Hi. I'm finally making the shift back from iPhone 3G to a Bold. I had a BB Curve 8310 before, which I foresook for an iPhone. But I missed my BB so much I'm moving back to a Bold today or tomorrow.
    My question is, is there an app like MobileMe for the Bold? I don't think over-the-air-sync is happening for BB, but at least somewhere I can store my files which I can access on my iMac and the Bold?
    Any thoughts?
    07-15-09 11:49 PM
    google sync is what you're looking for and unlike Mobileme it's free.

Google Sync for your mobile phone
    07-16-09 12:05 AM
    google sync is what you're looking for and unlike Mobileme it's free...<snip>
    Many thanks for the prompt reply. Google sync is for over-the-air sync of contacts, calendar etc. Is there somewhere I can store files which I could download on the BB?
    07-16-09 12:11 AM
    - think microsoft's internet storage site works on blackberry, but I could be wrong, and I don't remember off the top of my head what it's called.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:07 AM
    I use a service called Humyo. Their mobile site works well on the Blackberry; I've not had any problems. There is a client you can load on your PC as well that syncs your documents to the cloud. You can then access all your documents using their mobile site. 10GB of storage is free but for up to 100GB you have to pay
    07-16-09 03:16 AM
    I have a mac.....
    07-16-09 10:51 AM
    They have a mac client as well...
    07-16-09 03:09 PM
    Hi. I'm finally making the shift back from iPhone 3G to a Bold. I had a BB Curve 8310 before, which I foresook for an iPhone. But I missed my BB so much I'm moving back to a Bold today or tomorrow.
    My question is, is there an app like MobileMe for the Bold? I don't think over-the-air-sync is happening for BB, but at least somewhere I can store my files which I can access on my iMac and the Bold?
    Any thoughts?
    Look into smartguard. It seems to be similar to mobileme. I use mobile me and I beta tested smartguard but I opted not to pay for it when my free trial ran out since I was already on mobileme (although I can't use that for the berry).

Backed up everything ota, had a wipe function from the website also.

I believe it is cheaper than mobileme but is still on a subscription basis
    07-16-09 03:20 PM
    Google docs stores certain Office type files. Or the best solution is SugarSync. They have a bb app that syncs with pc or mac. Sign up for a free acct and u get 2 free gigs or pay 5 bucks a month for 30gigs. Humyo is good but no bb app. Only web based on phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:05 PM
    Google Sync is very much in beta. It WILL mess up your blackberry calendar. But it syncs contacts just fine.
    07-16-09 05:54 PM
    I use google sync exclusively for the calendar, i find it works great. I schedule trips with 4 different people via google sync and it works quite well. It doubled all my contacts when i made the mistake of syncing contacts.
    07-16-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD