07-05-10 04:11 PM
38 12
tools
    Too be quite honest if its not a free mlb app I prolly won't get it but scoremoible app is great! Fast and very realiable up to the second stats I love it! In the blackberry app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 11:03 PM
    I wanted to post again to update my earlier posts, since I did go ahead and buy the app after being on the fence for awhile.

I think it's very cool for baseball fans. The video quality is "good enough"...there will be some issues with buffering, and it occasionally gets distorted if it doesn't load fast enough. But the updates are very quick and it's just unbelievable to have this on a portable device.

I was in my office yesterday and I heard that Mark Buehrle made an unbelievable defensive play and Jason Heyward hit a HR in his first MLB at-bat. A few of the other people in my office had heard that as well. But since I had the video highlights, I was able to click over to those games and show them what everyone was talking about, and it took less than a minute.

The condensed games are great if you have a team you're following and are forced to miss a game. I could totally see using it for that. But realistically, it's pretty rare that I'm going to sit and watch those for 9 minutes for another game I don't care about (plus the buffering issues are worse on bigger files). But I could see using the 30 second to 1 minute highlight clips on a daily basis!

Also, the GameCenter updates are very fast, IMO. If you fire up the radio feed, you'll notice that the GameCenter is actually farther ahead. Plus, I had it on next to me as I was watching a Twins game on TV, and it was almost completely up-to-date. You have the choice of 15, 30, or 60-second autorefresh. I'm trying 30 seconds right now, and I think that's fine. 15 seconds would probably be even harder on the battery or slow things down.

People have asked about battery life, but I don't think it's a major concern. As with Twitter, ScoreMobile, whatever, I really recommend people just close down these programs when they're not using them. I charged my phone overnight, probably listened to an hour of podcasts on Podtrapper, was using it for emails all day, DL'ed programs, restarted several times, and then played with this thing for probably 1 or 2 hours, and after all of that, not only did I make it through the day but had 40% battery life when I went to bed. Like I said, close it down when you're not on it, but if you have a 9700, you should have more than enough battery to use it freely.
    04-06-10 09:53 AM
    Still like the app, but have a question...

Has anybody had an issue with trying to load a video clip, and it says:

"The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

It's obviously not a device issue--I load videos all the time on my 9700. I think it might be that they post in-game highlights shortly after they happen, but there's some disconnect between the link that pops up in your screen and the availability of the content. I don't believe it's an issue after the games have been done for awhile.
    04-08-10 03:45 PM
    Can I get a bump here to address this issue? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one having the problem on a 9700, and it probably doesn't let me watch approximately 20% of the videos I click on.

It seems to affect entire games...in other words, if it won't let me watch the video for one game, then all other videos for that game probably won't work either.

Thanks.
    04-13-10 01:21 PM
    Yea, I'm running into the same issue with my Tour 9630 and getting the same error on in game highlights

"The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."
    04-14-10 03:18 PM
    ok so i picked up this app and i am unable to listen to any of the games unless i am using a wifi connection. when i am trying to use my 3G connection i get a message that says "Network error)
    I have called my wireless carrier and they couldnt help and ive emailed the mlb app support and they are virtually copying and pasting FAQ to me.

im with rogers wireless ussing the 9700

can anyone help me?

thanks
    04-14-10 08:24 PM
    Still like the app, but have a question...

Has anybody had an issue with trying to load a video clip, and it says:

It's obviously not a device issue--I load videos all the time on my 9700. I think it might be that they post in-game highlights shortly after they happen, but there's some disconnect between the link that pops up in your screen and the availability of the content. I don't believe it's an issue after the games have been done for awhile.
    I have the same problem with my 9700. But it isn't consistent. Once in a while a video will work, and once a game is over they almost always work. I e-mailed At Bat tech support, they sent back a "we're working on it, check back for updates" e-mail.
    04-14-10 09:15 PM
    I might have to pick this app also and oh yeah Go Yanks!
    Yankees FTW!!! Lol

04-14-10 10:20 PM
    Yankees FTW!!! Lol

Yanks all day! Lol any free mlb stat apps tho?

04-14-10 10:50 PM
    I have the 8900 on T-Mobile, just upgraded to OS 5 so I could buy and install the MLB app, but my AppWorld is saying my carrier doesn't support the app and won't let me download it...

Does anyone know a work around for this? I'm about to cry!!

Regards,
    Alamo
    04-27-10 04:34 PM
    Is it a common issue on the BB Storm 1 for the boxscore and the other features (other than audio) to not work?
    06-24-10 09:15 AM
    ok so i picked up this app and i am unable to listen to any of the games unless i am using a wifi connection. when i am trying to use my 3G connection i get a message that says "Network error)
    I have called my wireless carrier and they couldnt help and ive emailed the mlb app support and they are virtually copying and pasting FAQ to me.

im with rogers wireless ussing the 9700

can anyone help me?

thanks
    Um, I have the EXACT same problem. Has anyone had this and had it solved perchance. I'm basically getting the run-around from their tech support.
    07-03-10 12:08 AM
    I am having the same issue with my Bold 9700. I can connect with no problems and listen to the game when i am connected with wifi. But if i try to connect using the Rogers 3G network, i get a network error when trying to log into any radio feeds. I have contacted Rogers to see if it was supported and didn't really get an answer. I also contacted atbat support and they were gonna escalate my problem and get back to me. Anyone having this same problem or does anyone know the fix for it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared my cache and still no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks
    07-05-10 04:11 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD