thoughts?
    Deathcommand likes this.
    11-20-10 07:15 PM
    there's just one teensy little problem:
    When rotated and scaled to fit, the screen is actually 20pixels short of holding three applications at the same time.
    Or basically each app would be 600x351 pixels (reference)

So, either there would be the app switcher between the two apps, or a third application, and the OS automatically scrolls to the app that was just tapped on
    Last edited by grahamf; 11-21-10 at 12:44 AM.
    11-20-10 07:29 PM
    ... Thoughts?
    11-21-10 11:41 AM
    Might be a cool idea, but I can imagine that it would be pretty taxing on the processor by running two apps simultaneously while at the same time having to scale each one for a different aspect ratio, not to mention re-ordering the content if it was necessary.
    11-21-10 11:20 PM
    Might be a cool idea, but I can imagine that it would be pretty taxing on the processor by running two apps simultaneously while at the same time having to scale each one for a different aspect ratio, not to mention re-ordering the content if it was necessary.
    Did you see the RIM vid of the PlayBook playing a video while in another app? It's somewhat powerful? That powerful? I don't know. I don't think it would be too hard for it to do this.
    11-21-10 11:29 PM
    Granted, the PB is a powerful device, but scaling and content reorganization is developer dependent as well. If the application developers don't write it into their code properly, the implementation could prove to be a disaster. This may actually have more influence on performance than processor load.
    11-22-10 12:11 AM
    I have watched a ton of playbook videos, and I can't remember seeing it in portrait mode...

Have I just missed it?
    11-22-10 07:35 AM
    I have watched a ton of playbook videos, and I can't remember seeing it in portrait mode...

Have I just missed it?
    Apparently the OS doesn't support screen rotation yet.
    11-22-10 09:48 AM
    So it wasn't my imagination...

Coming soon though right?
    11-22-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD