I thought I would start a thread to discuss and share information regarding how to get weather information on the Blackberry.

NWS (National Weather Service) has a couple of really nice mobile web pages that you can use to get a local forecast just by typing in the city state. It will give you access to the current conditions, 7 day forecast, current radar, looping radar images Satellite Images, current warnings and so on. Just about everything you want to know and it is specifically geared for a mobile device. I had to really look for this, I have been using RSS feeds for warnings and advisories from the NWS.

The html page is http://mobile.weather.gov and the WAP page is http://cell.weather.gov

I like the html page the best.

Best part is it is all provided by our tax dollars and it is free, no commercials nothing to sign up for and give out your email address or personal information. and its pretty cool .

So if anyone else wants to share some information about where to get weather information pipe up and add to this if you wish.
    03-30-08 07:54 PM
    BBweather is great: The bbweather Handbook

and I like Weather underground:
    Welcome to The Weather Underground : Weather Underground
    They have great mobile version.
    03-30-08 07:57 PM
    Weather Underground Mobile which has a decent, free looping radar on top of a lot of other good info.
    03-30-08 08:12 PM
    wxboss... weren't you the one that typed about the emergency email? I set that up and it works pretty well. I got a few weather alerts today. Commercial stuff in the email that is sent but the turn around is pretty good between when the alert is issued and when the email is received. When its free you gotta put up with the commercials. The thing I don't know is whether it is giving me all the Northern Indiana weather office warning notifications or just the ones that are in the county I live in based upon the zip code I entered. I was a bit critical of it but I think the trade-offs may not be as bad as I thought they would be. Time will tell.... Thx
    03-31-08 09:16 PM
    I like AccuWeather.com

03-31-08 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD