I'm missing my weather icon since I got my Bold. I guess the icon is not preloaded on my bold. I already subscribed to the weather channel but still doesn't show. please help. TIA
    Last edited by Barz; 04-06-09 at 08:32 AM.
    04-06-09 08:02 AM
    the same problem occured for me... but I have asked this problem way before you... been like 1 month or so.......

no one here can help you... seriously.. I believe if they can, they will help you... just try downloading weatherEye or something... it has cuter icon anyways..
    04-06-09 09:35 AM
    Did you resend your service books?
    04-06-09 09:43 AM
    service book is just for email... right?
    04-06-09 09:47 AM
    Nope, there are many kinds of service books. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book to see examples.
    04-06-09 09:55 AM
    I see the weather there n it has the check sign. How can I resend it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 10:11 AM
    I see the weather there n it has the check sign. How can I resend it?

ya, i've always wondered how to resend non-email service books too. i've been on these forums for a couple months now and have searched for it many times. never seen anything on non-email service books.
    04-06-09 10:31 AM
    Here's the BIS page for AT&T. Login and go to Service Books>Resend Service books.
    BlackBerry Internet Service

Sorry, cannot help with the address for XL.
    04-06-09 10:33 AM
    Whenever you send service books from BIS it sends ALL of them, not just email.
    Which weather service did you subscribe to?

04-06-09 10:42 AM
    I use the weather channel

04-06-09 10:51 AM
    04-06-09 11:00 AM
    Resent the service books n resubscribed the channel.
    But still no weather icon

Anymore ideas guys/girls?

04-06-09 11:34 AM
    If you're talking about Weather Push or Accuweather it took day or so before the icon showed up on my Bold. If the Weather Channel paid subscription service, I think there's an application associated with it that you must install.

04-06-09 03:38 PM
    Yes, it's about the weather push icon tha usually comes preloaded with the bold. I already subscribed months ago, stii can't find icon.
    And it's not hidden either.
    Last edited by Barz; 04-06-09 at 07:25 PM.
    04-06-09 07:05 PM
    The push weather is not preloaded on the Bold or any other berry as far as I know. At least they weren't on any of mine. I had a lot of problems getting the Accuweather websignal to show up on my Bold. As I recall when I tried to subscribe it kept telling me I was already subscribed. After a lot of searching I found a link to the unsubscribe page for RIM, unsubscribed, deleted from my Bold, and started fresh. I still had to wait a day before the icon appeared but I haven't had a problem since. I'll try to find the link again but I would suggest opening up google and searching for it.

04-06-09 09:21 PM
    My cousin's bold already has the weather icon when he got it. N I used the weather setup to subscribe. N I use the weather channel since accuweather doesn't provide the service for the city that I live in.
    Can I try by deleting the sevice book n resend it?

Last edited by Barz; 04-06-09 at 09:40 PM.
    04-06-09 09:37 PM
    Gotta love google! Goto this link with your BlackBerry http://push.na.blackberry.com/mss/PM_subList
    The push services you're subscribed to should be on that list. Check the box(es) for any and all weather services and click unsubscribe. After your done with that, with the browser open, open the menu, options, cache operations, clear pushed content. With the browser still open, open menu, bookmarks, scroll to browser channels, expand if required, and delete anything weather related there. Now, from the homescreen, goto options, advanced options, browser push, and make sure push is enabled all the way down, and save. If you want to delete any service books make sure you're logged into BIS on a PC as it will make resending them easier. After all that, battery pull , resend service books, and goto www.mobile.blackberry.com to subscribe to the push weather of your choice (I prefer the Accuweather WEBSIGNAL, which is a seperate link from the weather push, for the radar images) go through the process, and wait. Like I said earlier, it took a day before the icon appeared on my homescreen. Your results may vary This is what worked for me. Try all that fun stuff and report back please

04-06-09 10:14 PM
    Will report asap thx a lot maxiang

04-07-09 12:16 AM
    hmm.. I can't find browser channels in my bookmark option..
    this is so weird

i think this might be the real problem.... I checked my cousin's n the browser channels was there an showing somekind of temperature etc.
    Last edited by Barz; 04-07-09 at 05:49 AM.
    04-07-09 02:39 AM
    Just a thought that may be relevant. I lost a couple of icons on my Curve in the past and eventually found that I had accidentally dragged and dropped them into the Docs To Go folder on the Home Screen. Now I have upgraded to a Bold and the first thing that I noticed about the home screen is that there are more folders that I could inadvertantly move icons into - Downloads, Games, Applications, Set Up and Mapping (the latter I added myself). Presumably you have checked in all of these folders fort your missing icon, but if not it's worth a look.
    04-07-09 03:24 AM
    Good suggestion from Steve_S_T as the Downloads folder is where the Bold places the weather icon. Maybe there's no browser channel folder because there's no browser channel. Just go through the rest of the process and see what happens.

04-07-09 05:37 AM
    Just a thought that may be relevant. I lost a couple of icons on my Curve in the past and eventually found that I had accidentally dragged and dropped them into the Docs To Go folder on the Home Screen. Now I have upgraded to a Bold and the first thing that I noticed about the home screen is that there are more folders that I could inadvertantly move icons into - Downloads, Games, Applications, Set Up and Mapping (the latter I added myself). Presumably you have checked in all of these folders fort your missing icon, but if not it's worth a look.
    yes I have checked so many times... but still no luck
    thx for the advice though
    04-07-09 05:50 AM
    Do you have weather setup ? do it and subscribe to homepage then restart ur phone and wait ?
    04-07-09 06:44 AM
    Also be sure to Show All in case you hid it.
    04-07-09 07:03 AM
    guys.. the icon finally shows
    this is what i did:
    unsubscribed using h**p://push.na.blackberry.com/mss/PM_subList
    deleted the service book for weather
    unplug battery
    resent the service books
    resubscribed using the weather setup. ( I'm using the weather network )
    and 1 day later ... voila!! it's there
    n the browser channels shows in the bookmark option too.

thx to all for helping especially for maxiang :cheers:
    04-08-09 02:47 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD