Is there a difference?

Do either cause any memory leaks or battery drains?
    12-31-09 02:23 PM
    Is there a difference?

Do either cause any memory leaks or battery drains?
    The CB App Store is powered through Mobihand with CB branding and CB gets a kick back as well so I would suggest that one.

No leaks either. If you havent already get rid of crAppWorld!
    12-31-09 02:25 PM
    I personally like the Mobihand app store better............ They are both pretty much the same though. Just minor differences....
    12-31-09 02:30 PM
    Can you post the link to download OTA?

When I click on App store client under downloads I get a page not found error.
    12-31-09 02:43 PM
    Can you post the link to download OTA?

When I click on App store client under downloads I get a page not found error.
    Just go to the app store then on the left side bar you can enter your email to have the download link emailed to your device
    12-31-09 02:46 PM
    ok, will do this when I get home. I'm at work and Big Brother (firewall) blocks the app store. Sees it as a freeware site.
    12-31-09 02:50 PM
    go to BlackBerry App Store from BB browser.
    12-31-09 03:09 PM
    The CB App Store is powered through Mobihand with CB branding and CB gets a kick back as well so I would suggest that one.

No leaks either. If you havent already get rid of crAppWorld!
    well put, and CB is cheaper!!!
    12-31-09 09:17 PM
    after a week of CB's version of app store on my phone, I lost 6.4 megs of app space

deleted, I got 6.2 megs back

I'm done with on-device app stores for a while
    01-04-10 12:44 PM
    after a week of CB's version of app store on my phone, I lost 6.4 megs of app space

I don't think the app caused u to lose a precious 6mb over a week

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 12:59 PM
    Then why did the memory come back when I deleted the app? And what caused me to lose 6 megs of app space?
    01-04-10 01:22 PM

Losing 6MB in a week is very good, losing 6 MB in a day can be normal as well. Losing 6 MB every HR is BAD!

Then why did the memory come back when I deleted the app? And what caused me to lose 6 megs of app space?
    Your memory came back because you removed the app from your device and it is not needing the extra space and resources to run it.

It sounds like you need to spend some time reading how memory works
    01-04-10 03:04 PM
    When you deleted the app, did you restart your phone?
    01-04-10 03:04 PM
    Losing 6MB in a week is very good, losing 6 MB in a day can be normal as well. Losing 6 MB every HR is BAD!
    The other apps I use don't do this. If losing 6 megs in a week is good, a good phone setup lasts about 6 weeks before your phone is at 0 app memory...

The 6 megs I lost included batt pulls to free up memory. I found my phone running at 18 megs at one point. Usually, I hover in the low 40s/high 30s without the CB app store on my phone, but as soon as I installed it, I started losing memory.

Your memory came back because you removed the app from your device and it is not needing the extra space and resources to run it.

It sounds like you need to spend some time reading how memory works
    I've read plenty about memory and how it works. In fact, what you wrote is exactly what I'm referring to... I removed the app, it freed up the resources the app was using (a number that had continued to climb all week), and now my phone is back where I started, without an app continually eating away at my free memory.
    01-04-10 04:24 PM
    The other apps I use don't do this. If losing 6 megs in a week is good, a good phone setup lasts about 6 weeks before your phone is at 0 app memory...

The 6 megs I lost included batt pulls to free up memory. I found my phone running at 18 megs at one point. Usually, I hover in the low 40s/high 30s without the CB app store on my phone, but as soon as I installed it, I started losing memory.

I've read plenty about memory and how it works. In fact, what you wrote is exactly what I'm referring to... I removed the app, it freed up the resources the app was using (a number that had continued to climb all week), and now my phone is back where I started, without an app continually eating away at my free memory.
    What do you have on your device? Please list all apps, games, themes, etc. Have you read through threads on how to optimize your File Free? Have you gotten rid of all the unused/un-needed preloaded junk on your device?
    01-04-10 04:47 PM
    What do you have on your device? Please list all apps, games, themes, etc. Have you read through threads on how to optimize your File Free? Have you gotten rid of all the unused/un-needed preloaded junk on your device?
    no themes except default, also no games

apps:
    google maps, google sync, google talk, facebook, mobile banking

Shrunken hybrid OS .328/.419/.428

no preloaded junk

optimize File Free? I'll look into it, but I assume you're just talking about how to clean out caches, batt pull to reclaim memory, etc.
    01-04-10 06:54 PM
    no themes except default, also no games

apps:
    google maps, google sync, google talk, facebook, mobile banking

Shrunken hybrid OS .328/.419/.428

no preloaded junk

optimize File Free? I'll look into it, but I assume you're just talking about how to clean out caches, batt pull to reclaim memory, etc.
    Thats all? What do you boot up with again? Your memory should be fairly high with just this on your device. You may have some corrupted files on your device that is causing memory leak/ Whos hybrid are you running? Could be that too.

If all else fails you may need to start over from scratch with a totally fresh install after wiping down to 507
    01-04-10 07:00 PM
    before I put this hybrid on my phone I was 507

right now I boot up with 42 megs and change
    01-04-10 07:05 PM
    before I put this hybrid on my phone I was 507

right now I boot up with 42 megs and change
    That sounds about right and at the end of the day where do you sit?
    01-04-10 07:06 PM
    usually between 35 and 38 (without CB app store)

with CB app store, it was much lower... usually in the 20s by the time I went to bed
    01-04-10 07:14 PM
    usually between 35 and 38 (without CB app store)

with CB app store, it was much lower... usually in the 20s by the time I went to bed
    And do you always have GTalk open? If so this all sounds fairly normal.
    01-04-10 07:17 PM
    yep, Gtalk is open all day... that's what I'm saying. This is all normal.

And my boot-up memory slowly dropped from 42 and change to 36 and (slightly less) change over the course of a week with CB app store installed.

After deleting it, my boot-up mem was back at 42. To me, this says that CB app store (and the unbranded one as well) slowly eats away at available memory.

Is that assessment wrong?
    01-04-10 07:22 PM
    yep, Gtalk is open all day... that's what I'm saying. This is all normal.

And my boot-up memory slowly dropped from 42 and change to 36 and (slightly less) change over the course of a week with CB app store installed.

After deleting it, my boot-up mem was back at 42. To me, this says that CB app store (and the unbranded one as well) slowly eats away at available memory.

Is that assessment wrong?
    When I had it on my device I don't remember it being as drastic of a drop, but I could be wrong. So yeah everything seems to be running normal.
    01-04-10 07:26 PM
    I just tried installing both of them on my Storm2 but I couldn't have both of them installed at the same time. The Mobihand App Store app replaced the Crackberry one. Yes I know it's because the Crackberry App Store is powered by Mobihand but I thought the apps would install separately since they're not completely identical. The interesting thing is that the Crackberry App Store had a "deal of the day" but the Mobihand one did not.

I personally like the Mobihand app store better............ They are both pretty much the same though. Just minor differences....
    Why do you like the Mobihand app store better? Like you said they're pretty much the same. I think I'm leaning towards the Crackberry App Store because I want to support Crackberry.com and also because it listed a "deal of the day" and Mobihand did not.
    01-12-10 02:28 PM
    go to BlackBerry App Store from BB browser.
    01-02-13 10:40 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD