Hi all, I have a BB 7290 that I recently put Mobipocket reader on. Until now I have had no problems; loaded up on a lot of free stuff from Gutenberg.org and have been reading on it just fine. The problem came when I actually paid for a book from Mobipocket's website and it doesn't want to transfer to my phone. I have the 4.1 OS and I have the latest Mobipocket build that my phone supports which is the ".76" build. I have tried it a couple of times now with the same error message,

" Error occurred during the transfert! Channel state error". Yes, it says 'transfert'.

I hate to waste the $15 I spent on the book 'cause the phone is too old but I hope that's not the case. I tried Mobipocket's help forums and they are a joke at best.
    12-10-09 07:13 PM
    Try downloading it to your computer, then transfer via USB. It may just be a communication error.
    12-11-09 09:17 AM
    Try downloading it to your computer, then transfer via USB. It may just be a communication error.
    That's what I do with them. I don't have media on my phone. I tried deleting the other books in my library to clear house and tried the book again; no luck that way either.
    12-11-09 08:13 PM
    have you sent them an email inquiring about it?

I'm guessing it can't just be copied over since it most likely has DRM. There will probably need to be a few more steps involved but I don't know what they are.
    12-12-09 10:53 AM
    Have you tried to dowload the book directly OTA?
    12-12-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD