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD