Just a heads-up, the final release of MiuTunes is out (version 2.1.0). Also congrats to the 10 winners of the free licenses, check your email if you're one of the beta testers.

I guess I'll probably buy the app. Half off for all beta testers is still a pretty good deal if you ask me. Thanks for the opportunity to let me participate as a beta tester.

You can check out more info over at the official web site.
    Last edited by Edd; 05-26-08 at 09:23 AM.
    05-26-08 09:15 AM
    Ye I noticed it came out today/
    To be honest, I'm a little upset I wasn't chosen. In my opinion, all beta testers deserve a free copy (at least the ones that gave feedback).

New customers get it for 30, beta users get it for 20. Not that big of a difference =/
    05-26-08 10:43 AM
    Yeah, when it stops working for me it's asta la vista. Maybe I should have read the fine print, I figured the beta testers would get a free copy of it. $20 neeeh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 10:49 AM
    Price point is pretty high. I was thinking they would have went along the line of the 20$ price point. At 40$ (or 20$ for beta users) I find it a little expensive.

50% discount for current beta tester is nice (although free would have been great) but still, at 20$ with my discount, I'm not sure I'll proceed... at 10$, maybe. I guess I'm just not listening to music with my BB often enough to justify it.
    05-26-08 10:56 AM
    U know to be honest, im not so sure that the winners were legit. I'd spend probably 4 hours of miutunes everyday just while im working and stuff. But these winners, I think that they maybe just like muted miutunes and then put on repeat for a song. If this was the case, im PISSED SO BAD!!!
    05-26-08 12:34 PM
    Yeah, memory is at a premium on my 8830, and there is so much software competing for that real estate there.

Thinkin I'll be deleting at that price. I understand they have to make some cash for their efforts tho. I just have too much money in software on mine already.

So far, I'm just getting a beta experation disclaimer and it's asking for the key or choose OK. Basically seems to be working tho.... Hmm....
    05-26-08 12:44 PM
    Seems like everyone has similar feelings... I dropped them a line and I suggest you guys do as well ([email protected] -- I think double check the spelling)... They wont do well with such high prices! I'm sure if they get enough emails from beta testers theyll give 'em out for free or lower the price point.
    05-26-08 01:01 PM
    I agree with some of you on the price point being too high. I remember there was a question on the beta program about how much would you pay for it and I put $10 ($9.99 to be exact). lol Oh well, I hate to carry more devices just to play MP3s plus imo, $19 isn't so bad.

05-26-08 02:44 PM
    You know, if you don't have $40 because you are a student, make minimum wage, don't have a job, or are on SSI, I can understand you thinking $40 is a lot of money. As Dave Ramsey says, maybe you have a "career problem", not a money problem.

But, for the average person with a Blackberry who is educated and has a great job, $40 is like nothing. I mean you can spend $40 taking a wife and kids to McDonalds!

MiuTunes does everything you could imagine and you don't have to go buy an iPod to carry around.

I'm really excited to see what they develop next! These guys are pros and will go far.

Patrick

P.S. @lustful gangsta - Maybe that whole "gangsta" thing isn't working out for you. =)
    05-26-08 04:05 PM
    U know to be honest, im not so sure that the winners were legit. I'd spend probably 4 hours of miutunes everyday just while im working and stuff. But these winners, I think that they maybe just like muted miutunes and then put on repeat for a song. If this was the case, im PISSED SO BAD!!!

What is it with people thinking they had a "time limit" on the beta testers, Geeez....did you report any bugs?.....Did you make any suggestions on how to improve it...or did ya just sit back and use it and never actually contribute...I won it...Patrick won it...and I can assure you I posted ALL my bugs that I found and posted alot of suggestions as well..this whole thought that they were going by the amount of time the app was used is kinda bogus...and the price is not $40-$45...it's $29.95...cheap cost to pay imo for a well programmed and useful app...you design something thats as good and useful, i'll hand over the $29.95 to you as well...on top of that all the beta testers get it at half price..
    05-26-08 04:21 PM
    All I Know Is I Bought My Copy Of Miutunes And It Was Well Worth The $20. After The Beta Testing I Didnt Even Hesitate. Miutunes Is Way Better Than Flipside.
    05-26-08 04:42 PM
    I wanted to try the 7 day trial offer but when I went to run the app, I got blocked by my IT policy. BES can blow sometimes. Oh well, I'll continue to run the standard media/music player.

05-26-08 04:48 PM
    I'm done with it.

05-26-08 04:48 PM
    You know, if you don't have $40 because you are a student, make minimum wage, don't have a job, or are on SSI, I can understand you thinking $40 is a lot of money. As Dave Ramsey says, maybe you have a "career problem", not a money problem.

But, for the average person with a Blackberry who is educated and has a great job, $40 is like nothing. I mean you can spend $40 taking a wife and kids to McDonalds!

MiuTunes does everything you could imagine and you don't have to go buy an iPod to carry around.

I'm really excited to see what they develop next! These guys are pros and will go far.

Patrick

P.S. @lustful gangsta - Maybe that whole "gangsta" thing isn't working out for you. =)
    You're right-- I am a student. But that profession isn't changing for awhile. If I wanted to I could 'go ask mommy and daddy' to get it for me, but who wants to do that. I agree that the software is very good, however, at that price tag it's not worth it. Doesn't give me a reason to stop carrying around my iPod.
    05-26-08 04:58 PM
    What is it with people thinking they had a "time limit" on the beta testers, Geeez....did you report any bugs?.....Did you make any suggestions on how to improve it...or did ya just sit back and use it and never actually contribute...I won it...Patrick won it...and I can assure you I posted ALL my bugs that I found and posted alot of suggestions as well..this whole thought that they were going by the amount of time the app was used is kinda bogus...and the price is not $40-$45...it's $29.95...cheap cost to pay imo for a well programmed and useful app...you design something thats as good and useful, i'll hand over the $29.95 to you as well...on top of that all the beta testers get it at half price..
    And yes, I did in fact report several bugs, as well as suggestions to better the software. I'm fully aware they didn't choose it by the amount of time used (that was just silly), but I do feel deserving.
    05-26-08 04:59 PM

Patrick

That's easy to say when you got a free copy and it doesn't do everything I need it to do. Still no A2DP Bluetooth support. I'm deleting this app and using old faithful. Miutunes is a nice addition to the BlackBerry app family, but for what I'd use it for it's not worth the price.
    Last edited by AJErvin12; 05-26-08 at 05:38 PM.
    05-26-08 05:02 PM
    You're right-- I am a student. But that profession isn't changing for awhile. If I wanted to I could 'go ask mommy and daddy' to get it for me, but who wants to do that. I agree that the software is very good, however, at that price tag it's not worth it. Doesn't give me a reason to stop carrying around my iPod.
    Sorry, can't feel sorry for you when at 50% off it's only $20 for you. I mean, you could go deliver pizzas for a night and make $20, or mow a yard. Get creative! I didn't have to work while I finished school, but that was because I'm a vet and had benefits.

Here's a thought... sell your iPod, then you'll have more than enough for MiuTunes, and you won't have to carry two devices. In fact, then you should have enough to buy yourself a nice 8GB micro SD card!

Patrick
    05-26-08 05:08 PM
    I do agree that they should have been a little more generous to beta testers who gave ample suggestions and bug feedback. I know I gave tons, and totally feel I deserved a free copy. Not sure I like the fact that they hand picked the 10 winners, I was under the impression it would be more of a random picking from the people who gave ample feedback. Really sucks I have to pay for all the help I gave. I probably will end up paying for the app since I love it and think its the best out there, and def made me start using my curve as my primary mp3, but I am just super disappointed in the free license thing...

05-26-08 06:27 PM
    Also agree with AJ, if 40 is nothing to you Patrick, I think the right thing to do would be to give up your free license to someone else...

Miu will still get my 20 bucks, but 40 is def a lot to charge when it seems they didn't even take a lot of their own surveu questions into consideration (ie the silly years area that the majority of people won't use).

Also feel that I gave a few suggestions that realy shouls have been addresses, like showing the time while using the app, having a quick way to go to "now playing", etc

All that said, great app, just a flawed awarding process at the end!! :-)

05-26-08 06:34 PM
    blaze, I actually did post comments and speculate on how they could have improved their software. Just so ya know =)
    05-26-08 06:41 PM
    Phenyx, why would the right thing to do is Patrick giving up his free copy? He earned it! Beta testers still get it for half off. Everybody needs to stop complaing about stupid little stuff.

05-26-08 06:41 PM
    Bla1ze and Patrick, congrats, obviously they took the top 10 feedback/bug submitters, so obviously you earned your free copy. Nothing to defend really. For everyone else, nothing's worth a penny more than you're willing to pay.
    Basic really.
    If there was an eq, video player, ringtone setup, way to mute with one button, shuffle that was a bit more random, I'd go mow a lawn for the $. Or just buy it, no big, but I don't need it, it doesn't offer me anything I don't already have.
    Now where the heck is my viigo beta?

05-26-08 06:46 PM
    No need to get upset.

I did not win either and will use the beta until it does not work any longer. I was not expecting a free license.

Looking at handango there are at least 5 other programs competing for our dollars. They range from free to $29.95. I think they should have charged $9.95 for the app with $5 off for the beta testers.

As mentioned by others, when the player stops working or I run out of memory, I will delete it. The biggest benefit I see from it is that I can hit the standby button and the music still plays.

From a business perspective, this company needs to find a way to keep us as customers because we will bolt to the next new item.

If IPOD ever licensed their software to blackberry, I know I would buy that.
    05-27-08 12:43 PM
    Sorry, can't feel sorry for you when at 50% off it's only $20 for you. I mean, you could go deliver pizzas for a night and make $20, or mow a yard. Get creative! I didn't have to work while I finished school, but that was because I'm a vet and had benefits.

Here's a thought... sell your iPod, then you'll have more than enough for MiuTunes, and you won't have to carry two devices. In fact, then you should have enough to buy yourself a nice 8GB micro SD card!

Patrick
    You know, I beta tested this software as well and I liked it but I'm not going to buy it, at any cost. I just participated in the beta testing for the experience.
    What is bothering me is your "holier than thou" attitude towards anyone who has had a negative opinion of this software. Not just in this thread either. You are the same way in the other thread about this software on this forum and you were condescending as **** to myself and others that offered suggestions or had issues with the software in the Miutunes beta forum. What's up? You seem to be taking any and all comments personally and your opinions of people that may or may not be able to afford the software is bordering on asinine.
    05-27-08 02:09 PM
    BTW, it's now listed for $29.95 on the website so I guess $19.95 isn't 1/2 off anymore for the beta testers. I am glad to see that they came down in the price a bit though.
    Last edited by cre8tivspirit; 05-27-08 at 02:17 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    05-27-08 02:16 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD