Hey all,

Still a newbie here and have read all the posts about memory leaks, so I was looking earlier at all the apps I had open (i.e. ALT-ESC key on my Pearl, then scroll with trackball, like ALT-TAB on a PC) to make sure I hadn't accidentally left anything open. I discovered that MobiPocket Reader seems to be always running, even if I switch to it, and go to Menu, Close. When I go back to the apps running, there it is again.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts?

TIA!
    09-12-08 04:18 PM
    Hey all,

Still a newbie here and have read all the posts about memory leaks, so I was looking earlier at all the apps I had open (i.e. ALT-ESC key on my Pearl, then scroll with trackball, like ALT-TAB on a PC) to make sure I hadn't accidentally left anything open. I discovered that MobiPocket Reader seems to be always running, even if I switch to it, and go to Menu, Close. When I go back to the apps running, there it is again.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts?

TIA!
    Try hitting the caps key and then Q. That should close it.
    09-12-08 06:05 PM
    Yeah I noticed this too! Same as StudentDocket

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 08:22 PM
    Awesome tip stepchild!

09-12-08 08:38 PM

Awesome, that worked!

Thanks!
    09-15-08 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the tip! I was about ready to remove it. I guess it remains active to keep up to date with its OTA Library.
    09-28-08 08:54 PM
    Thanks.
    Fantastic tip. Let's see how the memory behave after shutting it down.

10-01-08 04:51 AM
    Thank you so much for posting this issue and solution in the forums. I lost all my sms, mms, and call log after installing mobipocket reader. I'm so glad I found this post before removing the program.

11-09-08 02:17 PM
    ...I discovered that MobiPocket Reader seems to be always running, even if I switch to it, and go to Menu, Close. When I go back to the apps running, there it is again. ... Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts?
    Yes, I found the same thing here on my 8530.

Not good because >Menu, >Close, should do just that.

The Caps, Q trick works but the App is a bit "beta" IMHO.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski
    09-15-10 12:38 PM
    It really isn't running (at least the full app). What it has is a small utility that can be used to sync between your BlackBerry and the desktop version of MobiPocket Reader. It has to be running on the BlackBerry in order to sync properly.

It synchronizes annotations, plus will send over any new books that have been downloaded to the desktop. I think it also syncs the last page read.

If you aren't going to do any synchronization, then pressing Shift-Q will close the app down completely.
    09-15-10 02:20 PM
    Thanks! Finally got the app to close.
    04-07-11 01:54 PM
    Thanx for this topic. Been wandering all this while how to keep the application closed.

04-09-11 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD