I've got a new tour that I installed the facebook app on (1.6.21).

I was able to get one contact connected manually using the "connect to blackberry contact" option.

Now however, that option doesn't show up when I hit the menu key from my facebook friends page. "Facebook Name" continues to show (blank) on all contacts but the one.

I have the "sync facebook contact" option turned off as I don't want the sync to occur automatcially.

I've tried uninstalling, using the BB Desktop Manager software, and reinstalling the FB app. Didn't seem to change anything.

The only thing I can think of that's changed since the "connect to blackberry contact" option was appearing is that I've now connected my tour to my work email via a BES server.

Is there some imcompatiblity between BES and the FB app?

Any thought on how I can link my BB contacts to my FB friends?

Thanks!
    Charles Wilt
    Last edited by charles.wilt; 09-15-09 at 12:13 AM.
    09-14-09 11:36 PM
    Double check to makesure ur email is the same on fb that u use on ur bb
    09-15-09 11:03 AM
    Double check to makesure ur email is the same on fb that u use on ur bb
    My personal email address, which is what I use for fb, is going to my bb. But the bes server is for my work email. I don't have to use my work address for the fb "connect to blackberry contact" to work do I?

Thanks
    Charles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 11:42 AM
    i am having the same exact issue as charles. i used to be able to connect my facebook friends to my blackberry contacts and now since ive upgraded to 1.6.21, i do not have that option any more. i also use the BES for my work email but have my personal email connected to facebook.
    09-16-09 06:52 PM
    After finding out how "big brother" BES is, I decided I really didn't want my personal BB to use it. So I wiped the device and started over.

The "connect to blackberry contact" is back when I'm on my facebook friends list.

So it does appear that there's an issue with the facebook app and BES.

-Charles
    09-18-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD