Hi everyone!

I need help in getting the Podcast app for my 9860.

When I got my 9860, I was so eager to install new apps that I came across some crashing ones that prompted me to perform a security wipe, to restore my phone to factory settings. Problem is, I now can't find the Podcast App. Quite frankly, I am not too sure if it was there when I bought it (again, I was too eager on installing new apps).

Is there a way I can re-install it? If so, where can I download it?

I'm hoping that I won't have to perform another security wipe, or re-install the OS, unless they're the only ways to solve my problem.

I would appreciate suggestions and clarifications about my concern. Thanks in advance.
    12-28-11 02:33 AM
    http://rroyy.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    apg300 likes this.
    12-28-11 05:59 AM
    Thanks CiderGuru! This is great!

Would you, or anyone else, know if there's a way I can also do the same for my PlayBook? My PB didn't come with Podcasts and I read somewhere that it wasn't included for certain countries. I checked the site you gave and there was no download for Podcast app for the PB. Suggestions and ideas are most welcome.
    12-29-11 12:52 AM
    You cant get the podcast app for your pb unless your pb is setup and lives in a country that the app is intended for. Its installed as part of the OS.

You can get hold of some apps by using a proxy to fool Appworld into thinking youre in America, such as BlackBerry News, but theres no way to get the Podcast app.
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 12-29-11 at 06:26 AM.
    apg300 likes this.
    12-29-11 06:22 AM
    Thanks CiderGuru! I was hoping there was a way to get it. And thanks also for replying even if my follow-up question should've been posted in the PlayBook section.
    Well, looking at the brighter side, I'm glad that at least the Podcast app is available on my 9860.
    12-29-11 05:07 PM
    I guess I'm not sure why you can't just reinstall the BlackBerry Podcasts app from App World. When I upgraded to 7.1, it failed to reinstall BB Podcasts and all I had to do was go to App World and reinstall it. It remembered my settings and pulled in the podcasts I already had on my SD card without issue.
    apg300 likes this.
    12-30-11 04:24 PM
    I guess I'm not sure why you can't just reinstall the BlackBerry Podcasts app from App World. When I upgraded to 7.1, it failed to reinstall BB Podcasts and all I had to do was go to App World and reinstall it. It remembered my settings and pulled in the podcasts I already had on my SD card without issue.
    Thanks for the response! Actually, I now have it back on my phone. My remaining concern is getting it for the PlayBook, which I cant really understand why RIM isn't making available for other countries. I'm posting a topic under the Playbook section about it. Thanks again!
    12-30-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD