alright this program sounds awesome. i downloaded the free trial from the appstore and installed it, installed the desktop software as well, but i must be doing something wrong. mobimouse on my phone is not giving me the option to connect to my laptop via bluetooth (which i am already connected to). i am not familiar with the com stuff it me mentions in the help section, but im trying and i cant get it! any ideas?
    03-28-09 07:17 PM
    Why would you want to drag your berry around the desk for?

Oh and welcome to the forums!
    03-28-09 11:20 PM
    well i dont have a desk on my bed. i have a wireless keyboard and mouse that i use with my laptop and i got it to sync up finally. but the cursor wont move, so i dont know what the problem is. seeeeeeeems like its the app, but its probably my wrong doing somewhere in there.
    03-28-09 11:56 PM
    Use BluCtrl, It connects you to your Lappy via Blutooth and doubles as a mouse AND keyboard!!!!

And Unlike MobiMouse... It's completely FREE!!!!

Here's the link
    bluCTRL wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    03-29-09 10:44 AM
    ok so i downloaded bluCTRL to my phone, and to my laptop. when i try to open the program on my laptop it pops up saying it isnt working, and closes. does it support 64bit os? doesnt say so on the site. and it also doesnt say if its compatible with the storm or not, so i would assume its not
    03-29-09 09:33 PM
    How many devices can A blackberry connect via bluetooth at the same time? Iif you are using a Bluetooth earbud to make a phone call, can you use your BlackBerry as a mouse at the same time?
    03-29-09 11:17 PM
    ok so i downloaded bluCTRL to my phone, and to my laptop. when i try to open the program on my laptop it pops up saying it isnt working, and closes.
    i am having the same problem
    03-30-09 09:10 AM
    i havent tried using it along with a bluetooth headset or anything. but i think im just gonna wait and see if mobimouse has some updates that will make me able to move the cursor with my storm. unless anyone knows of another program other than bluectrl that may work.
    03-30-09 10:16 AM
    ok so i downloaded bluCTRL to my phone, and to my laptop. when i try to open the program on my laptop it pops up saying it isnt working, and closes. does it support 64bit os? doesnt say so on the site. and it also doesnt say if its compatible with the storm or not, so i would assume its not
    I tried bluCTRL and had the same problem with Vista 64.
    03-30-09 10:59 AM
    The answer to bluetooth issues may be here:View Document

1., and 2. seem the most relevant.
    03-30-09 11:01 AM
    This seems good, I'll give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:26 AM
    I downloaded mobi mouse and couldn't get it to work. But that may be because I didn't download it to the PC desktop (couldn't figure out where to get it). Anyway so then I download BluCTRL. Took some juggling (couldn't get my PC and BB to be truly connected via a passkey. When I got that together, it worked. Although other than being in a pinch or doing a presentation I don't see a practical use for it. But when you have a BB you just gotten download the apps. Right?
    04-30-09 09:50 PM
    Hey everyone. This is my first post here as I'm a pretty new BB user, but I've been hanging around these parts for a couple of weeks and have already learned a lot from you guys!

Down to my question: I'm trying out Mobi Mouse and can't seem to connect through my WiFi, even though I have a WiFi setup at home. It connects through usb, but that's about it (I have a desktop and it won't detect it through bluetooth, either). Right now my computer's plugged directly into the router (Linksys WRT54G), and everything seems okay on the BB, but when I try to connect on the Mobi Mouse through WiFi it just hangs and says "Timeout: Could Not Connect". I've tried everything from forwarding my ports to restarts to battery pull...

Anyway, I'm stoked to be here and looking forward to joining the community. Thanks in advance for any help!
    05-09-09 09:21 PM
    I've gotten MobiMouse working on my PC and 8900 over USB and wifi. Bluetooth hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my USB adapter.

1. For USB, make sure that you have the desktop application running in your application tray, and have the Blackberry USB drivers installed.
    2. Plug the Blackberry into your computer.
    3. Open MobiMouse in your Blackberry, then scroll up to highlight "Bluetooth". Click on it and select USB from the dropdown list.
    4. Press Connect. MobiMouse should connect to your PC and act as a trackball and keyboard. You can then use the menu to modify mouse speed, backlighting,, go to an arrow-style view, or disconnect. If you type, the text will show up on your berry screen and in your PC application.

5. To get the wifi going, first make sure that your PC and Blackberry are connected on the same wireless access point (as per the Help files).
    6. Right-click on the PC tray icon and open MobiMouse, then go to the IP Network tab.
    7. Refresh the network, and type in a password
    8. On your Blackberry, select "Wifi" as the connection type and retype the LAN IP to match the one showing on your PC (NOT the WAN IP Address).
    9. Press the Menu key and select "Password", then enter the same password as on your PC.
    10. Click "Connect", and hope that it works.

The wifi connection is pretty cool and very responsive. I modified the shortcuts so that I can use the volume keys to advance and rewind Powerpoint slides. However, it's not much use if you're somewhere without a wifi router. For that reason, I'm really hoping to get the Bluetooth working.

The only thing I'd ask for is the ability to add my own shortcuts for certain key presses that don't show up as options.

Hope this helps! I'll let you know if I get the Bluetooth to work. The help files mention that you have to manually add an Incoming COM Port, which you can then use to connect MobiMouse.
    05-12-09 12:15 PM
    Only just join here and wish i had done before as i have purchased Mobi mouse and it will not connect so i am now trying bluCTRL fingers crossed

Thank you
    05-17-09 06:39 AM
    Only just join here and wish i had done before as i have purchased Mobi mouse and it will not connect so i am now trying bluCTRL fingers crossed

Thank you
    same here!

what the heck man?!?

My pc constantly is asking me about some device software after I try pairing the phone to my laptop.

Are there sort of drivers?
    05-25-09 01:16 PM
    I downloaded mobi mouse and couldn't get it to work. But that may be because I didn't download it to the PC desktop (couldn't figure out where to get it). Anyway so then I download BluCTRL. Took some juggling (couldn't get my PC and BB to be truly connected via a passkey. When I got that together, it worked. Although other than being in a pinch or doing a presentation I don't see a practical use for it. But when you have a BB you just gotten download the apps. Right?
    I don't know why anyone here would not understand the need for this type of application! Jesus! All you have to think of is, HTPC and Boxee, or even Hulu on the big screen, and you have a need. I spent $140 on a Logitech Dinovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo that works pretty well, but when it gets down to it, the keyboard is off center, making it next to impossible to be functional as a keyboard. Give me my BB, and I'm golden. Except I can't get either MobiMouse or bluCTRL to work. bluCTRL just doesn't want to work with my Bold, even though I've gotten BT set up. I've tried wifi with MobiMouse and BT and can't get either to work, dealing with timeouts. Such fun... But seriously a much NEEDED application.
    02-10-10 06:30 PM
    Wow, my post must have been moderated, so I'll refrain from using God's name in vain here. To those that are struggling with "why would you want such an application?", just think about owning an HTPC system on the big screen using Boxee and/or Hulu, and the need for such an app comes into clear view. I paid $140 for a Logitech Dinovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo that works great. Except the keyboard is off center and very hard to type one without using hunt and peck. And for those of us that type, it's frustrating. Give me my BB and give it the same functionality and we're golden. However, I can't get bluCTRL to work, because 1. I'm using a Bold and 2. I'm using 64bit O/S. Developers please update. MobiMouse not working well with BT, haven't put a lot of time into it yet, and here's why. I connect using USB and the mouse function using the trackball is not only less than desirable, it's a freakin travesty. If the mouse is that bad on a direct connection, please keep your software to yourselves and release it when it's ready for what it's designed for. This could be an awesome app one day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 06:42 PM
    Use BluCtrl, It connects you to your Lappy via Blutooth and doubles as a mouse AND keyboard!!!!

Here's the link
    Do you have Bluctrl working on your Tour? I can't get it working...It pairs, but the software won't find the computer. "No paired bluCTRL servers found."

Any ideas?

(BTW when I go to Bluetooth Services on my computer, the only one available is Dialup networking or serial port. Should there be something else here?)

Thanks!
    02-10-10 10:16 PM
    BTW my Tour DOES work via Bluetooth with BB Desktop, so that's not the issue. The website doesn't list the Tour as a compatible device, but if Bluetooth is working, I don't see why the app shouldn't work. Anyone have success with the Tour?
    02-11-10 05:15 PM

Here's the link
    I vouch for this great software
    02-11-10 07:40 PM
    anyone who doesnt get how to use mobimouse over wifi. go to the site and read the directions thoroughly. the thing that was causing mine not to connect was the password. when you double click the icon on the pc and click ip network tab at the bottom it says password. either type a password or leave it blank, but make sure the password on mobimouse on your blackberry is the same. the way you do this is when in the mobimouse app and wifi is selected click menu and scroll to password. problem solved. by the way. app is awesome much better than wireless mouse and keyboard for certain things. even better than my media center remote that came with the comp
    09-30-10 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD