Okay, so I have searched and searched and see that some people have had many different kinds of issues with this service, but here I am.

I purchased the MLB Gameday Audio for Blackberry on Monday, and I, will at random, get the error "This media is an unsupported format" I can start listening to a game just fine. Then if a call comes in, and I have to go back, it will give me the unsupported format error.

Is there any way I can fix this? Is it a setting on my phone?
    04-15-10 06:22 AM
    I'm confused. What is the problem?
    Are you unable to listen to the games or can you and you just want to get rid of the unsuppoerted format thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:48 AM
    Well, that's the problem. I can open the games and it will work. But if for some reason I leave the media player and come back, it will not load and just say its an unsupported format.
    04-15-10 07:14 AM
    I'm having problems with MLB Gameday on Blackberry Media Player as well. I was sometimes getting that error, but today it's different.

I can always connect to the audio stream and I get exactly 54 seconds of audio, then the audio stops with the message "An error has occurred attempting to play media." If I hit the back button and restart the stream, I get another 54 seconds of audio, and the same error again. It was working fine yesterday. Any ideas?

I've tried pulling the battery and upgrading my OS, but I'm already at the most recent firmware.
    04-15-10 05:50 PM
    I'm having problems with MLB Gameday on Blackberry Media Player as well. I was sometimes getting that error, but today it's different.

I can always connect to the audio stream and I get exactly 54 seconds of audio, then the audio stops with the message "An error has occurred attempting to play media." If I hit the back button and restart the stream, I get another 54 seconds of audio, and the same error again. It was working fine yesterday. Any ideas?

I've tried pulling the battery and upgrading my OS, but I'm already at the most recent firmware.
    That is the EXACT issue I have! 54 seconds and then the dreaded "An error has occurred attempting to play media."

Listened to a key part of a game yesterday on a camping trip 54 seconds at a time. You get like 1 pitch.

What in the world has MLB done to foul this up? I had Gameday Audio on this exact Blackberry Pearl (from US Cellular) for the past seasons with absolutely NO issues short of dropping out in a basement or tunnel. Yesterday, all 5 bars, fresh battery pull, no calls, no other applications. 54 seconds and BUST.

I thought I fouled something up on the settings but I went back to my config from last fall and no difference.

How can I hear hours and hours of uninterrupted music out of London or LA (you've all got to get Novex radio Companion, it is fantastic!) but not the Brewer game down the street that I'm paying MLB for? Not even in MLB.com's trademark 1930s fidelity?

Well ScottMcG at least we're in the same boat...
    04-19-10 10:40 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem. Feed starts up just fine and works great for exactly 54 seconds. Then every time at the 54 second mark it stops and gives me the “error has occurred attempting to play media” message. It’s very frustrating especially since it was working perfect with no errors for the games I listened to early last week (Mon and Tues).

Hopefully MLB gets the situation fixed soon, but so far the e-mails I’ve gotten from their support area have not helped at all.
    04-19-10 04:01 PM
    Anybody figure this out yet? Or is it working on your 8330?
    I tried listening to a game last night and was still getting the "error has occurred..." message at the 54 second mark every time. Frustrating!
    04-22-10 08:09 AM
    This sounds suspiciously close to the Slacker/Pandora problems we had when we went to 5.0 and they didn't. I wonder if they're related.

I listened to a whole game last week with no interruptions on my Storm. Is it device-related or OS-related?
    04-22-10 08:17 AM
    I'd say Device related. This is different from the MLB At-Bat app. This is MLB Gameday Audio for 8330's. The radio broadcasts stream through the web media player.
    04-22-10 08:26 AM
    I emailed MLB.com yesterday morning but no response yet. Tried listening today, the stream still cuts out after exactly 54 seconds.
    04-22-10 03:28 PM
    Any answers from MLB on the 54 second issue? Same problem here, quite annoying.

04-27-10 10:51 AM
    Any answers from MLB on the 54 second issue? Same problem here, quite annoying.

Nope, no progress. I have reconfigured my Browser/Cache/Memory every possible way to see if I could get around this, and then back to the Default settings. NEVER get anything different than 54 Seconds and the "Unable to Play" error with MLB.

All suggestions are appreciated, but for those who may suggest this is device related, how is it possible that this was NOT the case in the 2009 season.
    With Gameday Audio for Blackberry - I Listened to dozens of games throughout the whole MLB season last year with the same phone (Pearl 8130), provider (US Cellular) and unchanged signal strength. Never had this 54 Second issue.

As I look through other people's profiles I see different providers (Sprint etc) so I don't believe it is just US Cellular clamping down on high-draw applications. And if that were the case, it doesn't explain how I could still hear IheartRadio and NobexRadioCompanion for hours on end.

This one is back on MLB, and they are not worth the time it takes to write an email asking for assistance/refund IMO. They will blame our equipment/cell providers/lack of knowledge every time. Until then the season is over.
    04-27-10 11:09 AM
    I'm on the Bell Canada network. I've been trying to contact MLB support for the past week but they aren't responding. Everything worked for the first 2 weeks of the season, but I haven't been able to listen to a game for the last 2 weeks. Time to ask for a refund.
    04-27-10 11:42 AM
    For those who may be interested and/or want a refund, MLB.com Mobile Customer Support ph # is 866-306-5311.

I called last night and they said they are aware of the problem and are working on it and would get back to me when a resolution was reached. I'll pass along what I hear if/when they get back to me.
    04-27-10 04:26 PM
    I also have the 54 second audio error problem and I have emailed mlb.com about it. They will not help you with this over the phone.They will give you the support email address and you have to contact them that way. Anyway,I emailed them about this problem and got a totally ridiculous answer saying that At Bat 2010 only works with Storm. ( I told them I had Gameday Audio only,apparently they missed that part).So I tried it again and the answer said that an incoming call will interrupt the audio feed and some other issues may also cause the problem and the solution is to reload the program..Right.
    04-27-10 07:34 PM
    MLB Mobile Customer Support just called me back. Basically just said this is a "known issue" that they are aware of and are working to get it resolved. She said there is nothing I can do with my phone to get it working, it is an error on their end. Would not give me a timeframe of anykind for when it may be resolved, but they are aware and are working to fix it.

The frustration continues, but at least they are aware of the problem I guess.
    04-27-10 10:01 PM
    I think I'm glad to see that this isn't some random issue that I'm getting. It's good to hear that it's a known issue, but considering the audio is the only reason I got Mobile Premium, it's a bummer to say the least.
    04-28-10 03:43 PM
    i talked to them tonite. PROBLEMS on us cellular and t-mobile, they know it plays for :54 seconds then quits. mlb.com seems to not be at all concerned about this and when i asked for a pro-rated discount since they know there have been probs all season) they offered to cancel.i suggested that they advise all their uscc and t-mobile subscribers but was told they would not. i can't believe they are this unconcerned about a problem like this...
    04-28-10 09:37 PM
    I too have the same problem with the stream stopping at 54 seconds. I also heard from mlb.com today via e-mail to tell me they were still working on it. I'm on US Cellular with a Curve 8330m. HOWEVER.. I did manage to get an over 6 minute continous stream today after doing the following:

1) start the stream. wait for the eventual inturruption at 54 seconds.
    2) go to the menu and select refresh. The stream will re-start. (I also pressed the roller ball to get rid of the error dialogue box.)
    3) I repeated these steps several times until the stream continued successfully past the 54 second mark. At 6:00 I thought it might have been fixed on MLB, so I stopped, exited the player and started again. Unfortunately I could not recreate a longer running stream than 54 seconds. In this attempt I went through the refresh procedure over 25 times and it stopped at :54 each time. I do not know how many refreshes I went through on the earlier sequence when I got the 6:00 minute run.
    If anyone else has the patience to try this, let us know if you have any sucess.
    05-02-10 09:48 PM
    Well, last night (5/4) around 6pm CDT, I was able to listen to a game for several minutes without a problem. Later, around 10pm, I was back to the 54 second problem.

5/6 Update - Last night again, was back to the 54 second problem. Today, however, I am getting consistent long term streaming during the noon and 1pm hours (CDT). Will tryagain later today. (Maybe they've fixed it?)

5/6 5:45pm CDT Update - Looks like it's fixed.. Running the pre-game now for more than 2 minutes!
    Last edited by beed10; 05-06-10 at 05:48 PM.
    05-05-10 07:53 AM
    I've currently been able to listen to 6+ minutes of the game this afternoon without interruption. Good sign and hopefully they've got it fixed!
    05-06-10 02:28 PM
    Wow.....I think maybe they did fix this. I'm listening to a Dodgers game and I'm up over 16 minutes listening to this. A promising sign !!!
    05-07-10 12:15 AM
    Wow, fixed on my Blackberry, too! I haven't tried for a couple weeks because my favorite team is the Mariners, but I got in a couple hours of misc games this evening. I'm one happy camper.
    05-19-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD