given the number of threads about skype/viber and all sorts of other calling programs I thought i would let everyone know that MobileVOIP (available in app world) is a true VOIP/wifi solution for current BB.

I have a 9930 and have been testing the last 4 versions of this and can say its now working pretty good..... decent call quality and very low pricing... a great alternative for international calling and for calling home when overseas.

No, it doesnt do video chat
    No, it doesnt work over 3G data
    No, it does not accept incoming calls
    Yes you have to put $ into a VOIP plan

Other than that, it works great...tho YMMV, I have been using this app to call USA>UK and from Grenada>USA

To me this is a MASSIVE leap forward in utility for the BB
    Last edited by mystic205; 03-27-12 at 10:58 AM.
    03-27-12 10:55 AM
    This is not new, I use it for a few months and works great with 3G and wifi.

MobileVoip lets you make cheap calls to national or international destinations. Save on your mobile phone costs right away, by using this Mobile voip calls app! MobileVoip offers free 3G calls or WiFi calls for users!
    Simply install our MobileVoip app, register with one of the many supported VOIP brands and place FREE calls to your friends and family abroad. If your selected destination is not among the FREE destinations, using mobile voip calls enable you to call them at almost no costs. MobileVoip offers either FREE calls or the cheapest calls you'll find on the market!

Known issues:
    -3G BIS Connections will not work. Please use WiFi.
    -CDMA devices running OS6.0.0.521 and lower don't support VOIP calls. Text Messaging, Callback and Local Access still work.

Features:
    - Make VOIP calls from your BlackBerry
    - Send text messages (SMS)
    - Integrates your phone's contact list
    - Make FREE calls to a selection of destinations
    - Make cheap calls to any international destination
    - Make calls using local access numbers
    - Make calls using callback method

- Connect to Internet using 3G, WiFi, UMTS
    - Works around the globe; anywhere, anytime

Stop spending too much money on your phone calls; use free 3G calls or free WiFi calls with MobileVoip. MobileVoip is the best FREE calls app you'll find on the market!

Enjoy DelftEo
    03-27-12 11:53 AM
    Yes .. it is new, because until v2.4 this app simply did not work on CDMA blackberries...
    03-27-12 12:07 PM
    awesommeeeeeee. thanks I will check this out

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:24 PM
    Anyone knows which supported VOIP provider works best in terms of voice quality or service reliabilty or has the cheapest rates?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 06:48 PM
    Just finished clicking on a bunch of the supported providers and found out they are all private-label brands of the same system.

Well I guess any of them is as goo/bad as the other!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 07:29 PM
    They are all the same system, the same company.
    Nothing for free, nothing.

Enjoy DelftEo
    03-27-12 09:40 PM
    The rates are decent to most destinations.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 09:45 PM
    i have been getting about $0.04 to connect and <=$0.01/min for my calls thats pretty good.

The rates are decent to most destinations.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD