Hey folks,

I'm a HUGE baseball fan. Last year I watched as iPhone users got an awesome MLB App that streamed audio, graphics and video to their phones while we had a weak browser based program that disabled our ability to really multitask while following a game.

That may not be the issue in 2010. While details on the Blackberry version are non-existant, the MLB.com website does show the Storm2 running the new AtBat 2010 App. Under the BlackBerry icon, it shows the same thing. Sadly, neither of these banners contains a link.

iPhone boards are claiming the original release date of Feb 28 was pushed back to Mar 2. This makes sense as Spring Training games start in about an hour.

The rumors say that Android phones won't have video capabilities. It may be a safe guess that the BlackBerry app won't either.

So, anyone heard anything? I'm excited.
    03-02-10 10:53 AM
    I too have been waiting for this but I have heard nothing. I tried to get the Mobile App on my 9550, but it said the device doesn't support it Hopefully something gets released soon.
    03-02-10 01:07 PM
    the shrt answer: no

the LONG answer:
    Apple worked VERY hard to make the ap work, and if you are a MLB.tv use ryou notice that all the advertisments have macs in them, and Iphone, ipads, andipods.

the best you are going to get is MLB audio on the blackberry, wish is nice for office use, but to be honest the MLB at bat app is one of the best apps for a baseball fan. and also to be honest, it's one of the biggest reasons I would consider changing to an Iphone over my beloved crackberry, one app makes that big of a difference. but so does socialscope, and iPhone doesn't have that, so screw em.
    03-02-10 01:48 PM
    this is a double post
    03-02-10 02:10 PM
    Hey folks,

I'm a HUGE baseball fan. Last year I watched as iPhone users got an awesome MLB App that streamed audio, graphics and video to their phones while we had a weak browser based program that disabled our ability to really multitask while following a game.

That may not be the issue in 2010. While details on the Blackberry version are non-existant, the MLB.com website does show the Storm2 running the new AtBat 2010 App. Under the BlackBerry icon, it shows the same thing. Sadly, neither of these banners contains a link.

iPhone boards are claiming the original release date of Feb 28 was pushed back to Mar 2. This makes sense as Spring Training games start in about an hour.

The rumors say that Android phones won't have video capabilities. It may be a safe guess that the BlackBerry app won't either.

So, anyone heard anything? I'm excited.
    MLB at Bat for the Storm 2!!!
    03-02-10 02:15 PM
    that is not NEAR as nice as the one for the iphone though.
    03-02-10 09:58 PM
    im a baseball fan. more importantly i am a new york yankees fan. would love to see my world champs on my berry.
    03-02-10 10:14 PM
    Would this work on a 9700?
    03-03-10 04:44 AM
    Not bothered about highlights and you can see pitch by pitch on mlb.com without an app, would this mlb at bat app allow you to watch live baseball? (Use your mlbtv log in to view live baseball on your blackberry)
    03-03-10 06:45 AM
    I just wanted to let everyone know that MLB at Bat 2010 is now available for $14.99 on blackberry app world. It is not linked yet on mlb.com but I have just downloaded it and opened it up about 10 minutes ago.

I haven't been able to test the audio yet because there are no games on right now, but there is a tab for video highlights of games. There is no option right now to watch games live like the iPhone has though.

I loved this app last year on my ipod touch so hopefully the blackberry app can live up to the iphone one.
    03-03-10 09:06 AM
    By the way, I have the blackberry storm on verizon.
    03-03-10 09:08 AM
    Any idea if it will work on the Tour? I couldn't find it under BB App world until I went online and opened it up in my browser and it said it wasn't compatible. I figured it might be because I'm running OS 5....419? Any thoughts or ideas? I saw online at MLB.com that there was a game day audio option for the tour. And I'm capable of watching video clips. So I can't imagine that I'd be out of luck. But maybe I am... Any info or help would be great.

Nice to see some Baseball fans haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 03:15 PM
    Maybe you will be able to get it directly from mlb.com once they finally update their website for links to at bat 2010. Right now the at bat link is still for 2009 and they only have a link for iphone on there.
    03-03-10 06:36 PM
    It is now official and app is available in App World!

03-03-10 09:09 PM
    Can't find it on app world, can you post a link?

What do you get on this app that is not available on mlb.com's mobile web site?
    03-04-10 06:06 AM
    It is now official and app is available in App World!

I posted that it was available on blackberry app world about 10 hours before you after I downloaded it in post number 10. What made it official now 10 hours later?
    03-04-10 08:52 AM
    How about a review from somebody?
    For $15 I want to hear that people love it.
    Look forward to some comments.
    Thanks!
    03-04-10 12:08 PM
    I have already listened to a full game yesterday and I am listening to the live Detroit stream of the Tigers and Blue Jays game right now and I have to say that I do love this app.

Yesterday I was a little disappointed in the audio quality for the Yankees Pirates game. The volume was to low through my headphones so I would have to keep cranking the volume almost to the max on my storm. When I did this an annoying hissing noise started to show up but it was not enough to get my to stop listening.

Today I am listening to my hometown team, the Tigers, and the audio quality is much better. The volume is up to par with Pandora but the sound quality isn't quite as high as Pandora. To me it sounds better than the typical AM radio broadcast but probably not as good as FM with a strong signal. There is still a slight hiss but it is much less noticeable than yesterday so this makes me think they are still improving it.

The live audio streams are the main reason I got this app. I had it last year for my iPod touch and I have to say the experience is just as good for me on my storm through evdo as it was on the iPod touch through Wifi. The only thing that makes the iPhone version better is live video streams of games. I never used that anyways so that doesn't matter to me. The reason I never used it was because there are only a few free games and the rest require a $120 subscription to mlb.tv. The other thing that the iphone people don't tell you is that they can only watch live games through wifi not 3g.

The stats features are great, although they aren't fully active during spring training. Right now we only have live updating box scores. A live updating field view that shows who is playing what positions, who is at bat, and who is on what bases. We also have a live updating play by play transcript that explains how each out is made every inning. You can also click the scoring tab in this field that will describe how each scoring play was made.

Once the regular season starts there will be a live updating pitch by pitch view that shows where each pitch is located, how much break the pitch had and how fast it was. There will also be in game highlights in a tab that shows video of good plays that happened and every scoring play that happened in the game. This is updated as the highlights happen. Another great feature that will be added once the regular season starts is something called condensed games. After the game is over you can watch every out and scoring play edited together into one short video feed that is about 10 minutes long. It shows every play of the game without all the downtime between plays. It also cuts out all pitches that don't result in an out or runs scored. These were all features available in the iPhone app last year that are also in this app. We just have to wait for the regular season for these features, but so do the iPhone and android users.

The only feature missing from the blackberry version that the iPhone app has is live video streaming of games, but like i said earlier this is limited to a few free games a week or to people who have the $120 mlb.tv subscription.

Sorry for the really long post, but bkrickles asked for a review of the app. Everyone feel free to add anything I might have left out.
    03-04-10 01:48 PM
    Oh, I forgot to add that once the regular season starts you always have the choice of the home or away radio feed for every single game of the season. You can always listen to your home town announcers no matter where you are. Basically I would highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to listen to live game radio broadcasts on their blackberry. If you don't plan on doing that a lot its probably not worth the 15 dollars
    03-04-10 02:06 PM
    Great review, thanks! I've been looking for a sports app like this and I'm going to pick it up. Kind of off topic, but does such an app exist for other sports as well? Besides baseball, I'm looking for a hockey app like this.
    03-04-10 02:07 PM
    I posted that it was available on blackberry app world about 10 hours before you after I downloaded it in post number 10. What made it official now 10 hours later?
    hahahahaha!

03-04-10 02:51 PM
    I have already listened to a full game yesterday and I am listening to the live Detroit stream of the Tigers and Blue Jays game right now and I have to say that I do love this app.

Yesterday I was a little disappointed in the audio quality for the Yankees Pirates game. The volume was to low through my headphones so I would have to keep cranking the volume almost to the max on my storm. When I did this an annoying hissing noise started to show up but it was not enough to get my to stop listening.

Today I am listening to my hometown team, the Tigers, and the audio quality is much better. The volume is up to par with Pandora but the sound quality isn't quite as high as Pandora. To me it sounds better than the typical AM radio broadcast but probably not as good as FM with a strong signal. There is still a slight hiss but it is much less noticeable than yesterday so this makes me think they are still improving it.

The live audio streams are the main reason I got this app. I had it last year for my iPod touch and I have to say the experience is just as good for me on my storm through evdo as it was on the iPod touch through Wifi. The only thing that makes the iPhone version better is live video streams of games. I never used that anyways so that doesn't matter to me. The reason I never used it was because there are only a few free games and the rest require a $120 subscription to mlb.tv. The other thing that the iphone people don't tell you is that they can only watch live games through wifi not 3g.

The stats features are great, although they aren't fully active during spring training. Right now we only have live updating box scores. A live updating field view that shows who is playing what positions, who is at bat, and who is on what bases. We also have a live updating play by play transcript that explains how each out is made every inning. You can also click the scoring tab in this field that will describe how each scoring play was made.

Once the regular season starts there will be a live updating pitch by pitch view that shows where each pitch is located, how much break the pitch had and how fast it was. There will also be in game highlights in a tab that shows video of good plays that happened and every scoring play that happened in the game. This is updated as the highlights happen. Another great feature that will be added once the regular season starts is something called condensed games. After the game is over you can watch every out and scoring play edited together into one short video feed that is about 10 minutes long. It shows every play of the game without all the downtime between plays. It also cuts out all pitches that don't result in an out or runs scored. These were all features available in the iPhone app last year that are also in this app. We just have to wait for the regular season for these features, but so do the iPhone and android users.

The only feature missing from the blackberry version that the iPhone app has is live video streaming of games, but like i said earlier this is limited to a few free games a week or to people who have the $120 mlb.tv subscription.

Sorry for the really long post, but bkrickles asked for a review of the app. Everyone feel free to add anything I might have left out.
    Wow! I asked for it and I got it!
    Thanks alot.
    Your review has convinced me not to wait for a sale and to get this app immediately.
    It sounds amazing and I am a huge baseball (Yankees, of course) fan.
    I have a couple of meetings this morning and then I'll be making the purchase, hopefully in time for Yankee game at 1pm today.
    I'll come back and give my take when I get a chance.
    Thanks King, you just made me $15 poorer....... LMAO!
    03-05-10 08:13 AM
    anybody test this yet? looks cool still deciding... Hoping they will run a special sometime before the season
    03-05-10 10:21 AM
    anybody test this yet? looks cool still deciding... Hoping they will run a special sometime before the season
    look at the post above and you'll see a pretty good review.
    I just purchased but haven't had a chance to play with it.
    I wanted to wait for a special but I'm the original sucker!
    Anyway, love your pic. We've got # 28 in the bag this year!!
    03-05-10 10:28 AM
    look at the post above and you'll see a pretty good review.
    I just purchased but haven't had a chance to play with it.
    I wanted to wait for a special but I'm the original sucker!
    Anyway, love your pic. We've got # 28 in the bag this year!!
    yeah read that- was looking for a little bit of a larger sample- I will probably be a sucker too- will be good for the day games when I am stuck at work with no radio reception...
    Yeah hope so- Damon is a dope!
    03-05-10 10:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD