Below is a copy of an email i reveived this morning, pretty darn impressive, considering all the complaining going on! I Deleted my links and discount codes:

Dear MiuTunes Customers and Beta Testers,

Once again we would like to thank you for your support and your participation in MiuTunes Beta program which was completed last month. Without your help MiuTunes would not have reached the accomplishments of what we see today. And that was the reason why we gave the special discount for all beta testers and carefully selected the 10 free license winners from the most active beta testers.

We would like to thank many of you who have shown greatest confidence in us by ordering MiuTunes right away. However we are concerned as we hear some discussions about unfair/high pricing and miscalculation of the 50% discount. There is several points we would like to clarify in response to this:
    - MiuTunes pricing was carefully set by our management by considering many things including efforts put into this product (man-hours involved), product features and quality in comparison with BlackBerry stock media player and other products, pricing of other products in industry and also the information gathered from beta surveys.
    - The beta offer price is $19.95, so the way our marketing put it as 50% off the regular price of $39.95
    - Some thought that we had reduced the price from $39.95 to $29.95 after released and expected us to reduce the beta offer price. The fact is that we did not reduce the usual price, but our Marketing decided to launch introductory offer promotion by giving $10 off from regular price. This is a separate promotion that was launched together on the product released.

It is our bad that we did not make these clearer and we would like to make it up and show our good will to all of you by offering this special promotion. Ultimately we want to ensure most of you are satisfied with Beta program experience and be rewarded as well for the great efforts you guys have put in.

Enough talking now lets take a look at the special promotion we have with our distributor at Handango. Please react fast as this promotion has expiration time.

---- SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR BETA TESTERS ----

OFFER 1: Valid for Beta Testers who have not purchased MiuTunes yet.
    * We would like to give a one-time special offer to purchase MiuTunes at the price of $13.95 at Handango web site. Please proceed to MiuTunes product page at Handango: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. During checkout please enter this coupon code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    * Note: The coupon works only for one-time purchase per beta tester, for one single MiuTunes license, expiration date on June 18, 2008

OFFER 2: Valid for the early birds, the ones who were beta testers and have purchased MiuTunes already.
    * We would like to thank for your support by giving you even more discount offer, that is $10 off from any of Simprit products (incl, GridMagic, MiniRingtones, MiniSafe and of course another copy MiuTunes if you would like). Just proceed to the following link xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to browse for the products. During check please enter the coupon code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    * This means that you can actually purchased our reputable GridMagic Standard edition or MiniRingtones at the price of just $9.95.
    * Note: The coupon works only for one-time purchase per customer, for one single license of any one Simprit product, expiration date on June 20, 2008

---- About Beta Program Free License Winner ----

As we mentioned before, MiuTunes beta program free license winners are actually thoughtfully hand-picked from many of beta testers. Those winners were the ones who actively participated in MiuTunes Beta program and provided the most valuable feedbacks or otherwise helped other testers in forums to progress and benefit from the MiuTunes Beta program. We know that beside these 10 users, there are many of you who have contributed significant amount of efforts in this beta program. We recognize this and the special offer is given to show our appreciation to all of you.

Best Regards,
    Simprit Team
    Last edited by arcor; 06-10-08 at 10:11 AM.
    06-10-08 10:04 AM
    I think you will see the application for $9.95 before long. Sales is probably been slow so far.
    06-10-08 10:34 AM
    Like I said in another topic, it is a great program if it were $10 for all users, not beta testers etc...

I would wait till 4.5 OS final is release to see if the media player is better, since it is free.

I use the media player quite frequently, and even though it is not as good as ipod or even miutunes. The fact that memory is at a premium on my curve, I will skip it even at the price of $13.
    06-10-08 11:07 AM
    Already posted this information earlier this morn
    06-10-08 11:41 AM
    Like I said in another topic, it is a great program if it were $10 for all users, not beta testers etc...

I would wait till 4.5 OS final is release to see if the media player is better, since it is free.

I use the media player quite frequently, and even though it is not as good as ipod or even miutunes. The fact that memory is at a premium on my curve, I will skip it even at the price of $13.
    You should check out the ways of freeing up memory. I have around 75 applications installed, and still have plenty of free memory, even more now that I'm on 4.5.

BTW, the media player in 4.5 is pretty much the same (has a stop button now).
    06-10-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD